Fight prep/Cut cycle

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Did some submission wrestling today, just a impromtu session with all the fighters here, i felt pretty shitty, really weak, got tapped out a bunch of times, felt like quitting afterwards.. fucking with my ego.

Not feeling in a very good mood right now.. im sure it will pass

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Did some submission wrestling today, just a impromtu session with all the fighters here, i felt pretty shitty, really weak, got tapped out a bunch of times, felt like quitting afterwards.. fucking with my ego.

Not feeling in a very good mood right now.. im sure it will pass

Heh, funny, me too. We had open mat today, and went pretty hard at standup. We were rotating sparring partners, and just about everyone got good shots in on me. Got a huge bruise on my nose that I'm hoping won't spread to both eyes! Had my bell rung by hooks several times too. It was really discouraging, I thought my standup had come along more than that. Sucks, but I'm sure everyone has days like this. Just spend a few minutes reflecting on what gave you problems, so you can overcome it next time, then relax, kick back and get your mind off of it for the weekend. ;)

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Heh, funny, me too. We had open mat today, and went pretty hard at standup. We were rotating sparring partners, and just about everyone got good shots in on me. Got a huge bruise on my nose that I'm hoping won't spread to both eyes! Had my bell rung by hooks several times too. It was really discouraging, I thought my standup had come along more than that. Sucks, but I'm sure everyone has days like this. Just spend a few minutes reflecting on what gave you problems, so you can overcome it next time, then relax, kick back and get your mind off of it for the weekend. ;)
Yeah that is so true man, although i spent more than a few minutes reflecting on it, i had to get over the wanting to feel sorry for myself before i could be proactive about it.

Thats funny, i have great standup and thought my ground game had come along more than how bad i got whupped today.
The worst was when my buddy kevin tapped me 3 times in a row with the same crucifix crank in less than 2 minutes.. that was harsh.. when i finally got my head straight i took his advice to heart and realized that it will make me better if i just chilled.

Anyways, hope you didnt get messed up too bad :D i hate having to goto work with a black eye.

Time for bed, im dead tired.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LOL, the bruises don't bother me, but people at work (ad agency( ask me why the hell I do it when they see them. I tell them I just can't stop, it's too much fun, and nothing makes me feel so alive. I know I'll never compete - I'm too old and too busy with kids and work - I'm just there for the game. :)
When's your fight? What org is it under?

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Fight is supposed to be early june, the organization is continental fighting championships, but they have been incomunicaddo for a number of weeks now so im not sure what the heck is going on.

May 28th is a submission wrestling tourney that i will be going to, so bar everything else falls through there is still that to train for.

Nothing makes you feel more alive than getting choked out or punched in the face eh? :D

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok so last night i went to a freinds BBQ, i drank a 6 pack of light beer and ate a couple steaks, then ate a bunch of junk food and some non light beer, and then i ate some more junk food, and drank some more beer.... badness

Woke up this morning feeling like ass and weighing 5lbs more, trained at 12.. was not much fun cause joe was working basic side mount positions and it feels like he weighs 300lbs... just about passed out when he had his knee on my throat.

back on the diet. still waiting for pins to get here.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok weighed in at 215 again today, did my first day of a 12 rep HST cycle.. it went very well although i felt weak and depleted.

Ok so the fight promoter finally got back to me, hopefully things work out for the fight on june 11, training is going pretty well, diet going well, just started seeing a sexy woman..
life is good.

shoulder is feeling good, nothing bad happening really.
will update

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So last night i had to work a new job (sous chef at a golf resort) which was a 45 min drive each way, anyways i went like 5 hours without eating anything but snacking on **** food. Then stopped for a couple burgers at my other job (no mayo or cheese) and a couple beers, then went over to my womans place and had soem wine and cardio then had a protein shake before bed.. all in all not very good day.

Woke up this morning to the cardio class, popped an EC, then had a protein/carb shake and did the wrestling class, then had another protein/carb shake.

Man training with 2 UFC fighters is making me way better... im so stoked for my wrestling tourney coming up, i think im gonna choke a bitch out :D

anyways im gonna eat then go run some errands, then i have to work tonight then go out with some freinds, then hopefully some more night cardio :D

ya know its funny, every time i start a log on here (my third) i end up meeting a chick halfway through.. weird

jsutter55

Awards
ya know its funny, every time i start a log on here (my third) i end up meeting a chick halfway through.. weird
Brace yourselves for the influx of new logs ... :lol:

Cheers! :cheers:

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok so i drank too much last night and barely got any sleep, going to try and catch up now with at least 4-5 hours.

i feel like ****, night cardio last night was cut short due to woman having to work early..

