FREE STRONG & SHREDDED STACKS! -> OxyELITE Pro AF + C20!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yes we are FB buds. I know all about his douche baggery. Doesnt bother me much. Its actually quite amusing
You see him when he trolled Martin? holy cow man.. was ridiculous.
Some of his e-fights with Layne tho he did not have much back up for his stance which made me question what he was trying to dictate to him.

His book i agree absolutely amazing. i have all of them, and are a wealth of knowledge.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1. Try something new. Diet, exercise, routine, hell- try a new route home. Changes can keep you sane and make things easier.
2. Don't live and die by the scale. It's just a number and often not even correct.
3. Enjoy the ride. Sure there are tough times but there's a good reason you started and it sure as hell wasn't to torture yourself to the point of breaking! Think about little wins and how they add up to your goal.
Love #2
Some people put more faith in the scale than the mirror, which is bad.
Sometimes you wont lose weight but notice leaner in the mirror, hence not to make a move. then the following week on the same macros/calories/diet/cardio and you lose a 1.5 pound drop or 2 pound woosh

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

"As folks get very lean, down to the last pounds of fat, the skin and fat cells that are left will often change appearance and texture. It will look dimply (as the fat cells which are supporting the skin shrink and the skin isn’t supported) and feel squishy to the touch. This is bad in that it looks really weird, but it’s good because it means that the fat is going away. I have nothing truly profound to say about this topic, just realizes that it happens and usually indicates good things are happening."

Pictures say 1000 words!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Love #2
Some people put more faith in the scale than the mirror, which is bad.
Sometimes you wont lose weight but notice leaner in the mirror, hence not to make a move. then the following week on the same macros/calories/diet/cardio and you lose a 1.5 pound drop or 2 pound woosh

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

"As folks get very lean, down to the last pounds of fat, the skin and fat cells that are left will often change appearance and texture. It will look dimply (as the fat cells which are supporting the skin shrink and the skin isn’t supported) and feel squishy to the touch. This is bad in that it looks really weird, but it’s good because it means that the fat is going away. I have nothing truly profound to say about this topic, just realizes that it happens and usually indicates good things are happening."

Pictures say 1000 words!
Loved his site. The term whoosh is a great way to explain these kind if swings too

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some of his e-fights with Layne tho he did not have much back up for his stance which made me question what he was trying to dictate to him.
Why? Layne was wrong and needed to be told he was wrong. You cant pretend to be on the forefront of addressing broscience and then preach broscience. Im glad Lyle called his bull**** out. Perhaps he will be more cautious with future statements he makes.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Why? Layne was wrong and needed to be told he was wrong. You cant pretend to be on the forefront of addressing broscience and then preach broscience. Im glad Lyle called his bull**** out. Perhaps he will be more cautious with future statements he makes.
Metabolic damage is broscience? Aware me...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Metabolic damage is broscience? Aware me...
Its a hypothesis he is presnting as fact without any significant evidence to suppirt it other then a few anecdotes. This is the epitome of broscience. Yes McDonald can be abrasive and quite frankly a dick but all he really did was question the existance of what Norton was defining as metabolic damage. He asked for literature to support it and Nortons respinse was basically I got a PhD so im right and your just a guru so your wrong.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its a hypothesis he is presnting as fact without any significant evidence to suppirt it other then a few anecdotes. This is the epitome of broscience. Yes McDonald can be abrasive and quite frankly a dick but all he really did was question the existance of what Norton was defining as metabolic damage. He asked for literature to support it and Nortons respinse was basically I got a PhD so im right and your just a guru so your wrong.
...in kinesiology. They both can be abrasive at times. I think the bottom line here is to read it all, and consider it all with a grain of salt. No one is all-knowing and I think we have something to gain from them all (McDonald, Norton, and the many other well-known diet experts). Now, back to YOUR tips! Let's hear 'em!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
This thread is full of great advice! Keep them rolling in :)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
...in kinesiology. They both can be abrasive at times. I think the bottom line here is to read it all, and consider it all with a grain of salt. No one is all-knowing and I think we have something to gain from them all (McDonald, Norton, and the many other well-known diet experts). Now, back to YOUR tips! Let's hear 'em!
I agree
I love the science between BOTH and their writings and research. but lets face it. Everyone responds different. I know some people that have to suffer and go very low in kcals to get shredded Period. They cant lose weight on 2000 calories and have to go to protein and veggie meals some days and then refeed to keep their metabolism going and to get shredded. And some people like Layne, Tommy, Doug Miller can diet on 200g of carbs and get shredded and win pro-cards. So i think this just boils down to individual and what is necessary to reach that desired level of leanness. We are all different, but at the end of the day some people do need to get drastic the last few weeks to really get into the shape they desire. Now... for people that do hours of cardio and eat 800 calories for a Month-2-3 months period of time. That may be a problem.... Especially what low kcals can do to your t3, leptin, hormone levels.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
1.) get enough sleep ( this can kill any diet exercise plan)
2.) get good nutrition ( it not just how many calories but what type)
3.) stay the course ( can't have 4 cheat meals a week a cry about no results)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1. Listen to your body. Push when you can, rest when you need to.
2. Lift with your muscles not your mind. Your mind will tell you're tired before your muscles will.
3. Celebrate the little things. They all add up.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
wow what an awesome giveaway. my three tips would be

