For the guys who take finasteride. Convince me to

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
32 years old. Have had some thinning and receding of my hair. Started noticing it a few years back. Hasn't gotten much worse and if it stayed like it is now I honestly wouldn't be upset up it. Hence why I would like to try fin 1 mg a day. Already have it on hand but have not pulled the trigger yet due to worrying about sides and lower dht. I am on self prescribed trt by the way as well.

Few of my concerns.

1. Obviously the sexual and libido sides. I know a small percentage of people say they get it but still worries me.

2. Lowering dht even though you don't have sides can't be good. I just can't comprehend how lowering something like dht besides for your hair and prostate can be beneficial to you as a man. It's what gives us our aggression, our manliness, drive. Lowering it just makes obvious sense that it's not good.

3. Concerns about body and the gym. I've taken dht derivatives I'm the past such as masteron and such to give me that hard less watery look. So by lowering it isn't it gonna make me soft and hold more fat?

4. Fertility and semen. Known to lower sperm count and defects in sperm. You have to come off when conceiving. Currently have baby on way and want more in future so definitely a concern for me. Especially when guys say I got no sides but get ball ache the first week. How could that ever be good!?

Thanks for listening guys just want to hear everyone's thoughts. Thanks!

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
We're seeing a lot of these hair loss threads lately. There is really only 1 reason to consider using finasteride and that is the fact that it is proven to work. Having said that, I have never used finasteride myself so I cannot speak for the side effects, however I will be starting topical finasteride thanks to some of the posters on this board. I didn't even know it existed but supposedly it's effective with less sides so I figured why not?

I didn't know finasteride caused reduced speed count though. I wonder exactly why that is. Either way, topical is probably safer on the sides, or at least that's what the studies seem to show.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
We're seeing a lot of these hair loss threads lately. There is really only 1 reason to consider using finasteride and that is the fact that it is proven to work. Having said that, I have never used finasteride myself so I cannot speak for the side effects, however I will be starting topical finasteride thanks to some of the posters on this board. I didn't even know it existed but supposedly it's effective with less sides so I figured why not?

I didn't know finasteride caused reduced speed count though. I wonder exactly why that is. Either way, topical is probably safer on the sides, or at least that's what the studies seem to show.
Thanks man I'll look into the topical version. Heard it still gets in your system not just your scalp so sides are still noticeable. But yea the sperm and fertility scares me. There's a ton of articles and studies on it as well as birth defects in males if conceiving on fin. Almost every guy I talked to reported ball ache and thin watery semen and a decrease in volume.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks man I'll look into the topical version. Heard it still gets in your system not just your scalp so sides are still noticeable. But yea the sperm and fertility scares me. There's a ton of articles and studies on it as well as birth defects in males if conceiving on fin. Almost every guy I talked to reported ball ache and thin watery semen and a decrease in volume.
Yes it will but my understanding is that it doesn't really impact your DHT levels like oral finasteride. It's hard to find anything completely without side effects but from what I've seen, the topical version seems to have much less side effects.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Your asking people to convince you to make a life decision, you need to make that decision for yourself. I know there's lots of ppl who don't have issues with it and lots of ppl that do. Even if its only a 1% possibility of me getting ED long term from Post Finastride Syndrome is enough risk for me to say no thanks. I'd rather be 100% bald, no eyebrows or body hair then not be able to ****. I don't know the real % but Even if it's only 1% that still means 1 out of a 100 people and I don't like those odds when it comes to my dick.

If you wanna try it then go topical first. You already had a similar thread on this topic and everything was already covered in that thread, I don't think there's really anything else that can be said. Start saving for hair transplant surgery and problem solved, or do a trial run and shave your head bald and see how it looks. Most ppl actually don't look terrible bald, especially if yiur jacked and tan

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks man. Wife's 6 months pregnant with our first. Do want to have another kid soon too though.
Man....
You already received good advice, and Smont just gave it to you again.
Don't play with fire, brother.
(Or do. The choice is yours).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Let old smont tell you how having kids goes....

When you have a baby it's wonderful, your so excited and proud. You can't wait for them to start walking and talking.

Age 2-7 they adore you and you can finally run around and really have fun with them.

Age 8 to 12, Why did I want them to walk and talk, now I wish they would just sit down and shut up.

Age 13 to 16 (current for me) now they hate you, all the want is money and rides to go do things that cost more money and no1 says thank you. impatiently waiting For them to turn 18 so I can kick them out.

Children are wonderful

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Haha yea probably used wrong wording. Just wondering if worth the risk.
Again, only you can determine if its worth the risk. I know it's common practice to ask questions about this stuff for a piece of mind, but letting someone Persuade you or Deter you from a decision like this is a bad idea. Imagine saying, hey guys, I'm thinking about snoring meth, convince me weather or not I should do it lol.

Someone might think meth is really cool and put up a good argument, but....... you get the exaggerated point lol

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Let old smont tell you how having kids goes....

When you have a baby it's wonderful, your so excited and proud. You can't wait for them to start walking and talking.

Age 2-7 they adore you and you can finally run around and really have fun with them.

Age 8 to 12, Why did I want them to walk and talk, now I wish they would just sit down and shut up.

Age 13 to 16 (current for me) now they hate you, all the want is money and rides to go do things that cost more money and no1 says thank you. impatiently waiting For them to turn 18 so I can kick them out.

Children are wonderful
There it is. Do you really need any more convincing OP? Go ahead and take finasteride and hope it makes you sterile. If it doesn't work you can always get a vasectomy.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How creepy is this, I just started getting emails about how to regrow thick hair. The phone ai **** is scary

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
With so many people asking questions about hair loss prevention, liver values, high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc., it might be good to have a little subsection for "On Cycle Support." I know AM has a PCT section, so maybe they can be combined together or created separately. Just a thought.

ggilemonona

Awards
I’m hoping someone will post something here to convince to keep taking finasteride. I plan on getting consistent bloodwork every 2-3 months or so but I’m worried it may not jive well with the primo I’ve just started or whatever else I may try in the future. As of now I have never noticed any side effects except that as soon as I started it I had to stop drinking coffee. I would shake and have insane anxiety after anything more than a cup. That went on for the 4 years I’ve had it until just recently. When I have coffee I have less than a cup and I noticed I wasn’t having problems at all so I tried more and here we are 3 months later and I’ve had a cold brew everyday with no issues. I take 1mg a day