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
weighing around 215 still, but probably closer to 213 or so

Training is going well, im gonna kick ass at the end of the month for sure, diet going well, i took a bit of last week off(not picture perfect, but still ok) due to female craziness.

still waiting on pins for the 7OH, they should have been here already, this is kinda pissing me off.
Im stoked this cissus stuff works so well, i have had no recurring pain in my shoulder anymore, im feeling stronger and faster overall, being injury free means i can train harder, got armbarred hard tonight and my arm was sore immediatly after but no pain after a few minutes.

life is good, just wish i could work less and train more

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 41: Morning weight 213

Got my pins today and took my first shot of 7OH, i only did 1ml.. It was my first time injecting anything into my body.. took a couple tries to get the syringe to draw properly. Was painless.. injected into the left quad with the 1" 23g, went really smoothly, feels a tiny bit sore right now but nothing serious

Anyways im going to run it at 450mg per week to start, injecting EOD
Did the morning cardio class, god it sucks. then submission wrestling. Diet is on, training feels good, i feel strong even on lower cals and all that.

I have had a bunch of different people notice that i have lost weight wihtout me even saying anything, im liking it, and im stoked to see how i like the 7OH

So anyways, that is 10lbs in a month.. not damn bad assuming is mostly fat.
Im going to take measurments tommorow so i can better gauge how the LX affects me.

till later

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So anyways, that is 10lbs in a month.. not damn bad assuming is mostly fat.
Damn, that's pretty good considering you're keeping your strength up. I'd think that as hard as you're training, you're pumping out cortisol, especially during those long sub wrestling sessions, so the 7-OH should help. The cissus sounds great as far as joint pain, are you noticing any pump from it?

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Totally, i get a great pump from the cissus I also feel that is it helping me keep my strength and endurance up.

Woke up today and did a takedown/ground'n'pound class, told myself i was going to take the day off but it looked like fun!

took measurments, abdomen is down a full inch, and chest is up a little bit.. dont know why, but im liking it!

Inject again tommorow.. oh yeah my quad got a little bit sore last night, but felt better after i massaged it for a bit.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok my fight is on!!! im fighting some guy with a 1-1 record but i hear his gym is a joke so i should be able to sub him out no prob. im pretty stoked, that means the training goes into high gear now, im not gonna **** around and just going to go with 600mg per week of 7OH.

gotta run

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok so i kinda took the weekend off, i got trashed saturday night, then ate a bunch of crap sunday night at a friends Bday party.

Starting today there is no more days off (diet wise) i have lowered my carb count a bit as well.

I can really feel the 7OH calming me down, i feel so much less stressed than when i started. Also my appetite has been reduced a great deal as well.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok, took a quick measurement and the abdomen tape measure is down 1/2"
waist is the same, and honestly i dont know how much i have to lose on my waist, i have a very thick truck. lots of core muscle there, not much fat.

took time off work to train for fight, new schedule is as follows

M: 11:00 - conditioning - 45mins
12:00 sub wrestling - 1.5 hours
7:00 sub wrestling - 1.5 hours
T: 11:00 15mins bag work - 30 mins running
12:00 - MMA class
5:30 - takedown class
7:00 - boxing class
W (repeat monday)
T(repeat tuesday xcept thai boxing and sparring for last 2 classes)
F(repeat monday)
S 12:00ish sparring
S rest

its pretty intense, i hope i live through it. If i wasent on stuff like 7OH and cissus id probaly end looking like a starving ethiopian.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Holy ****, man, isn't that around 20 hours of training a week or so?!? Fcking hardcore - on one hand I envy you for being able to take that much time for training, but on the other hand...damn that sounds hard! Wrestling/takedown really taxes my CNS, kicks my ass. So how close are you to making your weight? Make sure you get exta cals for that new schedule, you're gonna need it! :)

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah i felt like hell today after yesterdays takedown class, holy crap i felt like falling asleep during wreslting today, that being said i feel like a tank even when im tired, it is forcing my technique to be really good, and it is GETTING really good.

Yeah im taking tonights class off because my shoulder was killing me after todays class, it feels like the cissus cant keep up with the abuse im doing to my body haha

doing another shot of 7OH today, left glute this time.

I made a bad mistake last night and promised to be DD for some freinds last night and got to bed late and didnt eat well enough last night, thats probably why i felt so crappy this morning, i need to eat more!

so glad i dont have to work for the next little bit

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok i have been overtraining myself.. have had to take some classes off, and will be taking this weekend off,
not much to report, i have felt really bad lately.. tired all the time.. so i put the diet on hold and started to eat more food, i will continue to take this weekend off and hopefully go hard starting monday,
As of monday i will have 2 more weeks of hard training, then 1 week of light training leading up to the fight, then i go and kick ass.

im out, have a good weekend all

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ah what a good weekend, i feel much better today after chilling and partying all weekend. Didint gain any weight even though i wasent really watching what i ate.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I may be fighting for the ICAF lightheavyweight championship title.. sweet!

