Fenugreek

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you can't argue about how to spend someone elses money!

when you throw a product out there for $85, you know you're limiting your customer base to people that either make enough money, or that have certain priorities! (ei: I'll change my spending habits once I have a family to support)

but, I find it rude to call a guy a cheap bastard because he doesn't want to(or can't) spend the $ for an expensive product!!!
Excuse me good sir?
I would not consider 55$ for a fadogia/testofen product, dosed over that of testopro and phytotest and titanium to be overpriced. I am on it right now and it may be a staple up there with creatine.. 85$ overpriced? **** ya, but if you wait for it to get back in stock and have a 55$ price tag, it is priced nicely..
T-force and titanium together cost over 70$.. HCGenerate costs 55$ and is more effective than DAA and 850mg of testofen..

Sorry, I may be rude, but I call em like I see em..

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Yea, feedback is my main concern, but with me factoring in price, whereas someone with a higher budget or no concern for price will easily buy the product, I hesitate and look for alternatives.
I also never said there was negative feedback, I actually said based on the feedback I've read that I can see why the company charges the higher price.
(hat tip, turns around twirling umbrella... slowly walks away fading into the night horizon of pavement and buildings)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Excuse me good sir?
I would not consider 55$ for a fadogia/testofen product, dosed over that of testopro and phytotest and titanium to be overpriced. I am on it right now and it may be a staple up there with creatine.. 85$ overpriced? **** ya, but if you wait for it to get back in stock and have a 55$ price tag, it is priced nicely..
T-force and titanium together cost over 70$.. HCGenerate costs 55$ and is more effective than DAA and 850mg of testofen..

Sorry, I may be rude, but I call em like I see em..
DOH, I thought I had successfully used my charm and calculated candor to squash this. C'mon guys... we're all mammals! (quote the movie?)

Can't we all just get alo..... no wait, agree with me? Haha! :)

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I cannot get along with utterly stupid decisions.. 70$ vs 55$... Hmmmm... Nothing against anyone here, just you arent saving any money when you buy two supplements that arent even as good as one for a lot more mula..

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Well tforce is a bogo at 33.99, and titanium 27.99. so that does equal about 70 after shipping, but you get alot more product i think due to the bogo.

As far as your quote Outstanding.. Ice Age?

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well tforce is a bogo at 33.99, and titanium 27.99. so that does equal about 70 after shipping, but you get alot more product i think due to the bogo.

Didnt know it was BOGO..
But fadogia is much much better than DAA..
Trust me!

Not that I am not supporting DAA; have TCF-1 in my drawer right now, but it is just OK.. Unless your a male with naturally low test, then it can be more than just OK... And you are also recommended to use an AI with DAA.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
I might be missin something, what has daa in it that im not seein lol? Or are you just sayin that fadogia is better than it.

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I might be missin something, what has daa in it that im not seein lol? Or are you just sayin that fadogia is better than it.
I am pretty sure Tforce is a DAA supplement.

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh wow, my bad! T-force is a fadogia supp LMAO.. Oops forgive me!
It looks really good and the BOGO is a steal.. But it is all in the extract, and how good is their extract??

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
This is the ingredients, I'm not sure if it interprets to something different, I thought it was fadogia.

Fadogia Agrestis PE (extracted to contain a full spectrum of alkaloids, saponins, anthraquinones and flavonoids.) 500mg **
ZMA Complex 250mg

Any clarification on if thats not actual Fadogia?

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
So what were saying is that the extracts can differ between companies? As in the quality of the extract may be different?

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So what were saying is that the extracts can differ between companies? As in the quality of the extract may be different?
Ya, extracts can be different, which is why tforce is so cheap.. But dont quote me.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established

CLOSE!!! It is a Dr. Seuss movie..........

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
indian grocer sells the seeds for cheap like, you'll smack yourself for ever buying the stuff in bottles cheap - indian word is methi - you can soak them and eat them as like a snack throughout the day.

If you can get over actually tasting the herbs you take, you can save yourself a ton of money buy just buying them in bulk and eating them/washing them down quick with water.

not only that, but you can take EPIC doses of the stuff and still not spend a lot. Which is the right and true way to take herbs.

general rule of thumb.

green1990

Awards
www uwmedicine org/services/obstetrics/documents/Fenugreek.pdf

Fenugreek is said to have an oxytocin effect, or contain it, or boost its levels I am not sure the mechanism but it have an effect that is oxytocinergic. Prolactin boosts milk production and oxytocin allows your glands to open up the ducts so milk comes out. So if you prolactin levels are fine then no leaky moobs.

"Oxytocin (OT) is traditionally thought of as a ‘female’ neurohypophysis hormone due to its role in parturition and milk ejection. However, OT is recognized as having endocrine and paracrine roles in male reproduction. At ejaculation, a burst of OT is released from the neurohypophysis into the systemic circulation and stimulates contractions of the reproductive tract aiding sperm release."

www ncbi.nlm.nih gov/pubmed/7632835

Oxytocin seems to boost testosterone independently of LH

"Oxytocin at 10(-9), 10(-7), and 10(-5) M concentrations significantly increased basal testosterone production in a dose-dependent manner but had no effect on LH-stimulated testosterone production"
Oxytocin increases testosterone production by dose dependent and alternative manner independent of luteinizing hormone?

"These data show that oxytocin and AVP have different effects on testosterone production by Leydig cells in vitro and support the hypothesis that oxytocin acts in the testis through a specific oxytocin receptor."

"Interestingly, OT has also been shown to modulate androgen levels in these tissues via stimulation of the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestostone (DHT) by 5α-reductase"

Oxytocin has a role in libido and altering levels of testosterone and DHT by possibly stimulating 5 alpha reductase. Could mean something for those who use finesteride

Like stated previously over time oxytocin stimulates T to DHT conversion but acutely stimulates the testicles to increase T and other Androgens

"in vivo long-term administration of OT to the adult rat testis resulted in a significant reduction of testicular and plasma testosterone (T) levels throughout the 4 week study period, the decline in testosterone concentrations was not accompanied by alterations in spermatogenesis or epididymal sperm counts. This study also demonstrated a concomitant increase in both plasma and testicular levels of dihydrotestostone (DHT) with OT treatment."

If I am right about fenugreek and its oxytocin effects it all makes sense now

I am posting this several places on this forum to help or start an in depth conversation about fenugreek,so I hope it won't be marked as spam