dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
e.

Brasilians are just odd to say the least. Continuosly playing games. They don't really dump there partners for cheating either they get "revenge" as they call it meaning it just goes around in circles.....not that i ever cheated on her.
Sounds like the idea recipe for a healthy, successful nation and culture full of family values and trust/intimacy

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like the idea recipe for a healthy, successful nation and culture full of family values and trust/intimacy
Exactly. But they will only ever see it from there point of view. They can't get it through their heads that its a highschool type attitude to have. There are a lot of examples i could give about various things. Its why the country will always be a mess.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh sh!t, my bad. Ex-wife. lol. Still kinda jacked up.
Yeah, but not AS bad. They are usually exes for a reason.

Had me worried about your character there, for a second.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
OMG, my ex is half Brazilian and I tell you what boy, when she blows up...she BLOWS UP! Don't F' with that woman when she's mad.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
OMG, my ex is half Brazilian and I tell you what boy, when she blows up...she BLOWS UP! Don't F' with that woman when she's mad.
LOL oh so true. I've been there man don't you worry!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of jacked up, I had sex with this chick like right after my wife told me it was over. The first piece of ass besides my wife's in like 5 years. Anyway, we have sex right and we're laying in bed and low and behold I find out she's married! Not only that but he's in the Army...and he's in Iraq! She then proceeds to show me pictures. I was fvcking shocked, dumbfounded, and amazed all at once. Who in the hell does something like that? So I stayed the night and had sex with her again in the morning.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of jacked up, I had sex with this chick like right after my wife told me it was over. The first piece of ass besides my wife's in like 5 years. Anyway, we have sex right and we're laying in bed and low and behold I find out she's married! Not only that but he's in the Army...and he's in Iraq! She then proceeds to show me pictures. I was fvcking shocked, dumbfounded, and amazed all at once. Who in the hell does something like that? So I stayed the night and had sex with her again in the morning.
if badass were a crime you would be in prison for life :whip:

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Social networking? More like anti social networking. How many awesome people have you met on a social networking site compared to a real community (like AM forums, your gym, a club etc etc).

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Social networking? More like anti social networking. How many awesome people have you met on a social networking site compared to a real community (like AM forums, your gym, a club etc etc).

:wtf:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
eh i couldn't think of a catchy title....

I'm just curious as to know if i'm the only guy that has been given so much grief because of Facebook.

My now ex gf signed me up in the beginning. I thought it was kinda cool, got in contact with people that i hadn't spoken to in years. Unfortunately some of these people were females, and unfortunatly i had the most jealous gf you could imagine. At first i thought it was a joke, then i start getting txts say who is this girl, what does she mean by this, are u seeing her blah blah. My answer was always "she's a mate, get over it etc". Then its gets nasty. i see her page and there are a bunch of new guys almost on a daily basis. If i said anything on her wall it would be deleted straight away, no photos of me on there, always listed as single blah blah. Never liked people knowing she had a bf and not only that i discovered 3 months in she was married but my dumbass stayed around for the ride lol

Anyway i could go on and on about the sh1t i got from her about facebook but i'll leave it at that. Like i said, im just curious to know if i'm the only guy out there that has been accused of all sorts of things purely because of a "hey how are ya,long time no see" kind of post from someone i knew 10 years ago.

FYI - no matter how hot there are, never go out with a Brazilian. PSYCHOS!

Facebook/Myspace and all social networking sites are for the kidies. Oh yeah that and evil computer people who like to write viruses and malware!. Don't foget the child molesters either!. Those sites are all evil.

whatastud08

whatastud08

Awards
  • Established
Facebook ruined my previous relationship, hence I deleted mine.
Me too...when I found out how much juggling and "blocking" of certain things she was keeping from me. Like all the posts from her other boyfriend in Lousyiana.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I created a myspace account the day I broke up with my ex - it did the temporary job of making me feel like I had friends, lol. I rarely use it now except to stay in contact with people that don't have a facebook account, lol. I find it very messy and cluttered.

I like facebook though - it put me in touch with a lot of old friends that I never would have found out their contact info otherwise. It's also useful for updating a large group of friends on my acting activities - a very good time saver. This is what I've done - this is why I haven't been near a phone - these are the pics to prove it, lol. I can also see what some of my friends have been up to (usually movie related) without having to actually ask them, lol - saves me valuable time.
I use it more than email now.

