Everything MLB 2012, Come On In!!!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's just all around unfortunate, lol.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We'll see. ;)

At least you're not an Expos...err, Blue Jays fan!!!

Oh, okay. The Rays have a few young guys, too. I'm really excited to see more of Hellickson as he matures. Actually, I think this is his second year, too. He came up from the minors three years ago, but I believe last year was his Rookie year.
Yep,he was the 2011 AL Rookie of the Year and currently the ace of my rotisserie team.I am counting on him and 2nd baseman Zobrist to have outstanding 2012 seasons.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would like to see that as well!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep,he was the 2011 AL Rookie of the Year and currently the ace of my rotisserie team.I am counting on him and 2nd baseman Zobrist to have outstanding 2012 seasons.
Zobrist went 2-4 today with two RBIs in the ninth to win the game for the Rays. :D

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Zobrist went 2-4 today with two RBIs in the ninth to win the game for the Rays. :D
First game I don't get a chance to watch, we lose! :-( grats on the win!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do me a favor and please don't watch tomorrow's game, either. :D

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do me a favor and please don't watch tomorrow's game, either. :D
LMAO, apparently I cant rep you as I have to recently.....

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's all good!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's all goo!
Tell me it was at least a good game to watch? You guys gave Verlander his first loss since last July I think!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't get to see it. I just read part of an article that said Verland looked outstanding until the ninth inning.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gotta love the comeback kids!!! Glad we were able to pull the win out, but this waiting until the end sure does get stressfull to watch. Lol

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL. Yeah, the Rays seem to have a knack for that.

I just noticed that the Yankees and Boston have combined for a 3-8 record. It's still really early, but I would love to see the East play out in this manner for the whole year.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I just noticed that the Yankees and Boston have combined for a 3-8 record. It's still really early, but I would love to see the East play out in this manner for the whole year.
I so agree! I focking hate those teams!

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Jays beat the bosox again..

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jays beat the bosox again..
This is great news! I hope the sox get crushed on all year, nothing like a pride sting to lose so many games right off the bat!

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is what I like to hear.Hellickson got hit in the head by a homer while he was doing some work in the bullpen,but it appears to be minor and he should not miss a start.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Yea i would definitely love that too!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SO I get a PM from stxnas to come on in an rep the birds on the bat.. but no one needs to rep the cards... they are rep'n all over the place themselves.

Big daddy freese showing october form immediatley.. I was worried the instant fame woulda changed a man... but true STL colors showing through... Getting the astro's era of beltran, and kids stepping up. I haven't seen a team with this much offense in STL in awhile.. and the defense is not suffering for it.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SO I get a PM from stxnas to come on in an rep the birds on the bat.. but no one needs to rep the cards... they are rep'n all over the place themselves.

Big daddy freese showing october form immediatley.. I was worried the instant fame woulda changed a man... but true STL colors showing through... Getting the astro's era of beltran, and kids stepping up. I haven't seen a team with this much offense in STL in awhile.. and the defense is not suffering for it.
Ah, a companion.

:cool2:

I was disappointed to see the L, yesterday, but 2 out of 3 from a division ***** on the road is more than enough. Beltran is surprising me as much as Berkman did, last year. I remember I was LIVID when they signed up last year. I thought it was a horrible move, and I was never so happy to eat my words. I didn't feel good about the Beltran signing this year, and so far, he's doing the same thing. I'll be crossing my fingers we can stay healthy; particularly Freese and Holliday.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Cubs are 1-5, but I'm not losing hope their going to win the world series

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cubs are 1-5, but I'm not losing hope their going to win the world series
Don't to pour salt in the wound.. but have you seen the commercial for MLB The Show 12? Oh good lord it is funny from the outside.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah, a companion.

:cool2:

I was disappointed to see the L, yesterday, but 2 out of 3 from a division ***** on the road is more than enough. Beltran is surprising me as much as Berkman did, last year. I remember I was LIVID when they signed up last year. I thought it was a horrible move, and I was never so happy to eat my words. I didn't feel good about the Beltran signing this year, and so far, he's doing the same thing. I'll be crossing my fingers we can stay healthy; particularly Freese and Holliday.
I was indifferent about Beltran... I thought he was a hot name, but not going to live up to the old school Killa B year.. now we have Berkman and Beltran from that Killa B astros team and they are in form. Now health on the other hand.. lets see that play out.

