Full Body vs Splits my recent take

J-Test

Awards
I'm sure this is an age old discussion.

I recently have made more gains with the Full Body x3/week. I can tell though that I've "leaned out" a bit and 'lost' some bulk.

I was doing splits for a bit there.

Legs or Legs + Chest
Back or Back + Shoulders (I like back by itself better, better gains with back and shoulders for me)
Shoulders or Shoulder + Arms

You get the idea

Recently been doing a

Quad
Ham
Chest
Back Width
Shoulder
Tricep
Bicep

x3/week

I feel "smaller" even though people are still telling me I look "big". I think it's from not doing Inclines and Shrugs. No plans on competing, just looking and feeling my best, liking how I look in the mirror.

It was a good mix up though, a good departure from standard split. I'm ready to hit the splits again though, or maybe throw in more incline and shrugs. I did feel more intensity having a day of just "Legs and Chest" "Back and Shoulders" etc

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It can be good to change up volume intensity and frequency over time, don’t get married to doing just one set frequency forever. You’ll find different people respond better to different variations and you’ll probably find you yourself will respond better to various frequencies at different points in your training career for various reasons.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm sure this is an age old discussion.

I recently have made more gains with the Full Body x3/week. I can tell though that I've "leaned out" a bit and 'lost' some bulk.

I was doing splits for a bit there.

Legs or Legs + Chest
Back or Back + Shoulders (I like back by itself better, better gains with back and shoulders for me)
Shoulders or Shoulder + Arms

You get the idea

Recently been doing a

Quad
Ham
Chest
Back Width
Shoulder
Tricep
Bicep

x3/week

I feel "smaller" even though people are still telling me I look "big". I think it's from not doing Inclines and Shrugs. No plans on competing, just looking and feeling my best, liking how I look in the mirror.

It was a good mix up though, a good departure from standard split. I'm ready to hit the splits again though, or maybe throw in more incline and shrugs. I did feel more intensity having a day of just "Legs and Chest" "Back and Shoulders" etc
If you are newer to lifting, you're gonna have equal or better results with a full body routine, at least from what I've seen. There is something to be said for The high frequency getting you good At movement patterns. Especially if you're doing The important exercises. Down the road when yiur doing rows with 225, benching 300+ and squatting and deadlifts with over 400 or even 500lbs your gonna find it awful hard doing those lifts or any heavy compound 2-3x a week for each body part.

I personally love full-body workouts and I often go back to them when I wanna get stronger on my compounds or even just for a change of pace.

Terminater

Terminater

Awards
I have found over time, as long as I am hitting everything I want to grow efficiently, along with proper diet and cycle protocol of course… you will make progress no matter what, and definitely feels effective switching it up every now again.

I usually bounce between the bro split and a PPL every 12 weeks or so

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When I was fully conditioned and leaned out it seemed like everything was full body mon-fri, then on the weekend I'd throw in a vanity session to hit the stuff I felt didn't get enough attention over the week. It definitely stalled out my strength but leaned me up.