1.use a proven workout program with scheduled progressive overload, and lifting between 70-90% of 1rm depending on goals
2. make sure you are getting sufficient proteins and fats to support growth and overall health.
3.and do get strong and shredded you need to incorporate bulk/cut cycles. bulk 10-20% above TDEE until roughly 15% BF then cut down while still lifting heavy to preserve LBM until around 10% (kind of personal preference) and repeat

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My official entry #1 lol
1. Use common sense and be realistic with your goals. The guts to start making a change doesn't happen overnight so the results wont either
2. Stay positive. Find something to be proud of after every session. Doing so will open doors that will lead to a healthier individual overall.
3. Commit! Give everything to your plan and see it through. Giving up is easy but weathering the storm builds character ....and muscles :)

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
2. Stay positive. Find something to be proud of after every session. Doing so will open doors that will lead to a healthier individual overall.
I like this!

CJNator

Awards
1) Calorie Deficent Diet
2) High Protein/High Fats/Low Carbs
3) Cardio

4) USPLab supplements OBVIOUSLY :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
1) c20 & oep
2) oep & c20
3) food & heavy weights.

:)

All three at the same damn time.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1) c20 & oep
2) oep & c20
3) food & heavy weights.

:)

All three at the same damn time.
I see what you did there

I would do this

1) Prime + CP 20
2) OEP + Anabolic Pump
3) Supercissus + OE Protein

Just sayin :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I see what you did there

I would do this

1) Prime + CP 20
2) OEP + Anabolic Pump
3) Supercissus + OE Protein

Just sayin :)
1. Watch the solutions YouTube vids
2. cook like the solution
3. Enjoy your meals

Haha chef bob keeps you lean and strong ;)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1. Watch the solutions YouTube vids
2. cook like the solution
3. Enjoy your meals

Haha chef bob keeps you lean and strong ;)
Honestly bro. I just winged a recipe yesterday for Sweet Potato Brownies.
Could be one of the best things i have ever made..

Srs..

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Honestly bro. I just winged a recipe yesterday for Sweet Potato Brownies.
Could be one of the best things i have ever made..

Srs..
That's the best feeling... Throwing some stuff together and having it turn into gold.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1. Don't stress the small stuff. Keep your eye on the prize. A missed rep here or an extra carb there makes very little difference in the grand scheme.
2. Have a final goal in mind but don't make that your dead stopping point... Push the limits
3. Do what you hate.. It's most likely what you're weakness is and will help you the most. In time it may become your strongest aspect.

skylark66

Awards
1) Cycle Carbohydrates - (moderate intake on workout days, low on non-workout) + 1 cheat meal per week
2) Follow 5/3/1 lifting program + 1 Hurricane a week. This has been the most effective approach for me personally
3) Sleep! At least 8 hours of quality sleep.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
1. Don't stress the small stuff. Keep your eye on the prize. A missed rep here or an extra carb there makes very little difference in the grand scheme.
2. Have a final goal in mind but don't make that your dead stopping point... Push the limits
3. Do what you hate.. It's most likely what you're weakness is and will help you the most. In time it may become your strongest aspect.
good tips here^ inspirational

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
good tips here^ inspirational

TX75972

Awards
My 3 tricks for getting strong & shredded.

