For Those That Have Taken Kre Alkalyn

Dynasty90

Awards
What was your dosing like? I have a bottle of Sci Fit Kre Alkalyn 1500 and am not sure what the most effective way to dose it. The bottle says, "Take 1 to 2 capsules once in the morning and once prior to exercise." Follow the bottle or do something else?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What was your dosing like? I have a bottle of Sci Fit Kre Alkalyn 1500 and am not sure what the most effective way to dose it. The bottle says, "Take 1 to 2 capsules once in the morning and once prior to exercise." Follow the bottle or do something else?
I've used Kre-Alkalyn (different brand) and dosed as follows:

Training Days -
Dose 1 - 2 caps 60 min pre-training
Dose 2 - 3 caps immediately post-training

Non-Training Days -
Dose - 2 caps first thing

You can dose the same with SciFit Kre-Alkalyn 1500.

~Team APPNUT

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You should really get that powder version!
Capped creatine just doesn't perform from what I have seen..

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creatine is creatine, whether capped or powder and works the same. Whether one uses caps or powder is personal preference - I have used both and prefer pills over powder for anything for the convenience.

~Team APPNUT

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Apart from a small strength increase after one week of being on Kre alk, i didn't notice much, I happened to go through 300+tabs of Kre alk over a 2-3 month cycle, but took it as per label instructions...

While Im unsure of wether kre alk is hyped or has any additional benefit over regular Creatine, from my experience I feel as though its under dosed. Maybe this is where the hype falls short.

Im 4 weeks or so into a Creapure cycle and have another 3 month supply im continueing with for some extra strength gains, and Ive noticed a VERY noticable increase in strength over the last few weeks and some size gains. Very pleased with how its going so far. Cost wise it works out better for me also :)

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
Creatine is creatine, whether capped or powder and works the same. Whether one uses caps or powder is personal preference - I have used both and prefer pills over powder for anything for the convenience.

~Team APPNUT

yes but their are lots of people that will argue about the delivery of the creatine
kre alkyln or whatever claims the pH is too low in creatine mono and that in its liquid form mostly all of it becomes bio waste in the body and is moved out there for your not really flooding your muscles with it like you thought you was
Creatine is its own stamp and doesnt really claim anything about other products besides you know big brands slamming other companys in their ads

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kre alkalyn didnt work for me, i wanna try it again but creapure has worked the best for me.

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
I've tried both and never noticed a difference...maybe it has to do with me normally taking it on an empty stomach.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established

~Team APPNUT
I got nothing from the caps.. I got the powdered form of KreAlk and HUGE difference..

I know plenty others who would agree with me..

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I got nothing from the caps.. I got the powdered form of KreAlk and HUGE difference..

I know plenty others who would agree with me..
So there are some others that agree with you...what's your point there? This is a purely subjective opinion and therefore there is no absolute answer.

Personally, I think KreAlk is bunk, but that is just my PERSONAL opinion. And one reason why I have that opinion...

Kre-alkalyn® supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates.

All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp. (Billings, MT, USA) claim that Kre-alkalyn® (KA) a "Buffered" creatine, is 100% stable in stomach acid and does not convert to creatinine. In contrast, they also claim that creatine monohydrate (CM) is highly pH labile with more than 90% of the creatine converting to the degradation product creatinine in stomach acids. To date, no independent or university laboratory has evaluated the stability of KA in stomach acids, assessed its possible conversion to creatinine, or made direct comparisons of acid stability with CM.

This study examined whether KA supplementation reduced the rate of creatine conversion to creatinine, relative to commercially available CM (Creapure™). Creatine products were analyzed by an independent commercial laboratory using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37º +/- 1ºC and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes and immediately analyzed by HPLC (UV) for creatine and creatinine.

In contrast to the claims of All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp., the rate of creatinine formation from CM was found to be less than 1% of the initial dose, demonstrating that CM is extremely stable under acidic conditions that replicate those of the stomach. This study also showed that KA supplementation actually resulted in 35% greater conversion of creatine to creatinine than CM. In conclusion the conversion of creatine to creatinine is not a limitation in the delivery of creatine from CM and KA is less stable than CM in the acid conditions of the stomach.

References:

Tallon MJ and Child R. Kre-alkalyn® supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates. University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom. [email protected]

Now, in regard to if powdered creatine or creatine caps work better (as long as the form of creatine is the same) there is no damn difference...your going to get the same effects...plain and simple. To state otherwise is a strong placebo effect derived opinion.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So there are some others that agree with you...what's your point there? This is a purely subjective opinion and therefore there is no absolute answer.

Personally, I think KreAlk is bunk, but that is just my PERSONAL opinion. And one reason why I have that opinion...

Kre-alkalyn® supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates.

All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp. (Billings, MT, USA) claim that Kre-alkalyn® (KA) a "Buffered" creatine, is 100% stable in stomach acid and does not convert to creatinine. In contrast, they also claim that creatine monohydrate (CM) is highly pH labile with more than 90% of the creatine converting to the degradation product creatinine in stomach acids. To date, no independent or university laboratory has evaluated the stability of KA in stomach acids, assessed its possible conversion to creatinine, or made direct comparisons of acid stability with CM.

This study examined whether KA supplementation reduced the rate of creatine conversion to creatinine, relative to commercially available CM (Creapure™). Creatine products were analyzed by an independent commercial laboratory using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37º +/- 1ºC and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes and immediately analyzed by HPLC (UV) for creatine and creatinine.

In contrast to the claims of All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp., the rate of creatinine formation from CM was found to be less than 1% of the initial dose, demonstrating that CM is extremely stable under acidic conditions that replicate those of the stomach. This study also showed that KA supplementation actually resulted in 35% greater conversion of creatine to creatinine than CM. In conclusion the conversion of creatine to creatinine is not a limitation in the delivery of creatine from CM and KA is less stable than CM in the acid conditions of the stomach.

References:

Tallon MJ and Child R. Kre-alkalyn® supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates. University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom. [email protected]

Now, in regard to if powdered creatine or creatine caps work better (as long as the form of creatine is the same) there is no damn difference...your going to get the same effects...plain and simple. To state otherwise is a strong placebo effect derived opinion.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

I read in a couple articles that capped creatine wont be fully absorbed ot absorbed at all..

I will try to find the articles..

MrDeadlift

Awards
Honestly the only time I tried Kre-Alkalyn was using FAST TWITCH from Cytosport years ago. I loved the product overall (caffiene free version) as a pre-workout but not sure if I noticed a difference between Kre-Alkalyn and standard Creatine- since I know how creatine impacts my training. From my experience with different Creatine forms from different brands, I think they are pretty much the same, depending on the product and formula (other ingredients mixed with it) results will vary though. I would stick with the basic and most studied form for now.

Good Luck :)

greekstallion

Awards
2 caps 1 hour before and 2 caps right after training.no training days 2 in the afternoon