Then again, I'm single, so little chance of me getting in crap, lol. Plus I guess my friends are more mature, and we use it primarily for networking and updating. Unlike myspace, I typically do NOT add people that I do not previously know. I'm not there to meet new people, just have more convenient access to the ones I like.

Besides, I hate the phone, lol. Plus I can facebook while at work, but phone convo's at work...well, everyone hears them... It's all about time management. ;)

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
I love both facebook and myspace. I use both on a regular basis

They are fantastic to both network and holla at some shawtys. Yes I just said holla at some shawtys.

Gixxers myspace btw is:

MySpace
When I first came to the U.S I thought "shawtys" was refering to those with "short knees" i.e slang for short people.

I.e I want to get with you "below average height" girl.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Having been in the Army for almost eight years(once upon a time), lemme say that this what typical Army wives are like. Its sad, but very true. BTW, I've done that same thing, except I turned the photo of the husband face down so he wouldn't stare at us from the night stand:lol: .

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some high-class morality in this thread.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
ouch.... men are mean to each other.
And women can be hella conniving. I've been through and seen so much in the past year and a half that I've lost a lot of trust in women period. That sucks for the ones that really are good.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
There used to be a woman that came into my gym that was Brazillian, and I was there the day she walked in on a day the gym was closing early. All I really caught was "****ING BULL****!" before she walked off to the cardio section. Everything before that was unintelligible yelling and hand gestures.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
There used to be a woman that came into my gym that was Brazillian, and I was there the day she walked in on a day the gym was closing early. All I really caught was "****ING BULL****!" before she walked off to the cardio section. Everything before that was unintelligible yelling and hand gestures.
It's in their blood brodiki. You have to know how to tame the beast. The main thing is to keep your cool when they blow up, because if you don't, they'll tear you a new one.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
It's in their blood brodiki. You have to know how to tame the beast. The main thing is to keep your cool when they blow up, because if you don't, they'll tear you a new one.
After a while what i found to be the best comeback was to not say a word and walk away.....then they had nothing to go on and it wound her up even more.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
My wife is brasilian but she isnt psychotic. Men in brasil treat women like **** so its no surprise that they can be very defensive in a relationship. Latinas in general are fiery which is why i prefer them. And the fact they are pretty straight forward.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
My wife is brasilian but she isnt psychotic. Men in brasil treat women like **** so its no surprise that they can be very defensive in a relationship. Latinas in general are fiery which is why i prefer them. And the fact they are pretty straight forward.
Most brasilian guys ive met have been pretty cool guys, pretty quiet as well. However the women are quite *****y towards each other......but ur right thats just how they are, but from what i've seen its the women treating the guys like suckers, constant cheating etc but using the same old excuse......"guys do it to us all the time"....crap excuse.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Some high-class morality in this thread.
I'll be the first to admit that I was pretty much a scumbag in my younger years. It takes a few doses of your own medicine before you realize that Karma is a *****. I wouldn't do 75% of the things that I did when I was 21 again, but I don't necessarily regret doing them. You have to make mistakes to learn from them.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't ever hook up with someone I knew was dating someone else, more or less if they were married. A long time ago I was at the other end of the fence and I have seen how greatly this affects people.

Hooking up with a soldier's wife is some cold shlt. That's all I can say.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't ever hook up with someone I knew was dating someone else, more or less if they were married. A long time ago I was at the other end of the fence and I have seen how greatly this affects people.

Hooking up with a soldier's wife is some cold shlt. That's all I can say.
I've been on both sides and its not pretty either way. I can laugh about it now, but there was a time in my life where I was affraid to go to the field for training. Its pretty sad when you can't trust a loved one to be faithful for two weeks at a time.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I've been on both sides and its not pretty either way. I can laugh about it now, but there was a time in my life where I was affraid to go to the field for training. Its pretty sad when you can't trust a loved one to be faithful for two weeks at a time.
if you have doubt like that about your partner, you will always have that doubt. It is difficult finding that one person who you know from the begginning won't fukc you over and screw your best mate.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
if you have doubt like that about your partner, you will always have that doubt. It is difficult finding that one person who you know from the begginning won't fukc you over and screw your best mate.
I don't have that problem anymore, but I haven't dated that type of woman in quite some time. I've been dating the same girl for almost two years and I feel as strong about her now as I did when we first started dating. I honestly can't say that about the relationships that I had when I partied alot.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I don't have that problem anymore, but I haven't dated that type of woman in quite some time. I've been dating the same girl for almost two years and I feel as strong about her now as I did when we first started dating. I honestly can't say that about the relationships that I had when I partied alot.
yeah and i can honestly say i had those doubts from the one i just got out of lol.........kept things interesting to say the least.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I don't like how humans have regressed into being so 'liberal' about relationships. People are constantly cheating on each other like it is a new fad, and the way society and the media portray relationships has greatly cheapened them for the worst.

