Fats PRE WO?

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Whats everyones opinions on FAT PRE WO? I generally eat oats with whey, and some PB. Didnt know if it was a good idea or not. I kinda thought it would help slow digestion and help get me through my workout?

Simply put: Fats PRE WO, YES or NO?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
This is something I have always wanted to know as well..I had always read that eating fats PWO will decrease GH output during a workout thus lowering your ability to access energy stores...but IDK if that is true or not I have seen a lot of people use fats preworkout where I generally stick to carbs and protein

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it depends on the type of fats. As MCTs give you quick energy as they can be rapidly turned into energy.

As far as how much they blunt GH release I wouldn't know.

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
This is something I have always wanted to know as well..I had always read that eating fats PWO will decrease GH output during a workout thus lowering your ability to access energy stores...but IDK if that is true or not I have seen a lot of people use fats preworkout where I generally stick to carbs and protein

I have heard that, but idk either! Everyone has an opinion, I am just about sick of looking up nutrition related stuff!

O and for you sticking to carbs and protein, I do to, I just happen to add some fat....

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
i usually train fasted, but when i didnt it would be a mix of all protein carbs and fat,

if i were to do it over though id run just protein and MCTs pre workout. due to MCTs being short chain and oxidized faster then LCT thus leading to #1 greater ketone product, #2 being a better fuel source

if eating carbs, mct protien. MCT as your fats.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
depends on how you do it. Your pre workout meal should always have protein. That said if the meal is also high in carbs (40+) you would want a smaller amount of fat (less than 10). If its high in fat (25+) then get a small amount of carbs (less than 30). Or do moderate carbs (20-35) and moderate fat (10-20). So if your eating a half cup of oatmeal and 2 tbsp of peanut butter your fine, but if its a whole cup of oatmeal id only do 1 tbsp of peanut butter.

For me personally I prefer an slice of whole wheat bread, apple + 7 oz of top sirlon (35 carbs, 51 protein, 13 fat), red meat seems to make a profound difference for me

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
so general consensus thus far seems that peanut butter is ok for fat preworkout..I believe the main issue with GH output involved saturated fats preworkout...