1. To get strong, stick with basics like (A) Deadlifts (B) Bench Press (C) Squats.
2. Rest before & after your workouts. Keep yourself moving throughout your workouts.
3. If you want to cut up faster, don't eat after 5 or 6 pm. The extended hours of fasting will hasten weight loss.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. To get strong, stick with basics like (A) Deadlifts (B) Bench Press (C) Squats.
2. Rest before & after your workouts. Keep yourself moving throughout your workouts.
3. If you want to cut up faster, don't eat after 5 or 6 pm. The extended hours of fasting will hasten weight loss.
3) is incorrect.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Few more tips:

1) Dont negate sodium or potassium ever in your diet, this can lead to an imbalance, cramps , and vicious side effects
2) Dont make Very fast caloric cuts or increases in cardio, this would crash metabolism and set you up for future stalls and faster.
3) Use the mirror #1 and scale #2. The mirror shows more progress and results than a number on a scale ever will.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
this^. weight is determined by net energy balance not the times in which you eat
Then how does the lean gain diet work. Total calories are important but when you take them can also play a role ( although generally less dramatic ) in body composition and metabolism

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Then how does the lean gain diet work. Total calories are important but when you take them can also play a role ( although generally less dramatic ) in body composition and metabolism
The Wut?
Take them in whenever you want... if you do a LG diet that has an 8 hour window it would be around your workout (either pre-workout meals, training fasted, post-workout and after that etc.

1-2 pre-workout meals 1 post
3 post
1 pre and 2 post

etc...

Most people who do LG eat in a 12-8 window, some do later, some earlier... there is no magical time limit, regardless do what suits you and your body, and your schedule . Its all personal preference.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
The Wut?
Take them in whenever you want... if you do a LG diet that has an 8 hour window it would be around your workout (either pre-workout meals, training fasted, post-workout and after that etc.

1-2 pre-workout meals 1 post
3 post
1 pre and 2 post

etc...

Most people who do LG eat in a 12-8 window, some do later, some earlier... there is no magical time limit, regardless do what suits you and your body, and your schedule . Its all personal preference.
Then what's the point of lean gains or IF. You can't say that not eating after a workout isn't important. I was just making the point that timing can make a difference. Even if to a lesser degree then what and how much.

http://www.utexas.edu/features/archive/2004/nutrition.html

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/08/06/a-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting/

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then what's the point of lean gains or IF. You can't say that not eating after a workout isn't important. I was just making the point that timing can make a difference. Even if to a lesser degree then what and how much.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/08/06/a-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting/
All it is, is a convenience tool really. Some people don't have time to eat right away in the morning or don't have time at night to eat so they use this type of diet. It's not a magical diet.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
All it is, is a convenience tool really. Some people don't have time to eat right away in the morning or don't have time at night to eat so they use this type of diet. It's not a magical diet.
According to the supporters of IF. (Not saying I 100% agree) it's more than that it increases insulin sensitivity and increases growth hormone output just to name a few.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
According to the supporters of IF. (Not saying I 100% agree) it's more than that it increases insulin sensitivity and increases growth hormone output just to name a few.
I've read and heard a few positive things about IF also. I have also tried IF twice, and never noticed anything to make me want to stick with it (unless my schedule worked better with IF).

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I've read and heard a few positive things about IF also. I have also tried IF twice, and never noticed anything to make me want to stick with it (unless my schedule worked better with IF).
I with yah. I think it's kind of hit of miss. The Solution said it best in his post "do what suits you and your body."

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
and thats why i dont post here much lmao

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Where did i say i dont eat after a workout? But never
Thats putting words in my mouth LOL

if you train fasted your first meal would be post-workout
If you train with 1 pre-workout meal you still eat a meal post training
if you train with 2 pre-workout meals you have a post-workout meal

as martin Advocated in all of his stances.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Exactly, if you work long mornings then you could fast, have a few pre-workout meals. train after work, then have a big post-workout meal. Its a lifestle and for convenience

Right here:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Even the second link describes it as a dieting pattern.

I've being doing as such for about six weeks and have enjoyed it so far. Still dialing in a few things here and there, but for me, that's half the fun.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Agreed. Even the second link describes it as a dieting pattern.