For example, all the bullshlt that goes on those stupid MTV reality shows like Laguna Beach or The Hills. These are not necessarly accurate examples of real life per se, but at the same time there is still a lot of overlay between the 2.

At my fraternity back when I was in college, I saw a lot of guys hook up with a lot of girls who had boyfriends. There is a certain line that should not be crossed and it makes me wonder what goes on in the person's head when they are cheating with someone else. This of course is assuming both parties acknowledge what is going on and not one person lying about being single.

This has probably been one of the most important lessons I've learned about life up until now. This also makes me question and wonder about this whole 'soulmate' type thing as well. If people have this kind of attitude towards relationships where is the hope in the end ?

The divorce rate is teetering around 50%, meaning 50% of the people out there aren't doing something right. If you ever get around to see those people who are 65, old, and alone you'll realize that life does not guarantee your soulmate either.
I begin to question the whole 'soulmate/person your supposed to be, etc' a lot and if it is merely a fabrication of Hollywood (among other garbage they create).

Btw, I'm not being pessimestic, I'm being realistic.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
That would be hard. I can't imagine myself being in a relationship like that. My ex-gf went to school in a different city for 1 year and I trusted her 100% during that time. (She never cheated - not the reason she's an ex).

I dunno - I have trust issues. If I don't feel I can trust a girl 98% of the time, I'm not going to be in a committed relationship with them. There are a few trustworthy girls still out there. (Although, ahem, I'm not exactly looking for them at this moment, lol)

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't like how humans have regressed into being so 'liberal' about relationships. People are constantly cheating on each other like it is a new fad, and the way society and the media portray relationships has greatly cheapened them for the worst.
For example, all the bullshlt that goes on those stupid MTV reality shows like Laguna Beach or The Hills. These are not necessarly accurate examples of real life per se, but at the same time there is still a lot of overlay between the 2.

At my fraternity back when I was in college, I saw a lot of guys hook up with a lot of girls who had boyfriends. There is a certain line that should not be crossed and it makes me wonder what goes on in the person's head when they are cheating with someone else. This of course is assuming both parties acknowledge what is going on and not one person lying about being single.

This has probably been one of the most important lessons I've learned about life up until now. This also makes me question and wonder about this whole 'soulmate' type thing as well. If people have this kind of attitude towards relationships where is the hope in the end ?

The divorce rate is teetering around 50%, meaning 50% of the people out there aren't doing something right. If you ever get around to see those people who are 65, old, and alone you'll realize that life does not guarantee your soulmate either.
I begin to question the whole 'soulmate/person your supposed to be, etc' a lot and if it is merely a fabrication of Hollywood (among other garbage they create).

Btw, I'm not being pessimestic, I'm being realistic.

The "problem" here comes from YOUR view, of what a relationship SHOULD be.
You mention how fake it is on MTV and trhe like, but it's not fake, it just doesnt fit YOUR perception (based on of course your parents standards, media, and largely societies standards of what is considered "normal") of how they should be- Neither view is correct, they are different, nor are they wrong.
What it boils down to in the end are EXPECTATIONS.
..Should you even be EXPECTING that since someone is in a commited relationship that they wouldn't cheat?

Second, For a female, how much of the act of cheating is a cognitive one?,.. not much I'll t ell you. Yes, they KNOW they are, but just like you slept with her the first time and she told her friends "It just happened", means she was lead emotionally.

For a male, cheating doesn't carry the same weight, as in general, it is purely a physicial act, with NO emotional investment.

Conflict arrises, when you try to put "contractual" paramateres around a purely primitive emotional/ physiological responses.