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I may be fighting for the ICAF lightheavyweight championship title.. sweet!
Kick ass, hope that pans out for you. You'll have to weigh in under 205 for that, right? Are you liking the 7-OH?

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah i will have to be at 205.

7OH is working nicely, i am noticing that i am way more sore than normal, one of the side effects. I also am way less stressed, and less catabolic.. appetite reduced. this **** is the ****.

2 weeks until i fight.. The real training starts next week

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I fight in 9 days, next week i will only be doing light pad work and running
no more sparring or any intense cardio.. i feel like i have peaked.. my timing is good
my instincts are on, im ready to fight!
Weighing in around 209-210 every morning depending on what i ate the night before..
i moved out of the gym so my diet has been a little touch and go the last few days.

i look good, except for all the loose skin around my stomach.. but i cant do much about that

still keeping on the 7OH and cissus

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good deal, your weight's on target, should be cake to drop 5 lbs. of water for weigh-in. Sounds like you've got a good PMA too, time to relax and recup for the next week. Will there be video of the fight? Pics? It would be cool to have those to post up, as it seems we're getting quite a little MMA thing going on here at AM. ;)

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah i will see if my teammates can get pics during the fight, there will be an official dvd coming out after the fights i think

Some news, turns out i have to weigh in the same day i fight, that sucks ass.
regardless, i will just carb deplete and cut water if i have too, i really hope that this does not affect my ability to fight.

1 last session of sparring today with some former fighters, going to go 6 5 minute rounds just for fun. Then on monday and wednesday i run, and tuesday i do padwork and bagwork.

Cant wait for this to be over with so i can take a break and start lifting again.

later

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok i forgot to aspirate and when i pulled the needle out blood started pouring out of the hole, and then i rememberd that i forgot to aspirate, and thought i was about to die.. holy **** i was scared.

Went for a run today and did some yoga, probably same thing tommorow
using a different scale now so not sure what my weight is, but i will measure myself tommorow

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I leave tommorow, i fight saturday night.. wish me luck

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Man, sucks that you have to weigh in the same day. Hopefully you'll have enough time to get rehydrated/carb up after you weigh in. Good luck, kick some ass!

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Got to weigh in the night before, was perfect weight.. had lots of time to recover.

Get to the rules meeting on saturday and find out the scumbag promoter changed my fight to 5 5 minute rounds instead of 3 5 minute rounds. For an amateurs first fight, that is totally absurd.

Anyways, the guy i fought was pretty big, pretty tough, crazy huge red beard..
I came out agressive and fought for 5 rounds, at one point i knocked him out with a big right hand, but the ref didnt step in, so i got on him and started punching and basically woke him up and he clinched and stalled till he got his composure back.

In the end, i gassed out in the fifth round and he ended up mounted on me, i defended his strikes but he jammed hte point of his elbow into my trachea (illegal) and i freaked out and tapped, id rather tap than die of a collapsed throat.
so i lost

I had knocked him out and was winning on the cards 3-1 to lose by an illegal move.

oh well it just makes me want to smash the next guy i fight even more.
I took a beating in this one, ill attach a pic, the other guy got beat just as bad, if not worse.

Attachments

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damn, well first off - good job! - sounds like you had the fight won, and went the 5 rounds. Just stepping in the ring is something to be proud of. That sucks that he won that way, but it happens a lot. Some refs just don't catch things, and some guys will do anything... like you said better to tap in that situation - hell, my trachea is screwed up from being guillotined too much in training, sometimes it catches when I swallow - not something to take a chance on! Good battle wounds too - looks like a car crash! Was this your first fight? If not, how many have you had?

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah it was my first fight, no one could believe it. My cornerman has had 7 fights and he said i have spent more time in the ring than he has hahah

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well ****, you did great for your first fight! How was it compared to hard sparring? I guess it was intense going full speed, full force, huh? I've never competed, and probably won't - I just don't have the time to train enough to keep myself from just getting trashed in the ring. Next weekend I'll get to see my coach and a couple of guys I train with fight at a little nhb event at a local bar.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well the mindset is different from hard sparring, it was the first time i have ever actually tried to KO anyone, ususally i am very carefull hitting my sparring partners. Cardio wise, it was very draining, the knees to the body really took a toll on me, going into the fourth and fifth rounds my legs were very very shaky. But it was funny as soon as the bell went at the beginning of each round, i forgot how tired i was and did my best to end the fight every chance i got.

Im probably going to do a submission tournament in a couple weeks, it will be a nice break and i wont get hit in the face :D. I hope your teammates do well in their competition, its the most intense sport on the face of this earth, hands down!