fibromyalgia

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I would do a raw organic juice fast for a couple weeks and try some other detox methods
I forgot to mention - part way through I did a thorough detox of the colon and the rest of the body. I used the herbal program called Colonix for a full month and every saturday did a vegetable juice fast. This combined with the above helped a lot.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I forgot to mention - part way through I did a thorough detox of the colon and the rest of the body. I used the herbal program called Colonix for a full month and every saturday did a vegetable juice fast. This combined with the above helped a lot.
It really should be a life style change. No more harsh chemical soaps shampoos detergents dryer sheets lotions etc etc. Most conventional cosmetic products are full of toxins.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Def just gotta do whatever has to be done. I spent most my day making up food for us for the next few days, looking up info so we can both do a detox, we've had a very paleo day of chicken and fish and lots of fruits and greens

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Def just gotta do whatever has to be done. I spent most my day making up food for us for the next few days, looking up info so we can both do a detox, we've had a very paleo day of chicken and fish and lots of fruits and greens
Excellent man best to both of you!

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Four days of paleo... Four days of absolutely no breads, fried or frozen foods. We both feel awesome... But I must confess I won't say no to rolls at Christmas dinner

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Four days of paleo... Four days of absolutely no breads, fried or frozen foods. We both feel awesome... But I must confess I won't say no to rolls at Christmas dinner
I'm getting ready to try Paleo for athletes out for a while I think... Its basically how I eat now anyways lol!

Just wanted to update you that I read a recent study on glutamine helping with Fibromyalgia. If you read up a little on glutamine its a pretty kick ass supplement.

Just bulk glutamine :) keep us updated I'm hoping the best for your situation.

- Valdez

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
I know its been forever, but my wife got put on cymbalta, weve kept our diets tight, shes lot a few pounds and feels better than she has in a long long time. Shes taking magnesium, coq10, creatine, fish oil, 5htp, womens multis, and a lot of good nutrition. I also had her take reduce xt for a while and she really enjoywd that, now she's taking very low doses of fat smack cus it came with my condense and shes really doing great on that! Plus we finally have warm weather again (stupid Indiana) so the grill is back full force! Thanks for the support guys! It helped me get a game plan goin for her, most days she's feeling great!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I know its been forever, but my wife got put on cymbalta, weve kept our diets tight, shes lot a few pounds and feels better than she has in a long long time. Shes taking magnesium, coq10, creatine, fish oil, 5htp, womens multis, and a lot of good nutrition. I also had her take reduce xt for a while and she really enjoywd that, now she's taking very low doses of fat smack cus it came with my condense and shes really doing great on that! Plus we finally have warm weather again (stupid Indiana) so the grill is back full force! Thanks for the support guys! It helped me get a game plan goin for her, most days she's feeling great!
I am going to extract you for your enthusiasm and make the next great stim :D

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has she tried klonopin?I do not know the science behind it,but it is the single most effective medication for people with CFS/Fibromyalgia.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Has she tried klonopin?I do not know the science behind it,but it is the single most effective medication for people with CFS/Fibromyalgia.
They had her try lyria first and she had terrible side effects, cymbalta seems to do the trick and it also replaces her anti depression meds. Shes been on it a couple months now along with all the other supps I've had her trying, especially the magnesium (and mcc), shes felt better than she has in years!

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They had her try lyria first and she had terrible side effects, cymbalta seems to do the trick and it also replaces her anti depression meds. Shes been on it a couple months now along with all the other supps I've had her trying, especially the magnesium (and mcc), shes felt better than she has in years!
That is great news!Fibromyalgia is very hard to treat and it is good when a sufferer can find something that works for them.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
That is great news!Fibromyalgia is very hard to treat and it is good when a sufferer can find something that works for them.
It's been a bad few years, things are looking up! Its a life long change but I'll do my best to make sure she's kicking its ass!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did she ever do a hardcore detox? glutathione might be something to add too.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Did she ever do a hardcore detox? glutathione might be something to add too.
Yes she did, I agrre with what you suggested she def needed it! I've spent a lot of time researching how messed up our nutrients have become here in 'merica, its shocking how little things like iodine we get in what people consider a normal diet, and how screwed up our thyroids and adrenal glands are because of the crap we eat. Diet and nutrition is more exhausting than lifting! I'll look into glutathione for sure!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear of her good progress! With my wife's ulcerative colitis, I always kept the mindset that if I kept learning..something better might be around the next corner in terms of treatment or even a cure. We never got that far, but we did reduce the symptoms considerably.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
It's been a long ass time but if anyone cares to know, wife was on 60 mg cymbalta for the last year or so with good results, we decided late last year that was time to work on make a baby, then the doctor told us about possible birth defects they are finding new so she's now trying to taper off and not going well at all. They wanted her on 120mg doses but there's like no insurance that'll pay for that kinda dosage so cold only do 60, we have had extremely clean diets and have done multiple detoxes, also been running green mag, 3g fish oil, coq10, lclt, 5htp, b complex, and a little additional magnesium and even though she needed a much higher dosage of her medicine this has kept symptoms (especially the restless leg syndrome) very manageable up to this point . also found out last month she has developed pcos(her sisters have it too so they've given get ultrasounds every couple years) so they started her on metformin and pre natal vitamins and I got her on 5 grams inositol a day and its helping a lot, hers isn't past the point of being treatable thankfully. So just posting in case anyone ever needs a little help with this like I did! We eat mostly lean meat and veggies every meal, no soda, very few sweets, carbs come from fruits and whole grains like Ezekiel toast for bfast(though this winter is driving me crazy, it's been way to cold out for too long this year in Indiana, **** needs to warm up so I can start grilling again! )