THINK back when there were no marriges, You could do whoever, whenever, and jelousy was strictly to maintain breeding possibilities.
There was no expected loyalty. Biologically, men are designed to spread their seed basicly whenever, we have built in diversity needs as well (which can and have been tamed over the years to some degree).

Certin woman have greater degrees of primitive-like behaviour, where there reality is lead mostly on emotions, which, as you know, change ALLLLLLL the time :p
Thats how she can screw you, go to a party and screw this other guy that turns her on, and come back to you tell you she loves you, while whole hearted beleiving that, becasue at that time, she does..

Anyways, basicly, the only security is Attraction and Love, TOGETHER.
Meaning, if you turn into a whiny lil biotch, she will lose attraction. If you fail to lead her, she will leave, if there is just someone better, old with the old and in with the new.
This has NOTHING to do what the media portrays, or current standardrs. This is strictly primitive, and you find a WAY to do it within the social constructs.

I whole heartedly beleive, and has been my expirence, that this underlaying factor is completely true. All other factors, such as "being someone's boyfriend" or marrige only act as a DETERRANCE to this, delaying, possibly eliminating infedility in men and women.

Your best tool is screening, and having realistic or NO expectation from the other person.

When a woman is really into a guy, she will be TOTALLY faithfull, and she stays. This, of course, is dependant upon the GUY, how HE acts/does/leads/...

The rules of nature also allow this to happen when one man, has multipule women.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You mention how fake it is on MTV and trhe like, but it's not fake, it just doesnt fit YOUR perception (based on of course your parents standards, media, and largely societies standards of what is considered "normal") of how they should be- Neither view is correct, they are different, nor are they wrong.
..Should you even be EXPECTING that since someone is in a commited relationship that they wouldn't cheat?

Second, For a female, how much of the act of cheating is a cognitive one?,.. not much I'll t ell you. Yes, they KNOW they are, but just like you slept with her the first time and she told her friends "It just happened", means she was lead emotionally.

For a male, cheating doesn't carry the same weight, as in general, it is purely a physicial act, with NO emotional investment.

Conflict arrises, when you try to put "contractual" paramateres around a purely primitive emotional/ physiological responses.

THINK back when there were no marriges, You could do whoever, whenever, and jelousy was strictly to maintain breeding possibilities.
There was no expected loyalty. Biologically, men are designed to spread their seed basicly whenever, we have built in diversity needs as well (which can and have been tamed over the years to some degree).

Certin woman have greater degrees of primitive-like behaviour, where there reality is lead mostly on emotions, which, as you know, change ALLLLLLL the time :p
Thats how she can screw you, go to a party and screw this other guy that turns her on, and come back to you tell you she loves you, while whole hearted beleiving that, becasue at that time, she does..

Meaning, if you turn into a whiny lil biotch, she will lose attraction. If you fail to lead her, she will leave, if there is just someone better, old with the old and in with the new.
This has NOTHING to do what the media portrays, or current standardrs. This is strictly primitive, and you find a WAY to do it within the social constructs.

I whole heartedly beleive, and has been my expirence, that this underlaying factor is completely true. All other factors, such as "being someone's boyfriend" or marrige only act as a DETERRANCE to this, delaying, possibly eliminating infedility in men and women.

Your best tool is screening, and having realistic or NO expectation from the other person.

When a woman is really into a guy, she will be TOTALLY faithfull, and she stays. This, of course, is dependant upon the GUY, how HE acts/does/leads/...

The rules of nature also allow this to happen when one man, has multipule women.
I agree with this....if you are a slope-headed mongrel.

You know what else is emotional and biological? Stealing and killing/violence. The whole point of defining ourselves as "human" is to rise beyond those base instincts.

The problem, again, is with inconsistent/irrational thinking (see religion) and lying. There is no way you will ever convince me that someone (not under the influence of major drugs or psychosis) is not in control of their actions..therefore they CHOOSE to betray and lie and whore around. The biggest problem I have is when I am investing my time, money, emotion, etc into someone...with the VERY clearly spelled out condition that you do not so much as lay a freaking finger on another person.

