Erase and herniated discs

FeelinDown

Awards
This is a 2 part question.

I used to lift but 2 years ago was in an accident and as a result have 3 herniated discs. To this day my neck still hurts and I have pain in and inbetweem shoulder blades. I gained about 20 lbs during those 2 years, food helped with my depression. I been eating very clean and have dropeed about 12 lbs on my own but now want to take supplements to help out

First.... Am I able to start lifting again and build muscle even though I cant really do compound movements? How do I work my shoulders and traps if I can't do any military presses?

Second I want to take erase and anabeta elite during my cut to help drop some weight. Since my discs are herniated and erase will dry you out will that have any effect with my disc hydration?

Please no negative comments. I've already been down enough

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Before you even think about supplements, I would first assess if you should lift or not first with your Dr and if so, see what he thinks you should do. Then I would go really slowly. I think your goal for the first while is going to retain the muscle you have while you get leaner. If so, eating cleanly as you mentioned along with good macros and getting quality sleep will help safegaurd your muscle. Beyond that, the first supplement I would add would be a BCAA will further help to spare muscle under a caloric deficit. Until you have been back in the gym for a while, I would avoid ABE, but take it's main 'leaning' ingredient - 95%forskolin at 75-100mg a day. Erase will help you look lean and dry, but not really help you lose fat. Maybe a bottle to celebrate the last 3 lbs. There is a myriad of weight loss products. If i was going to get one- it would be Alphamine (most popular for 2013). Getting supps that make you stronger (like ABE) before your structure can handle it - could set you back further. Best of luck - go slowly....

FeelinDown

Awards
Yes I am able to lift again but was wondering if I'll be able to build since there are many compound exercises I am unable to do.

So erase will have no adverse effect on my herniated discs?

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Yes I am able to lift again but was wondering if I'll be able to build since there are many compound exercises I am unable to do.

So erase will have no adverse effect on my herniated discs?
You can still build without compound exercises - using isolation and focus. Best you ask your Doctor about Erase. It's mild. Especially if OG erase is taken at 2 (out of three) caps a day. The only noticeable side effect is drying out of the joints. Some people feel this a little, a lot and not at all.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In reference to training after that injury, I would try making a thread in the training area. You can't be the first person to have herniated a disc.

As for Erase and AnaBeta, you definitely need to ask your physician. I would say that for almost all supplements, especially if you are on any pain medications.

FeelinDown

Awards
I only took ibuprofen the first 2 weeks of accident. Other than that I haven't taken any pain killers or anything else, I just live with the pain. But thanks for responding

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
I feel your pain brother.. I have same problem but nothing showed on my x-ray (neck and back) I began to use cissus ~2 weeks ago and I think it helps really good.
Good luck with everything

Hansel

Hansel

Banned
Awards
In regard to lifting, like the others said, you absolutely have to run this by your doc. And then, get a second and third opinion. I herniated my L4-L5 in 2003 in a sky diving accident and had a laminectomy a few months later. Doc told me not to run, not to lift, and of course I didn't listen to him. Over the years I've run half marathons, completed five sprint distance triathlons and lifted a lot of weights. Lucky for me, I'm doing ok now, but in hindsight, I should have listened to my doc more. Let me ask you this: is getting jacked and moving heavy ass weight really important to you? Is it worth potentially being crippled later in life? Not trying to sway you either way, just think about it. I made the decision to live a pretty active life, and it's a decision I'll have to live with someday if I have to get another surgery. Hope you get the answers you're looking for soon man. PM me if you want to chat more.

Hansel

Hansel

Banned
Awards
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I've run 3 bottles of Erase Pro and it hasn't affected my L4-L5 injury site so you should be fine!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ive been training with 4 herniated disks for some 20 plus yrs... once you get the swing of things and build up a base of strength you will be able to do a lot of the compound movements you used too, only with lighter weights.
you might want to get some joint help before erase. use copious amounts daily and focus on your diet and training for awhile before you get serious about more supplements.
get your strength back up first and build some confidence back. you will be surprised at how well your back will respond to weigh training. also if ur bent on supplementing why not use a fatburner to aid in your dieting.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As someone with herniated discs as well I can say erase did not effect my discs. My knees were a different story.

FeelinDown

Awards
Just wanna say thanks to everyone who responded. I will certainly be trying out Erase in the future.

All 3 herniated disc are in my neck C3-4, C5-6, C6-7. Simple things like looking straight up and down cause pain from between my shoulder blades up to my neck but the pain has gradually decreased over the past 2 years. I also have disc degeneration on L5-S1 that gives me some discomfort.

