ArA and fats in my diet... what can I eat?

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Allright guys, so... from what I understand, I have to limit my Omega 3 intake when taking ArA - on the other hand, if I go with Omega 6 rich stuff such as peanut butter, wouldn't it be overkill for my joints alongside ArA? Already feeling very sore and I've been taking it for less than a week.

I'd like to still eat some fats, my metabolism is pretty high atm and need cals!

Apart from that, I've got another important question: I just bought a gainer which contains carbs from peas and oats as a quick refill after workout - didn't notice though it also contains fats from flaxseed and MCT (12grams). Would taking this postwo null the effects of my ArA prewo?

Thanks for your time guys!

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Allright guys, so... from what I understand, I have to limit my Omega 3 intake when taking ArA - on the other hand, if I go with Omega 6 rich stuff such as peanut butter, wouldn't it be overkill for my joints alongside ArA? Already feeling very sore and I've been taking it for less than a week.

I'd like to still eat some fats, my metabolism is pretty high atm and need cals!

Apart from that, I've got another important question: I just bought a gainer which contains carbs from peas and oats as a quick refill after workout - didn't notice though it also contains fats from flaxseed and MCT (12grams). Would taking this postwo null the effects of my ArA prewo?

Thanks for your time guys!
You still need to eat fats and your macros should not change at all. You are not supposed to cut out fats from food while using ARA. It is recommended to limit your supplementation with Omega 3. A few ways to limit joint soreness is to either take a joint support supp, take ARA only on training days and not on rest days. Or use a 1g dose vs 1.5g.

You should also take a carnitine salt and something like letichin granules with each ARA dose. This ensures that the inflammation stays localized to the muscular system

The Arachidonic Acid Help Guide
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246394

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I'm already taking lecithine from Tr1umph and my dose is 1g workouts only.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It's unlikely you'll effect the ARA results from dietary omegas alone (assuming you're not eating fortified products, or a lot of fish)

Just avoid supplementing any IMO and you should be just fine. If you do have a particular dietary preference high in omega-3 then just shift that away from your lift if possible

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You still need to eat fats and your macros should not change at all. You are not supposed to cut out fats from food while using ARA. It is recommended to limit your supplementation with Omega 3. A few ways to limit joint soreness is to either take a joint support supp, take ARA only on training days and not on rest days. Or use a 1g dose vs 1.5g.

You should also take a carnitine salt and something like letichin granules with each ARA dose. This ensures that the inflammation stays localized to the muscular system

The Arachidonic Acid Help Guide
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246394
I need to refresh my memory and look at the ARA guide again. haha i'm running it right now. Taking x gels at 6 caps pwo on training days and really love the pump. I just haven't looked at the guide in awhile haha. I just started so i'm gunna throw in joint support xt this week.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^^^^good thinking brother! I always take a joint support when on ARA. SNS JOINT SUPPORT XT will definitely help during your ARA run, OP!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
In what extent is this true bro?
Take it as gospel ;)

But really, it is true. Carnitine or baby aspirin will direct more to COX 2 and not COX 1, and an emulsifier will aid in transportation.

Also, fats In the diet are not to be avoided or worried about unless you eat salmon daily. In that case, as driven said just, just be mindful of dosing times

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Take it as gospel ;)

But really, it is true. Carnitine or baby aspirin will direct more to COX 2 and not COX 1, and an emulsifier will aid in transportation.

Also, fats In the diet are not to be avoided or worried about unless you eat salmon daiky. In that case, as driven said just, just be mindful of dosing times
I am sold!! Thanks brother

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Take it as gospel ;)

Also, fats In the diet are not to be avoided or worried about unless you eat salmon daiky. In that case, as driven said just, just be mindful of dosing times
As most people will say, don't design your diet plan around your supplements, design your supplement plan around your diet plan. That being said, if you are eating a lot of Omega 3's, just try to eat them away from your ArA dose, although it's not a game breaker.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
As most people will say, don't design your diet plan around your supplements, design your supplement plan around your diet plan. That being said, if you are eating a lot of Omega 3's, just try to eat them away from your ArA dose, although it's not a game breaker.
☝️+1 on this one. Good mantra

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This. Always supplements around diet

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
As others have said, nothing you eat will significantly impact ArA negatively.

You'll be fine.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bro. I still run my fishoil. I just make sure to use at least 6 hours later. Just limit the fatty fish you eat as well. IF you have joint issues look at SNS cissus or Joint Support XT.

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
I'll be starting ArA next week and planning 3g Fish oil in the morning, and then ArA in the evening. Probably about 10 hours spaced apart, i dont see this being an issue with the effects ArA shoudl have.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'll be starting ArA next week and planning 3g Fish oil in the morning, and then ArA in the evening. Probably about 10 hours spaced apart, i dont see this being an issue with the effects ArA shoudl have.
With that much time between doses you should be fine.