• Established
  • Best Answer
Trenzomnia... Would watch haha. Love zombies... And tren. Win win

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have no intention of competing. But I have had self image issues all my life. I like being strong, healthy, happy, and challenging myself in the gym. I try to live a balanced life; work, gym, family, God. If the occasional wine tasting happens or a few beers on a hot summer afternoon, so be it. I'm not sure how complete judgment became the topic of this thread. If you do or do not compete, I could care less. It's your life, do what makes you happy because you only get this one life, this one body and mind.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I do steroids so I can win the bar fights I get into because I'm a roid raging alcoholic.
Finally.

Someone had to be honest haha

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Nope. I've lost the urge to drink regardless of "supplements" I take. Waste of time, money and I hate feeling like crap.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well in this thread alone he seems out to insult everyone. Have a couple drinks on cycle, you're a degenerate. Do steroids and don't compete, you're an insecure mental case. Lol I'm just a bit of both. So what?
Perhaps I'd be more upset if it were the first time I'd been called a degenerate. Or if I didn't have beer to assuage my feelings of guilt, or being attacked.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Doing steroids and not competing has to stem from self-consciousness or at least some feeling of inadequacy. Doesn't seem rational to just cycle "recreationally", that's a mental illness.
I wouldn't go as far as calling it a mental illness. Sure, self conscious/body image issues are part of it. But you could argue that anyone that goes to the gym to change their appearance has the same issues. I've seen the movie "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" mentioned above. Perfect example. Stemmed from self image issues, but it seems that he's pretty mentally stable to me with running a very successful gym, business, and a happy family. Competitions aren't the only thing that would "logically" make people decide to use.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True, but generally speaking I would say close to 90% of the guys on these forums don't compete for one reason or another, let alone get to compete in the big shows. lol so yes, you have a valid point, I can definitely see that happening. But on the same token, a majority of users are recreational and probably not succumbing to the rigors of competing.
The fact that someone competes makes no damn difference. The point I'm making is people run orals and drink..

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding the OPs question.

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
So with that logic, going fishing when not a professional fisherman stems from some kind of self-consciousness or feeling of inadequacy. There is a million and one reasons why someone can personally justify their actions in just about any circumstance, taking gear included
Justifying something cannot work without rational thought in the equation. At that point you just become an insolent bigot. And that analogy you made has virtually zero correlation to what I had originally said. Reassess, my friend.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Lol a lot of dudes get off stage with anadrol, superdrol, winstrol, halotestin, etc. all in their system and within hours of getting off stage are getting freakin trashed at the after party and in the hotels. If you have never competing in a big show.. You wouldn't no..

Been there.. It happens. I've never done it.. When I get off stage, I typically fall asleep lol.. Every time we go out for a huge meal I get horrid acid reflux from eating stuff my body isn't use to wher it hurts to much to eat
The fact that someone competes makes no damn difference. The point I'm making is people run orals and drink..

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding the OPs question.
You brought up competing first stating that people get hammered after shows and what not. I was simply saying that most people in this forum are *probably* not competing, or have a desire to compete. Those people run orals or any other substance because they want to see how big, strong, etc. they can get. At some point or another, all of us that are serious about training are obsessed with progress, and the substances that we use are part of that equation. All other points aside, this thread's question was about drinking and being on cycle. I threw in my reply to your statement regarding the ones that do drink after shows. But, most of us aren't competing, so having that temptation to do whatever you want after months of strict dieting is minimal compared to the ones who step on stage. Am I not seeing something here?

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I used to get straight up hammered when I used to only run prohormones and designer steroids... High school, freshman year of college. Way too often, and way too drunk. Didn't help that I joined a fraternity when I went to college and pledgeship required a LOT of alcohol abuse. Ironically when I crossed over to finally using injectables last year I drastically reduced my alcohol consumption and I hardly ever do now. Additionally I feel way worse the next day when I actually do drink.

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
I used to get straight up hammered when I used to only run prohormones and designer steroids... High school, freshman year of college. Way too often, and way too drunk. Didn't help that I joined a fraternity when I went to college and pledgeship required a LOT of alcohol abuse. Ironically when I crossed over to finally using injectables last year I drastically reduced my alcohol consumption and I hardly ever do now. Additionally I feel way worse the next day when I actually do drink.
Fraternities are crazy. Alpha zeti here

