First PCT experiences

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
This is my first real PCT cycle experience. I finished a 3-4wk mdrol cycle of 10/20/20 + 5 days at 10mg. started dosing tamox 11 days ago, going from 40 and tapering down to 10 over 4 weeks. currently at the 30mg dose. I researched the tamox I got, and I'm 99% sure it's legit.

So I've lowered my Calories from ~4500 to just above maintenance of about ~3400. My training remains the same.

So....

Yesterday was my lower body power day (layne peterson routine), and wow, I was missing on my squats!! My motivation just wasnt there, and I was pretty disinterested in doing anything. I was able to do 5x5 of back squats at 120/122.5/125/127.5/130kg on my last 2 weeks (during my mdrol taper and 1st week of PCT), but yesterday I missed the 5th rep at 125. As for my stiff-leg deads, I was doing the same weight, but yesterday I was feeling unmotivated and had no energy, so I only did 3 sets at 120/125/130kg.

My diet didn't change much compared to my entire time on PCT. The only change I mde during PCT was to stop taking stims (No-Explode-stopped mid-last week) and switched to taking just creatine mono at 5g pre-workout.

I also weighed myself and was surprised that I lost about 2kg. I know weight loss is to be expected, but 2 days ago I weighed in at 79.8kg、but yesterday was at 78.9. Might be water weight, but it a bit disheartening to me since I was missing my lefts.

Could be just an off-day for me. since I was still able to push the same numbers for my upper body power day on Monday.

I'm going to up the calories a little, and see how that goes. I miss being "on." LOL

duke66

duke66

Awards
  • Established
Expect weight loss post mdrol. Mdrol stores a lot of muscle glycogen and also disappears quickly once you stop.
Do not cut calories; eat like ya did on cycle or even more.
Now is the time you want to take stims and creatine and all the other motivational supps, not while you're on cycle.
good luck.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
M-Drol alone cycle, gains seem to go as fast as they come unless you seriously work your ass off, even then..... As mentioned don't cut calories, remember you've gained more muscles so your maintenance is going to be higher than before. Throw in another NO drink like Jacked pre-workout or something non stim based.

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Guess I'll up the calories again. I just couldn't fathom eating 4500 cal every day... felt like I was gaining more fat than anything else. But I'm a hard gainer, so meh.

I'll start with the no explode pre-workout again. I was doing fine last week though.

I don't think I should be eating that many carbs still though... should I keep the same macro intake? or shift towards less carb, more.. protein? fat?

thanks

dewing246

Awards
The macro intake will depend on body type/goals. While on mdrol you need alot of carbs, but since your not on it anymore you wont be using them as efficiently. But you do need to up the calories from pre-cycle because the new muscle mass needs more calories.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
I believe using something like glycobol or Need2Slin should be a staple in every PCT.