For Dr. D and others... increasing test levels

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You should give Triamcinolone a try too if you can. You might actually lose some water on that one, and the sense of well being is quite pronounced as well. Almost sedative.
I'll look into that and ask my doc.

You can use an anabolic with the Pred to correct for the nitrogen loss. Then you get the most of your corticoid therapy without the muscle loss. Here are some anti-catabolic conversions for some commonly available anabolics VS Prednisone:

10mg Anadrol corrects for 30mg Pred
25mg Dbol corrects for 60mg Pred
12mg Winstrol corrects 30mg Pred
I'm a little wary of orals right now. I'm taking some other stuff that is pretty hard on the liver, and most orals are not intestinally friendly to me, (although I think dbol would be fine if taken with food).

BUT, dbol is very anti-catabolic, and similar to tren, it will block glucocorticoids from doing their job, so again, I've got mixed feelings.

I was going to use test prop to balance this round of prednisone out, but it's more painful than I expected....

I think I might brew up my leftover 5aa cyp and mix it 50/50 with the prop to see if that helps. DHT derivitives seem to be very neutral with regard to the immune system, which is ideal for me.

Thanks for the tips.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BUT, dbol is very anti-catabolic, and similar to tren, it will block glucocorticoids from doing their job, so again, I've got mixed feelings.

Oh wow, I just discovered I was very wrong on a few things.

It turns out that GR binding has nothing to do with the antiinflamatory action of glucocorticoids:

Dissociation of transactivation from transrepression by a selective glucocorticoid receptor agonist leads to separation of therapeutic effects from side effects

Antiinflammatory Action of Glucocorticoids — New Mechanisms for Old Drugs

This means tren makes for an excellent therapuetic adjunct. :)

Dr.D -- If you catch this, thanks for the tips. If I hadn't taken the time to research alternatives to prednisone like triamcinolone, I never would have caught the above mentioned articles.

Oh, and next time, feel free to tell me I'm all mixed up and I better go re-read a thing or two. I'd hate to think a mixed up interpretation is accurate.

Hmmmm... Now how do I get my hands on some of that ZK 216348?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Oh wow, I just discovered I was very wrong on a few things.

Dr.D -- If you catch this, thanks for the tips. If I hadn't taken the time to research alternatives to prednisone like triamcinolone, I never would have caught the above mentioned articles.

Oh, and next time, feel free to tell me I'm all mixed up and I better go re-read a thing or two. I'd hate to think a mixed up interpretation is accurate.
Bro, don't even sweat it. You're on the right path and one day you'll find the answers. I'm only honored that I may have been able to help.

bpi

Awards
Plus, I think they missed the point with the fenugreek. It's not it's amino acid content that gives it sexual enhancing qualities. It's the sterol composition.
Dr. D, is it the protodioscin content of fenugreek that you are recommending and would this be the same as that found in Tribulis?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr. D, is it the protodioscin content of fenugreek that you are recommending and would this be the same as that found in Tribulis?
No, it's a little different. Protodioscin is a saponin present in Tribulus. Diosgenin is a closely related compound found it fenugreek that gives fen it's effects. Diosgenin is the aglycone of the saponin dioscin, so it's certainly more concentrated than protodioscin, but I am uncertain which has the highest intrinsic benifit. I am guessing fenugreek based on my experience. Why not stack fen and trib you ask? I guess you could, but I just use fen with DHEA. DHEA is the major metabolite of interest with protodioscin if I remember.

Xboom

Awards
Do you have any opinion on the NHA stack, or just DS activate in general?

i was looking at doing:

Activate
RXT
Fenugreek
ZMA

Opinions/comments?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Do you have any opinion on the NHA stack, or just DS activate in general?

i was looking at doing:

Activate
RXT
Fenugreek
ZMA

Opinions/comments?
It's a good product. The NHA stack is a sweet combo too, especially adding the ZMA and Fen.