I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass
and im all out of bubblegum

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was already a blood-sucking parasite. All I needed was a briefcase.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
"We're the middle children of history.... no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." Fight Club

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
"We're the middle children of history.... no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." Fight Club
and what do you like about this line?

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
"Is the juice worth the squeeze?"-the girl next door

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Why does it matter? The thread is "Favorite movies quotes" My favorite quote could be "and then he" do I need a reason?? Is this the "favorite movie quote and why" thread?

I hate when people go out of their way to harass people on this board. There's always someone starting something for absolutely no reason.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Why does it matter? The thread is "Favorite movies quotes" My favorite quote could be "and then he" do I need a reason?? Is this the "favorite movie quote and why" thread?

I hate when people go out of their way to harass people on this board. There's always someone starting something for absolutely no reason.
i hate it when superheroes try to intervene because they think i want to maliciously e-attack someone. asked because those words sum up what most people avoid/do not believe. i wanted to know if he genuinely sees it. the meaning of those words is as close to a religion as i can get. and it would comfort me to know that he thinks the same way. just as it comforts those with faith to be with those who have faith (i.e., church). i am in the church of not-faith. and sometimes i feel i am there by myself. kapisce?

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
YouTube - Karate Kid

YouTube - PLATOON Part 1
that scene in "platoon" where charlie sheen, green as he can be, walks by to deploy out and crosses paths with a man who had been fighting. when their eyes meet, it's something i can't explain. it's like he's looking at a dead man walking. in his eyes, he could see the war. and it was frightening. i know it's just a movie, but i've seen that look before in real life. it's enough to make me get 'the shivers.'

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
You think this is me being sadistic,.. well this is me at my most masochistic.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Every beginning has an end.
Don't think you can do it ,.. know.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
i hate it when superheroes try to intervene because they think i want to maliciously e-attack someone. asked because those words sum up what most people avoid/do not believe. i wanted to know if he genuinely sees it. the meaning of those words is as close to a religion as i can get. and it would comfort me to know that he thinks the same way. just as it comforts those with faith to be with those who have faith (i.e., church). i am in the church of not-faith. and sometimes i feel i am there by myself. kapisce?
I'll own up to this one. The reason I responded so hot-headed was because at the time, I was in a fight with a girl. I let that anger spread to my posts (which is sad, and ridiculous) so I owe you my apologies. There was no need for me to stick my nose where it didn't belong.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
If you can find ***** cheaper than that,... **** itttt!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
That's what old people do, they go to sleep.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
hahahah.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5RqmoQtMfA"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
Youve got a fuking dart in your neck..(Said in slow motion voice)

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
(Bad Boys, 1983)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2gWfPiEA7o"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

****edit- wow, it kind of freezes up at about the 3:00 minute mark, but i like that. they should have done that in the flick.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Apocalypse Now

Kurtz:
I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us.

The horror... the horror...

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
"Kingdom Come"

Sis-in-law 1: "Are my kids being a bother, hun?"
Sis-in-law 2: "No baby, we locked them outside."

"When Harry Met Sally"

"When it comes to sex, women always need a reason. Men only need a place."

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
I did not realize how long it had been since I checked this thread.
Ilike this line because of what it speaks of. It refers to WWII which brought about the Greatest Generation. There were young men who were not old enought to drive by todays standards lying to get into the military to fight an enemy that literally wanted to take over teh world. They then came back and started industies and built their dreams. They had faced death and seen the worst in men and they were still able to look inside themselves and find the best they had and do the most with it. The Great Depression put everyone on the same level. People all across the country suffered the same and struggled to get by. Again, this great dispare forced people to think in new directions and take chances they otherwise may not have because they literally had nothing to loose.
Look at us now though. All these things we "cannot live without" are slowly killing us. I lived the biggest part of my life without a cell phone and now my wife freaks out if I forget to pick it up if I leave the house. Even this computer that I am typing on right now offers very little that we could not go find on our own but we are almost paralyzed without it. Because of cell phones we talk to our families all day so when we get home we have nothign to talk about face to face. We talk on forums to avatars and never really meet anyone. Even though there is communication there is very little connection. With all this access to everythign around the world we are more isolated because there is no reason to leave the house. There is nothing to really draw us together and create brotherhood.
That line, to me, says that our greatest struggle is with ourselves and our greatest let down is our quest to acquire more "stuff" so we can show we did something while we were here.

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
"ciggarets killed my father.... and raped my mother" Family Guy

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
You thought you smelled some good ol' pussy, and you brought your two little balls along for the ride. but there aint no pussy here. just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Bullet tooth tony, in snatch.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Frankie Fukcin Four fingers! He makes stupid bets with dangerous people.

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
"Two mistakes, never spend more than one bullet on one man, it's a waste, and second, always watch your back" Lee Van Cleef

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
Ohh one of my new favorites: "Walt Kowalski(Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino): I used to stack f***s likes you, five feet high in Korea, use ya for sand bags

MassBuilda123

Awards
Ohh one of my new favorites: "Walt Kowalski(Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino): I used to stack f***s likes you, five feet high in Korea, use ya for sand bags
great movie.. love clint eastwood.. great guy

MassBuilda123

Awards
"So many pretty parts and no pretty wholes"

from the movie called may.. it's rather odd but this girl is cute in a weird quirky way