Personally, I think cheating should be a crime (much like fraud), since it is essentially a con/theft.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

Wow, what the hell ? I'm not even sure what to say. That is very unfortunate that you hold us to those primative creatures that are representatives on the 'Geico' commercial. There is no problem in what my view of a relationship is supposed to be. Maybe I should re-word it calling it a 'committed relationship'.

Society has twisted the view of a comitted relationship completely upside down. The reference I made in my previous post is in comitted relationships. Your argument about primative instinct has a tad bit of relevance, but for the most part it does not.

Eating, hunger, desire, these are all human urges. This is no different from the desire to 'mate' and for example women, the need to be with lots of men. This is simply a human urge within itself that has been hardwired in our bodies since the beginning of time.

I would actually consider them more of just human urges that INTERFERE with relationships, but are not determinants of a conclusive relationship.

At the same time I have to ask, is it that unreasonable of an expectation of a woman to be faithful and stand by her man no matter what ? Evidently it is, and as time progresses it seems like it IS an unreasonable expectation which is very unfortunate. There is sacrifice that goes into every committed relationship, and either one or both parties call it quits when it gets hard. In another circumstance, the other person may 'cheat' due to some underlying problem (i.e. emotional, trust, whatever). This just normal human reaction that can either be controlled or not controlled.

I'm kinda irked by your analogy of primates. We have evolved to become more intellegent than the 'cavemen' and the rational itself has been developed. Blaming problems on 'primative instinct' is merely a lousy cop out.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
In addition, if you really want to compare apples to apples, it would be saying that it is ok to kill someone today because of 'hunting instincts'.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
There is no way you will ever convince me that someone (not under the influence of major drugs or psychosis) is not in control of their actions..therefore they CHOOSE to betray and lie and whore around. The biggest problem I have is when I am investing my time, money, emotion, etc into someone...with the VERY clearly spelled out condition that you do not so much as lay a freaking finger on another person.
Amen brother, couldn't have said it better myself.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree with this....if you are a slope-headed mongrel.

You know what else is emotional and biological? Stealing and killing/violence. The whole point of defining ourselves as "human" is to rise beyond those base instincts.

The problem, again, is with inconsistent/irrational thinking (see religion) and lying. There is no way you will ever convince me that someone (not under the influence of major drugs or psychosis) is not in control of their actions..therefore they CHOOSE to betray and lie and whore around. The biggest problem I have is when I am investing my time, money, emotion, etc into someone...with the VERY clearly spelled out condition that you do not so much as lay a freaking finger on another person.
Personally, I think cheating should be a crime (much like fraud), since it is essentially a con/theft.
I never said emotion was somethign that couldn't be controlled. I even wen't as far to say that some biological instincts/drives can be tamed.
My point was, YOU AND I, will derive more of our choices uppon logic, reason and risk/bennifit when it comes to cheating. A female will use emotion, as a base for decissions, and ya know when emotion gets the best of us and we beat someone's ass, or say something.... Those are moments for us,.. if we had the emotions of a woman , we would go insain I'm sure :p ..such beautifull things, yet so unpredictable.

Attraction is not a choice.
if a woman looses her attraction towards her man, and gains it for another person, she did not CHOOSE that. It's simply responsive.
She does make a decission to a degree to whore around with another guy, when she acts upon that FEELING of attraction.
But you can not fault her, for her loss of attraction in you, or her attraction towards another guy.

If a woman were to cheat on me, I would treat is as she broke a effin RULE... that she can not come back from. But

to have the EXPECTATION that it SHOULD BE one way or the other is pure romantisism.

(I was addressing multipule points in my previous post... )
And sure, killing, stealing,.. all emotion based. And I wouldn't say those urges have been erased.
You are also forgetting the concenquences.. both socially, and physically.

When was the last time, at least in the US that a woman was locked up for sleeping around??? (prostatution not included).
The deterrence for killing and theft is MUCH greater..

Back n the day though, a woman cheating, would have the guy throw her ass to the curb,.. which could result in the death of her and her offspring, simply due to starvation.
Not the case anymore

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I never said emotion was somethign that couldn't be controlled. I even wen't as far to say that some biological instincts/drives can be tamed.
My point was, YOU AND I, will derive more of our choices uppon logic, reason and risk/bennifit when it comes to cheating. A female will use emotion, as a base for decissions, and ya know when emotion gets the best of us and we beat someone's ass, or say something.... Those are moments for us,.. if we had the emotions of a woman , we would go insain I'm sure :p ..such beautifull things, yet so unpredictable.

if a woman looses her attraction towards her man, and gains it for another person, she did not CHOOSE that. It's simply responsive.
She does make a decission to a degree to whore around with another guy, when she acts upon that FEELING of attraction.
But you can not fault her, for her loss of attraction in you, or her attraction towards another guy.

