FDA Letter: BAN's second coming?

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Anybody have a feel for when another wave of actual legislation is likely to emerge? Certainly producers are throwing around the "last run of..." thing already, and someone mentioned that some supps have been already banned (under the blanket of what was previously legislated). Any truth to that??

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Negativity is right. Society at large does know anything about steroids other then "There bad for you" and "Cheaters and weasels use them." Society sees them as almost as bad as crack or coke. For example I have been to other boards (non-bber ones) like Socnet and some noob will ask about steroids or supps like SD and all the BTDT's will flame the hell ouit of them. "Steroids are evil and only cheaters take them", "You don't need anything but food to get the body you want..three squares aday" And calling anyone who uses any anabolic as a "Drug user" and a "Druggie".
Or you have stations, such as CNN, that ran an interview with some kid that supposedly killed himself from steroid depression. They said that steroids cause yellow teeth, bad breath, penile shrinkage, impotance, and a host of other crap. And then the father said that anyone who use these drugs -supps where cowards because they didn't want to work hard enough and took the shortcut.

So the neagtive public perception of these things is what is driving this FDA letter. The government wants the nation to see that their doing something for the perceived greater good.

Yep, and when negativity meets ignorance on a nation wide scale, it creates a pretty grim picture to wich only the learned are attuned.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Yep, and when negativity meets ignorance on a nation wide scale, it creates a pretty grim picture to wich only the learned are attuned.
Reminds me of the good ole days of the SS and Gestapo... Backed by mindless mobs of infuriated people...

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
i have a question for you all, do you think the reason for the active war on gear is largely due to baseballs steroid problems by the players and their publicity?
Overall I think Grunt got the best answer. You see, there's not much for politicians to do in the real world. There's mass legislation, but how many laws do we really need in the end? It should basically be illegal to murder, steal, rob, rape, burgle and defraud. Everything that should be illegal is a derrivative of those acts. But that doesn't leave much room for money making or grandstanding. Basically politicians create work for themselves by creating crime waves and then convincing people they need to be reelected to solve this new 'problem' which they largely invented. And keeping people scared of these buggaboos keeps their eyes largely off the fact that what all politicians do is take money from some people and give it to others. Keep them scared of the 'roids, of the weed, of the coke, of the fatty food, of the niggers, of The White Man, of spics, of everyone and almost everything. However, don't keep them scared of, don't even mention, the person or group of people that the politician is handing 50% of everyone else's annual productivity to.

And it works, because in the end most people are extremely dumb and will generally believe anything. Look at the bell curve. It makes you realize, half the population is below average intelligence, and all politicians need in a perfect demoncracy is 50% plus 1 of that population. And when they can gerrymander their districts and otherwise manipulate voting, even less than that.

It's about money and power. Everyone wants both, politicians promise them to some, deliver them to a few, and find some way to leave the rest with the illusion that they're better off. Say by 'protecting' them from a thing or group of people that wasn't even a threat to begin with. Like steroids and their users.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Anybody have a feel for when another wave of actual legislation is likely to emerge? Certainly producers are throwing around the "last run of..." thing already, and someone mentioned that some supps have been already banned (under the blanket of what was previously legislated). Any truth to that??
It's a little more complicated than that but yes, Superdrol and M1P are now illegal. The FDA took a different approach. rather than add more chemical names to the banned list, they essentially reversed the process by comparing the definition of a "supplement" to these products. In short, supplements are meant to supplement a defined nutritional need. If they are not doing this AND they exert an effect upon the body, then by definition they are "drugs" not "supplements" and illegal to sell and distribute without prior approval.

Using this approach, the FDA could in very short order remove any of this class of supplements from the market. This would/should spook a lot of companies because they would have to manufacture and get product out into the supply chain pretty darn quick or risk being caught with inventory that they are prohibited from selling.

I'm not sure if any of the companies appealed the administrative orders they received.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Are the others now becoming scarce (prostanozol, ergomax, etc) soon to be added or already under governmental fire (or is it simply the warnings issued to various companies that are prompting them to shut down production)??

(I don't know if that even made sense...) :think:

Kato

Awards
what we need is for someone famous to OD on herion or the yayo to take some pressure off supps and sauce!

shift the focus if you will

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Are the others now becoming scarce (prostanozol, ergomax, etc) soon to be added or already under governmental fire (or is it simply the warnings issued to various companies that are prompting them to shut down production)??

(I don't know if that even made sense...) :think:
The articles that came out when the Superdrol/M1P FDA letters were released said that more such letters were forthcoming but I haven't heard anything about any manufacturer or distributer receiving one.

MY OPINION FOLLOWS:

I think what's going on is a combination of things. Sup Manufacturers in this corner of the industry are (1) laying low hoping that the storm will pass; (2) shedding themselves of inventory so they don't take a financial hit if they do become the target of an FDA letter; (3) some moving out of this corner of the industry alltogether because (a) they don't want negative publicitity to impact sales of their more mainstream products and/or (b) they just don't want to run a business in such an uncertain environment.

I predict that we're going to see a bunch of front companies or fly-by-night companies springing up to offer products on limited runs in the hope that they can maximize profit while minimizing the chances of having inventory confiscated.

This will be good because some level of products will probably continue to be available. This will be bad because these companies won't depend upon their reputation and thus will probably have lousy quality control and efficacy.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
what we need is for someone famous to OD on herion or the yayo to take some pressure off supps and sauce!

shift the focus if you will
How about Michael Moore having a heart attack and dying because he's so fat?

That would turn attention to the real pressing health issue in this country AND get rid of that piece of **** to boot.

Everyone wins.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
This will be good because some level of products will probably continue to be available. This will be bad because these companies won't depend upon their reputation and thus will probably have lousy quality control and efficacy.
that's my biggest worry. The products will still be out there, but it will be much more of a grey/black market with tainted and underdosed products more common. In the end it might be better for people to cultivate a reliable source and just get regular AAS.