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Fraternities are crazy. Alpha zeti here
SAE. Have been a colony here for 3 years and finally got our charter about a month ago; on my 21st birthday coincidentally. I didn't even go crazy though, just had some drinks with my parents and enjoyed the day. The guys that have been with me from the start are still ridiculous, drinking like 3-4 nights a week and consistently blacking out.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
SAE. Have been a colony here for 3 years and finally got our charter about a month ago; on my 21st birthday coincidentally. I didn't even go crazy though, just had some drinks with my parents and enjoyed the day. The guys that have been with me from the start are still ridiculous, drinking like 3-4 nights a week and consistently blacking out.
Our SAE chapter got shut down at OU lol

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
I'm almost 30 lol. Back in the college days (early and mid 20s) we had our group have one have to chug 2 pints of cheap black velvet whisky (16shots) in 3 mins enable to join...back then I was like nah that's not right he's going to be puke drunk . Nowadays I think of things and am surprised idiots did the things they did and didn't die lol

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I'm almost 30 lol. Back in the college days (early and mid 20s) we had our group have one have to chug 2 pints of cheap black velvet whisky (16shots) in 3 mins enable to join...back then I was like nah that's not right he's going to be puke drunk . Nowadays I think of things and am surprised idiots did the things they did and didn't die lol
Oh god I hate black velvet whiskey
We had to drink a LOT of congress vodka

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
Oh god I hate black velvet whiskey
We had to drink a LOT of congress vodka
For a reason we never kept vodka around due to one very bad experience with two guys. (One guy got drunk and went over to the ladies dorm and beat up his gf) cops weren't even called but we found out about it and did more justice then the law would have. We viewed vodka as **** just like that pos ever sense lol

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You brought up competing first stating that people get hammered after shows and what not. I was simply saying that most people in this forum are *probably* not competing, or have a desire to compete. Those people run orals or any other substance because they want to see how big, strong, etc. they can get. At some point or another, all of us that are serious about training are obsessed with progress, and the substances that we use are part of that equation. All other points aside, this thread's question was about drinking and being on cycle. I threw in my reply to your statement regarding the ones that do drink after shows. But, most of us aren't competing, so having that temptation to do whatever you want after months of strict dieting is minimal compared to the ones who step on stage. Am I not seeing something here?
We're not seeing eye to eye here bro.. Nobodies fault, we're just not understanding one another.

People drink all the time on gear whether there competing or not. That's my point. I hear people talk about drinking when on all the time, but I actually visually see it post shows.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
For a reason we never kept vodka around due to one very bad experience with two guys. (One guy got drunk and went over to the ladies dorm and beat up his gf) cops weren't even called but we found out about it and did more justice then the law would have. We viewed vodka as **** just like that pos ever sense lol
Damn haha. Yeah ever clear is no joke either.

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
Yep I agree as well. I think most of us that use recreationally do so because we're a bit self conscious. That doesn't mean that we don't have drive and motivation though. Many of the guys around here have struggled with body image issues their whole life (myself included). To me, there's nothing wrong with finding a way to help satisfy yourself so long as your responsible with it.

It's one thing to abuse these things just for vanity, but it's completely different to use responsibly for personal betterment or satisfaction. Life isn't worth living if you're not happy so you might as well do what it takes to be happy with yourself.
Amen bro. Amen:)

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
We're not seeing eye to eye here bro.. Nobodies fault, we're just not understanding one another.

People drink all the time on gear whether there competing or not. That's my point. I hear people talk about drinking when on all the time, but I actually visually see it post shows.
It's all good, bud. Figured we were miscommunicating somehow. I see what you're saying. I wouldn't do it, not even on a mild PH cycle, let alone after after competing with a lot more assistance going on. Could only imagine the shock your body would go through when you're dry and all dieted down like that.

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
Once upon a time I drank while taking hdrol. Not a ton, but I was aware it was advised against. I still made gains but I am sure it held me back somewhat. Zero alcohol now and like at least one other said when I DO drink on occasion I pay for it the next day. Alcohol also kills my motivation so it really has not place anymore if I plan on lifting and running anything I have spent money on to help with that.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
I have to go with the brothers who take it as a serious matter when they're on. I told my girlfriend and friends in advance (not that I have that many friends to worry about) that once I start a cycle, I won't be able to drink any alcohol. Not just one, and no matter the occasion. Yes, I know that _____ concert and _____fest are coming up. Maximum gains while still keeping my longevity intact as possible is my focus. What's nice is that since you're doing something most others at a given event aren't doing, even if you go, you don't feel left out when not drinking.

medinacirilo

medinacirilo

Awards
  • Established
Zyzzz

*proceeds to violently fist pump to the sound of beegees "staying alive"

( which was the beat we learned to follow while performing chest compressions, though I prefer queens "another one bites the dust")
Yup I read this thread, and ZYZZ immediately came to mind!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's all good, bud. Figured we were miscommunicating somehow. I see what you're saying. I wouldn't do it, not even on a mild PH cycle, let alone after after competing with a lot more assistance going on. Could only imagine the shock your body would go through when you're dry and all dieted down like that.
I def agree with that. I wouldn't want to do it. I think I drank 1/2 a beer once post show and that was only to look cool and fit in haha

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have. Probably dozens of times over the 3.5+ years of B/C.

