Feeling horrible on Andactrim (DHT) for Gynecomastia treatment

skinjob75

Awards
Hi All. I'm treating a recent growth of gyno, less than a year old. The gyno is primarily from elevated prolactin. I started using andactrim (started with half dose) a couple days ago and am not feeling well on it. In general I've lost motivation, got brain fog, fatigue, and my junk seems to be shrinking. The gyno is also more pronounced and more sensitive. I'm wondering if this is normal at first? The only positive seems to be improving scalp itch. I'm wondering if I should be running it alongside clomiphene or something else, if it's driving my test & estradiol too low. Or be planning for PCT? I've got a history of hypogonadism after taking a 5AR2 inhibitor.

2 days in and I'm already seriously thinking about stopping and opting for surgery or trying cabergoline, which I understand is longer term and less effective.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anactrim should be a topical you apply directly to the chest. That would be strange if you're getting systematic effects from it. It's basically just DHT.

skinjob75

Awards
Yeah, but I am. I was really sensitive to the 5AR inhibitor I took also. My understanding is the topical andactrim applied to the chest lowers T & E due to the feedback loop, and as a consequence 5AR.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
My understanding is the topical andactrim applied to the chest lowers T & E due to the feedback loop
Depending on how much DHT it is it will not to a significant amount which is probably why it is applied directly to the area of problems. Given a high dose it surely will. But the suppression is not that strong that you can sense the effects in as little as 2 days.

, and as a consequence 5AR.
Well, I'm not sure about the regulation of the 5AR. I would love to see a source of that information.
In any case. Even when less 5AR is released or active due to a lack of Estrogen and Testosteron there is still enough (or more than enough) DHT in case its causing the suppression, and reducing Test to DHT is the main function of the 5AR. So you should not notice any symptoms related to an 5AR inhibitor.
You are causing the exact opposite effect of an 5AR inhibitor.

That beeing said, using Ralox/Tamox would still be a better bet to get rid of Gyno IMHO.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I tried Andractim for a libido boost, and it made me feel terrible as well. The most noticeable side effects were painfully cold fingers and toes.

skinjob75

Awards
There are additional 5AR enzyme pathways, and I was following the logic pathway to infer that 5AR lowers when T & E lower, which is likely relevant to someone in a hypogonadal state like myself.

Regardless, I notice effects in less than an hour after of application, so it's doing something. Visually, the effects have been confirmed by a 3rd party, particularly in the deterioration of skin and my junk.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
There are additional 5AR enzyme pathways, and I was following the logic pathway to infer that 5AR lowers when T & E lower, which is likely relevant to someone in a hypogonadal state like myself.

Regardless, I notice effects in less than an hour after of application, so it's doing something. Visually, the effects have been confirmed by a 3rd party, particularly in the deterioration of skin and my junk.
Yup did that to me too, and killed my libido. Hormones are an incredibly delicate balance

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established

Not saying it does not have effects. But if the difference is there so fast it's just not because of suppression. It have to be something more direct related to DHT if you can sense it that fast.

I'm aware of the 5AR having more functions, but the main function and most important is the conversion of Test into DHT.

In the point of 5AR regulation I just don't know how its mainly regulated. So if you have a source of information there I would just like to read it. Thats all.
Because I too think it would somehow be logic if the substrate or product concentration would directly regulate its expression, but in many cases the pathway isn"t that simple. And "nothing in biology makes sense, except in the light of evolution."

justjake

Awards
bro i would just look into getting the surgery. I got it done and do not regret it at all! its is very expansive however

skinjob75

Awards
Haven't looked into the surgery, do they put you under narcosis for it, or is it easy and outpatient?