I've being doing as such for about six weeks and have enjoyed it so far. Still dialing in a few things here and there, but for me, that's half the fun.
3+ years here, again its a lifestyle, but at the end of the day i have found when i eat 5-6 meals a day
My energy is worse
gym performance is worse
hungrier all the time regardless of goal
Get bloated from eating more meals compared to less meals
Greater energy in the fasted state

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Where did i say i dont eat after a workout? But never
Thats putting words in my mouth LOL

if you train fasted your first meal would be post-workout
If you train with 1 pre-workout meal you still eat a meal post training
if you train with 2 pre-workout meals you have a post-workout meal

as martin Advocated in all of his stances.
I never implied that you said you don't have a post workout meal I was implying that you would agree on the importance.

What you said above show that we agree on what I'm trying to say.

When you eat ( nutrition timing ) can make a difference

TX75972

Awards
Didn't ask for it. Don't want it. Don't need it.

3) is incorrect.
Your input in regard to my suggestions is neither wanted nor needed & I didn't ask for it. If I had wanted your opinion I would have formulated my original post in the form of a question or questions. Since I didn't, you can kindly take your opinion & feck off. Please keep your responses addressed to the original post. The original post asked for 3 things that the reader felt helped one to get strong & shredded. I listed 3 things that I felt did such, since I have personally witnessed all 3 items that I posted result in positive results for others. What right do you have to state that my information is incorrect? I don't know you. You don't know me. Unless you've been standing beside me on an ethereal plane of existence for the last 15 years at my local gym, then your opinion of what I have to say is pretty much full of sh*t. And that's conservatively speaking. Additionally, I could have written several pages regarding different methods that others have done in order to gain physical fitness & achieve the body they want. But the original author of this post only asked for 3 methods. And there was nothing in the original post which stated that I must go into detail regarding my suggestions. There was nothing noted in the original post that I must agree with the somewhat dissolute musings of a forum member named "KBAYNE". Am I mistaken? Or do I need to contact this member & have all my future postings reviewed & edited by him? As you can tell, I haven't made very many posts on this website. I do try to garner information from such websites as these, however. But honestly speaking, if I've got to put up with some "meat-head" insulting me every time I try to make a simple post or ask a question, then I doubt I'll be participating in these forums very much. And I was of the opinion that participation was something to be encouraged by the members of this website. Another error on my part? I'm sure that "KBANYE" has a well-formulated response.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your input in regard to my suggestions is neither wanted nor needed & I didn't ask for it. If I had wanted your opinion I would have formulated my original post in the form of a question or questions. Since I didn't, you can kindly take your opinion & feck off. Please keep your responses addressed to the original post. The original post asked for 3 things that the reader felt helped one to get strong & shredded. I listed 3 things that I felt did such, since I have personally witnessed all 3 items that I posted result in positive results for others. What right do you have to state that my information is incorrect? I don't know you. You don't know me. Unless you've been standing beside me on an ethereal plane of existence for the last 15 years at my local gym, then your opinion of what I have to say is pretty much full of sh*t. And that's conservatively speaking. Additionally, I could have written several pages regarding different methods that others have done in order to gain physical fitness & achieve the body they want. But the original author of this post only asked for 3 methods. And there was nothing in the original post which stated that I must go into detail regarding my suggestions. There was nothing noted in the original post that I must agree with the somewhat dissolute musings of a forum member named "KBAYNE". Am I mistaken? Or do I need to contact this member & have all my future postings reviewed & edited by him? As you can tell, I haven't made very many posts on this website. I do try to garner information from such websites as these, however. But honestly speaking, if I've got to put up with some "meat-head" insulting me every time I try to make a simple post or ask a question, then I doubt I'll be participating in these forums very much. And I was of the opinion that participation was something to be encouraged by the members of this website. Another error on my part? I'm sure that "KBANYE" has a well-formulated response.
Take it down a notch bud. Wasn't trying to start anything nor insult you in anyway.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So...ummm, how bout them Cowboys, amirite?
I KNOW, RIGHT! With their hats and their boots and those tight jeans! Cowboys are my fave...er... that IS what you were talking about right?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1. Lower fats
2. Moderate carbs, early in the day. Cut them out in the evening.
3. NO BOOZE!!!- this should be a no brainer

These are personal to me, especially the fats. I find I struggle to lean up with fats because I think it's too easy to overdo them.