Hell, to echo what criticalbench has said, I've seen dudes drinking beers between lifts at a meet.

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
yes i have.The confidence gets pretty ridicky
Test prop + Tren + alcohol = ungodly/super human confidence.

Good or bad, that depends on the person, but alcohol on cycle just prevents gains so I don't do it. I am guilty of drinking on cycle though. I'm not perfect & have a social life.

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
Test prop + Tren + alcohol = ungodly/super human confidence.

Good or bad, that depends on the person, but alcohol on cycle just prevents gains so I don't do it. I am guilty of drinking on cycle though. I'm not perfect & have a social life.
hurrr durrr muh social life

Justifying drinking on cycle.... lol and you guys call me the troll?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We all gotta die sometime...

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
hurrr durrr muh social life

Justifying drinking on cycle.... lol and you guys call me the troll?
Lol, to each their own I guess. I'm not going to say the temptation hasn't been there, but I quickly came to my senses about it. I don't have much of a social life anyway, so

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whiskey and deadlifts, FTW.
Yeah, imagine how up in arms these guys would be about doing half of a training session with a buzz. I actually achieved negative gains from squatting and pulling in the 6s in the same night. Just ask them!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Whiskey and deadlifts, FTW.
Yeah, imagine how up in arms these guys would be about doing half of a training session with a buzz. I actually achieved negative gains from squatting and pulling in the 6s in the same night. Just ask them!
I did a tipsy leg day in high school once. It was a very dizzying and unproductive experience.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I once lifted weights on DXM. No joke all of my lifts went up. I couldn't feel the weight I was moving. It was just moving. Can't really explain it

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
I once lifted weights on DXM. No joke all of my lifts went up. I couldn't feel the weight I was moving. It was just moving. Can't really explain it
I've lifted weights listening to DMX, started barking. Couldn't explain that either.

All jokes aside, what's DXM?

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I've lifted weights listening to DMX, started barking. Couldn't explain that either.

All jokes aside, what's DXM?
Taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dextromethorphan:
Dextromethorphan (DXM or DM) is a drug of the morphinan class with sedative, dissociative, and stimulant properties (at higher doses). It is one of the active ingredients in many over-the-counter cold and cough medicines, including generic labels and store brands, Benylin DM, Mucinex DM, Camydex-20 tablets, Robitussin, NyQuil, Dimetapp, Vicks, Coricidin, Delsym, TheraFlu, Cheracol D, and others.
It's basically what makes you trip if you OD on any of these OTC cold and symptom treatment medicines.
There's actually like different "plateaus" of the trip with descriptions if you google search "DXM trip." Doesn't look that fun to me, kinda like if you try to recreationally abuse Benadryl.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Taken from https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_quickfaq.shtml:
There are four different kinds of experiences, based on the dosage; these are called plateaus. The first plateau is a mild stimulant effect with a little bit of a buzz, and has been compared to MDA. The second plateau is more intoxicating and has been compared to being drunk and stoned at the same time. The third plateau is dissociative, like a lower dose of ketamine. The fourth plateau is fully dissociative like a higher dose of ketamine.

You should not attempt higher plateau doses unless you have someone with you who can take care of you in case you get sick or freak out. It happens on DXM. Many things can happen unexpectedly on upper plateaus, such as spontaneous memory recall, complex delusions, hallucinations, out-of-body experiences, near-death experiences, and perceived contact with spiritual or alien entities. You need to be pretty stable and grounded before you can handle these things.
Again, meh...not my cup of tea. I've dabbled in prescription pills among a myriad of other things, and at this point my only preferred drugs are of an anabolic:androgenic nature.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
DXM is a disgusting experience. You either love it or hate it. I say it feels like bunk X no matter what plateau. I can see the not feeling the weight you're moving part, though.

nasty88

nasty88

Awards
I drank a pitcher of beer and my boy called me tp go to gym.me being the gym promoter i am felt the need to not be a scared boy so i said ok i have a buzz but i will live.my deadlifts felt strong and after a couple sets i had to throw up after the vomiting i was done lifting.i dont regret it.it was still better than missing a workout plus i encorouged a freind not to skip the gym

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My best deadlift days are when I smoke just a little prior to getting to the gym. Being able to zone out and groove along with my music helps immensely when I pull.