In response to is getting jacked and moving heavy ass weight really important to you?

I wouldn't say its important to me but I can say I was my happiest when lifting, I just felt better all around and feel that lifting again is what will get rid of the depression of sitting around for 2 years being unable to do nothing due to severe pain.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is a 2 part question.

I used to lift but 2 years ago was in an accident and as a result have 3 herniated discs. To this day my neck still hurts and I have pain in and inbetweem shoulder blades. I gained about 20 lbs during those 2 years, food helped with my depression. I been eating very clean and have dropeed about 12 lbs on my own but now want to take supplements to help out

First.... Am I able to start lifting again and build muscle even though I cant really do compound movements? How do I work my shoulders and traps if I can't do any military presses?

Second I want to take erase and anabeta elite during my cut to help drop some weight. Since my discs are herniated and erase will dry you out will that have any effect with my disc hydration?

Please no negative comments. I've already been down enough
I noticed no issues with back pain on erase. My knees really started to act up though. But I upped my fishoil and took some joint supplements to help combat that and it cleared up. I would suggest taking joint support all the time though. I've been using athletes joint restore lately and have been feeling great. I do Olympic lifting and sometimes the joints take a beating. So it has been a big help.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is what I do for a living. Unfortunately, once a disc is herniated, there is no reversing it and it will slowly degrade from there. However, many things can alleviate the pain. Was your neck operated on whatsoever? If not, I would recommend a chiropractor. IF you find a good one they can help realign your facets and vertebral bodies to where they are compressing less on the motor and sensory nerves that enter and exit at each level of the spine as well as your spinal cord. Please note that I am not a doctor, I sell the products for spinal surgeries and have been in close to 100 of them and this is my first recommendation to anyone. I have a herniated L3/L4, L4/L5, and L5/S1 and have been so bad that I could not get up off the floor. I am still able to squat and deadlift and never feel pain as log as I stay up on the Chiro. They are a life saver.

I would not however recommend that you go start military pressing in this condition. I have had horrific shoulder problems for years so I am in the same boat in the sense that I can't do any shoulder presses, bench, etc. What I did was start with VERY light laterals (2.5's and 5's). Yes it sucks and its an ego blow but its better than nothing. Eventually I worked my way up to 15's, 20's etc. I did this very slowly over the course of a year. DO NOT RUSH IT. I then added light shrugs and light dumbbell presses in the same fashion. Slow and steady.

Im not going to lie it sucks. Going from reps off 225 standing military to 20 lb dumbbells blows. But at the end of the day, if you focus on contracting the muscle and your form, they will grow. Mine have made great improvements with these methods. It is just part of the game. Injuries happen and you have to find ways work around them. This is a long process and who knows down the road you might be able to do your favorites again. But you will never get uninjured if you rush it.

FeelinDown

Awards
I've never had surgery for my neck nor have I had any injections. I was told I should get the injections but I saw alot of other ppl that were going to the same dr I did there over and over for more injections saying they only work for a short time, so I just dealt with the pain.

As for seeing a chiro I read online that neck manipulation from chiros can actually make a cervical herniation worse so I've never went that route but will do more research to see if they can help me. Maybe traction machine?

Hansel

Hansel

Banned
Awards
In that same jump I jacked my L4-L5 up, I also compacted my C2-C3 and C3-C4. I forgot to mention in my previous posts that regular chiro visits are the only thing that allow me to do what I do. Don't believe everything you read on the web (yes, that means this thread too!). What works for some is null and void for others. But I wouldn't be able to go to the gym if it weren't for my chiropractor.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In that same jump I jacked my L4-L5 up, I also compacted my C2-C3 and C3-C4. I forgot to mention in my previous posts that regular chiro visits are the only thing that allow me to do what I do. Don't believe everything you read on the web (yes, that means this thread too!). What works for some is null and void for others. But I wouldn't be able to go to the gym if it weren't for my chiropractor.
Exactly. I haven't been in 2 months and I notice a major difference. I need to get back on track with mine ASAP

Hansel

Hansel

Banned
Awards
CATdiesel76 - what's your favorite place to get adjusted? Mine is the cervical adjustment. Damn it feels so good!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
CATdiesel76 - what's your favorite place to get adjusted? Mine is the cervical adjustment. Damn it feels so good!
Thats pretty damn good but nothing to me is better than when my low back is out really bad and they get some massive movement on it. There is nothing better than that relief