If a woman were to cheat on me, I would treat is as she broke a effin RULE... that she can not come back from. But

to have the EXPECTATION that it SHOULD BE one way or the other is pure romantisism.

And sure, killing, stealing,.. all emotion based. And I wouldn't say those urges have been erased.

When was the last time, at least in the US that a woman was locked up for sleeping around??? (prostatution not included).

Back n the day though, a woman cheating, would have the guy throw her ass to the curb,.. which could result in the death of her and her offspring, simply due to starvation.
Not the case anymore

As women no longer take the role as a 'house wife' and are becoming more and more self-sufficient, I feel that this has had a correlation to the infidelity within relationships as well.

Sorta like a bltch saying to her man 'F.uck you, I can take care of myself.' Anyone agree ?

One of the things that has always been a mystery that I've wanted to know is why women have an attraction towards negative aspects from a man ? Women always say 'I date guys who treat me like shlt.' or when women always go after the guy who is a jerk vs. the guy who is nice.

Personally, I credit this due to a synergistic combination of: lack of rational+immaturity+stupidity

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow, what the hell ? I'm not even sure what to say. That is very unfortunate that you hold us to those primative creatures that are representatives on the 'Geico' commercial. There is no problem in what my view of a relationship is supposed to be. Maybe I should re-word it calling it a 'committed relationship'.

Society has twisted the view of a comitted relationship completely upside down. The reference I made in my previous post is in comitted relationships. Your argument about primative instinct has a tad bit of relevance, but for the most part it does not.

Eating, hunger, desire, these are all human urges. This is no different from the desire to 'mate' and for example women, the need to be with lots of men. This is simply a human urge within itself that has been hardwired in our bodies since the beginning of time.

I would actually consider them more of just human urges that INTERFERE with relationships, but are not determinants of a conclusive relationship.

At the same time I have to ask, is it that unreasonable of an expectation of a woman to be faithful and stand by her man no matter what ? Evidently it is, and as time progresses it seems like it IS an unreasonable expectation which is very unfortunate. There is sacrifice that goes into every committed relationship, and either one or both parties call it quits when it gets hard. In another circumstance, the other person may 'cheat' due to some underlying problem (i.e. emotional, trust, whatever). This just normal human reaction that can either be controlled or not controlled.

I'm kinda irked by your analogy of primates. We have evolved to become more intellegent than the 'cavemen' and the rational itself has been developed. Blaming problems on 'primative instinct' is merely a lousy cop out.

The first part I bolded, means ALL the difference.
When there is SHARRED wealfare, such as a house, kids, money, then you have a reasonable EXPECTATION for her to remain faithfull,.. although, it never is a guarentee against someone sleepin around.

I took the context of modern "relationships" out, leaving it to basicly human interactions (so no marriges, contracts or whatever)

Secondly, don't come off sounding dissapointed that I made people out to be people. We don't resemble cavemen. We (modern man) has 3 parts to our brains, as opposed to just one-ish (reptillian part, primitive responses, communicated into action via emotions). But we still have many of those primitive responses hardwired into our brains , as you so point out as well.
I don't see how you can dissagree ther eare primitive instincts at play, then say there are primitive instincts...

And Im not blaming anything on anything. I do not have anything to cop-out of.
I basicly set a stage when natural human needs/wants/instincs struggle against norms and expectations of society

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Not the case anymore

Wow thats a broad statement to make. Thats like me saying men can't be trusted because none of you have any emotion. So in the end you will ALL cheat on us! That you guys are so driven to be with the next best looking thing that you have no control over long term fidelity.

While I give my emotions in love, like anyone it might not work out. But if it does not then I end it with who I'm with. I don't go starry eyed off to the next guy with no control over my emotions. I know right from wrong.

I actually have a very good set of morals and don't believe in cheating at all. I do however believe in moving on and leaving on the best note possible if things change.