First Post, Wanting To Become A Faster, Bigger Stronger Sprinter By Using Supplements

Jeffk1893

Awards
Hey guys,

My names Jeff, and this is my first post/thread. I stumbled upon this website after starting research on protein supplements in order to make me faster and stronger.

A Bit about myself to help you guys understand what i'm looking for......

I am a freshman in highschool, almost sixteen years old. Ive been running track and field since seventh grade. I've been doing really well; beating a few school records, placing well in our conference championship, and running with our varsity team. I never really realized how fast i was for my age until this year, which makes me really excited. I really want to work hard to become faster and quicker.

For current or fellow sprinters in here, here are some of my sprint stats from this season so far:

100 Meter Dash-11.2
200 Meter Dash- 24.0
55 Meter Dash- 6.7

With this in mind, i want to increase my muscle mainly in my legs, but my entire body also. I want to increase my fast twich muscle fiber amount. I figured by taking supplements, it will increase my muscle mass in my legs and body if i continue working out after track season which ends soon. I want to drop all of those times by next year pretty signifacantly.

My goal by my senior year is to qualify for IHSA (Illinois High School Athletics) State Competition. I'd have to get a 10.6 in the 100 Meter dash, which is my ultimate goal

I came across this thread on here, and gave me some pretty good information:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/79054-sprinter-supplements.html

My main questions

Here is a list of a few supplements people have refered to in the thread i provided the link for

beta alanine
RPM+Drive
RPM
BCAA Beta Alanine
Neovar
IGF-2

If anybody here (Sprinters especially) could describe to me what these supplements do for you (help recover, bulk up, ect), Give me advice on what i should take, and give me general advice about supplement taking, I'd gladly appreciate it. Im a complete begginer when it comes to supplements and stuff, and i'd really like to get into it.

Sorry for such the long post. I hope you guys will help me out:D

(If you'd like to know my body stats for a good idea what i should take, here they are)

5' 7"
145 lbs.

Jeff K.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
first your a freshman
second talk to you coach about getting faster, like stuff you can do at you home, dont talk to him about supps

look up jumpsoles or jumpusa dot com theyl make you really fast no joke

for 100 meters
start runnig up hills with weight on you back and concentrate on driving your knees and exploding up the hill and point your toes up

start hitting the squats real heavy and hard, try twice a week but go real heavy and make em reall intense go all the way down full squats man
do a serch on 20 rep squats they relly helpd me in the 200

start doing power cleans to help you become more explosive outa the blocks, really concentrate on your fourm and explode stright UP!

for the 200
since your gana start doing hills to help ith the first 100 meters, you have to work on the other 100

start doing stright legged dead lifts( be really carfull and ask for help if you dont think your doing it right) YOUR SPEED AND POWER ARE DIRECTLY PROportinal to your hamstring, if thers one muscel thats sprinters could work to make them faster thats it

CORE
wats the point of being really fast and not being able to control it
find a good core workout and make it work
'
thers a whole buch more i could say but you get the point
stive to be the best without supps, then when you are the best look into supps then take your game outa this world

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You ask about supplements. Clout, Drive, RPM. /list

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
BCAAs, Clout, RPM, Some nighttime bulk stuff or complex for increased GH production.

Cash

Awards
I wouldn't worry too much about supps, maybe some recomp. stuff so you are good to go each and every day on the track. But find yourself a good work out (plyametrics and resistance training would help a ton) and stretch! I have talked to a few coaches and they will say that stretching is one of the most important things to do, it will keep you flexible and increase your stride, increasing your stride can shave some nice time off. And dont forgot to work all 3 of your hamstring muscles! an inbalance in these muscles can hurt you in the future. I'd also say to focus with an olympic training style (fast explosive movements) this will help keep muscle mass down while building strength. After you have your workout in order then add some supplements, the one i have heard that is good for runners is this stuff called Poseidon. BCAA's and protein are always good for recomp. You can find it at Nutraplanet.com

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Added mass might slow you down, talk to your coach see what he thinks.

Thomas Tank

Thomas Tank

Awards
My friend Mr. Dream Weaver is correct, you arent looking for mass, you are looking for strength and stride. Therefore the supplements you should be taking have to be centered around endurance and strength. Stay away from any test boosters and or PH's. At your age it will hinder not help. That being said my choices are: Purple Wraath(for BCAA's and Beta Alanine) and Poseidon (Vitamin complex and great for hydration) keep it simple. Good luck my friendly friend

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the poseidon recommendations in here guys thanks for the support :)

As for the OP at your age i don't think you should really look into much. Maybe invest in a good speed trainer or something. Things like BCAA/EAA, creatine, and something like poseidon for the electrolytes would be all i would even think about.

As for gaining mass if its coming indirectly from your training i wouldn't worry as most sprinters are built just make sure your not adding unnecessary weight in the form of fat.

Welcome to the site and good luck with your goals!

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
how about cordygens5 and vo2 both by mst.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
first your a freshman
second talk to you coach about getting faster, like stuff you can do at you home, dont talk to him about supps

look up jumpsoles or jumpusa dot com theyl make you really fast no joke

for 100 meters
start runnig up hills with weight on you back and concentrate on driving your knees and exploding up the hill and point your toes up

start hitting the squats real heavy and hard, try twice a week but go real heavy and make em reall intense go all the way down full squats man
do a serch on 20 rep squats they relly helpd me in the 200

start doing power cleans to help you become more explosive outa the blocks, really concentrate on your fourm and explode stright UP!

for the 200
since your gana start doing hills to help ith the first 100 meters, you have to work on the other 100

start doing stright legged dead lifts( be really carfull and ask for help if you dont think your doing it right) YOUR SPEED AND POWER ARE DIRECTLY PROportinal to your hamstring, if thers one muscel thats sprinters could work to make them faster thats it

CORE
wats the point of being really fast and not being able to control it
find a good core workout and make it work
'
thers a whole buch more i could say but you get the point
stive to be the best without supps, then when you are the best look into supps then take your game outa this world
I could not agree more with this advice. Also, the Jumpsoles from JumpUSA are nothing short of amazing. I added 12 inches over 3 years to my vertical leap, which helped me get a track scholarship for the 400 meters and High Jump in college. BCAAS, beta-alanine, creatine would be a good base of supplements. However, at age 16, I knew nothing and used no supps.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know you asked about supps, but i say plyometrics i.e. 20" box jumps etc. interval training and hills man, hills

Jeffk1893

Awards
Dangg, lots of replies:D

Yeah, i do still have a good three years left of highschool, so i can see why i shouldnt be taking supplements.

Then I see that some people are suggesting Creatine and Beta Alanine. What would these do to improve my speed?
I definatley don't want to add mass, i just want to increase strength, speed, and quickness.

I'm currently working on my diet, stretching alot (I'm extremely unflexable), and working on my form. I figured outside of track season i'd be doing alot of short but fast workouts, in order to increase and strengthen my Fast Twitch muscle fibers. Any other advice? Any descriptions on how Creatine or Beta Alanine would do?

Overall, would it be a great idea to take them even if i'm so young? If not, then i'll stay away from it and rethink about it next season. All i want to do is increase my speed, and i figured these supplements would help, since they've been suggested numerous times

Thanks alot guys:D

Jeff K.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wish I could help more, but for me it's just hard to think of supplements that would really help with "speed" particularly the distances you run. Keep up the hard work bro.