Yeah.. if you see the get away day lineup they throtted out there, I am suprised we have the lead at all... all due respect to our bench... we were playing our B squad against their stars. Dont have to worry about the reds in 3 years though.. those contracts walt jocketty just signed are going to kill that team. Especially since they can only pull 16K against their nemesis and previous WS champs.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Don't to pour salt in the wound.. but have you seen the commercial for MLB The Show 12? Oh good lord it is funny from the outside.
Yea sadly I've seen it. Were going to beat the brewers Today and then sweep the cardinals to get back to.500. Haha

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea sadly I've seen it. Were going to beat the brewers Today and then sweep the cardinals to get back to.500. Haha
lol... With the holiday that is home opener in STL.. your boys will be a little too caught up in the moment to even know they are on the diamond! :D

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was indifferent about Beltran... I thought he was a hot name, but not going to live up to the old school Killa B year.. now we have Berkman and Beltran from that Killa B astros team and they are in form. Now health on the other hand.. lets see that play out.

Yeah.. if you see the get away day lineup they throtted out there, I am suprised we have the lead at all... all due respect to our bench... we were playing our B squad against their stars. Dont have to worry about the reds in 3 years though.. those contracts walt jocketty just signed are going to kill that team. Especially since they can only pull 16K against their nemesis and previous WS champs.
I forgot we had a lot of starters out for that game; that's a great point. I was surprised to see Garcia give up 11 hits, though.

And that's the first time I've realized that this is a reunion for Beltran and Berkman; that's crazy. We just need to get Bags and Biggio out of retirement ;) haha

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:) that is all

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bottom of the fourth with only one out and the Bo-Sox are already up by three over the Rays. :ntome:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did anybody else just see Kelly Shopach's first career stolen base? It was one of the ugliest steals I've ever seen, lol.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Uh oh. Where's our Cards fan?
Rays are down by seven now...ugh.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea tigers fell today too :-(

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Darn. It looks like the Red Sox will be making up some ground in the East, today.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At least Zobrist got a homerun for me in the Rays losing cause.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Darn. It looks like the Red Sox will be making up some ground in the East, today.
You know I loved every single minute of it today! GO SOX!

Oh yeah....I'm back! :D

-t1

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No love lost in this thread, lol!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For the first time in my life I am glad that I am deaf; so I can't hear the boo's.

Man, I always get super anxious about the season when the Angels get off to a rocky start. Damn Yanks and A-rod... I hated him since he left the Mariners.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm just glad we weren't blanked. It's rough to see Wain-O get lit up like that, but it happens. It's a long season, so things like this don't bother me. Oddly enough, the Cards have a habit of losing to the Cubs quite a bit, but still cleaning up in their overall record.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In to show some love for the D! Tigers are going deep this year.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Tigers raped rays! Damn!!!!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hush child lol

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol Born and raised NYer who has lived near Philly for the last 10 years. Brutal out here, although the Yanks/Phils world series a few years ago was a lot of fun for me, not my neighbors :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3 words......Lets go Yankees
Can we get this guy banished from the thread please? I'm sure all would agree! :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tampa should rebound this afternoon.Look for Hellickson to shut down the BoSox and the Rays to light up Buckholz.
Buckhholz didn't pitch that well in his first start, but there is absolutely no question that he's a better pitcher than Hellickson. Clay is dominant when he puts it together. There aren't many major league pitchers anymore that have 4 dominant pitches in their arsenal. Look at the guys stats before he was hurt in 2011...

The Rays' starting rotation is WAY over-hyped; I've been saying that all preseason.

I'm not saying that the Sox don't have their issues; because they have plenty in the bullpen right now; as well as the tail end of their rotation. Losing Ellsbury yesterday for the next 6 weeks is rough as well, but they can effectively fill the gap until his return. Not to mention Crawford hasn't even played yet.

The Sox will make the playoffs this year. I have no doubt.