Ephedra will be back ???

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
Hell Yeah!! Not such a big deal just because Ephedra is still readilly available, but its a good blow against the government during these hard times of supplements.

50joe

Awards
  • Established
i felt a funny rush while reading that article haha.. like a 'how you like it now FDA??' hahaha... :rofl:

Methyl1

Awards
Hell Yeah!! Not such a big deal just because Ephedra is still readilly available, but its a good blow against the government during these hard times of supplements.
Well the Ephedra thats available now is the Ephedra HCL, which is not as potent as the Dietary supplements that contain a source of ephedrine alkaloids, such as ephedra, Ma huang, Sida cordifolia, and pinellia

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
wow....im not a criminal anymore!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well the Ephedra thats available now is the Ephedra HCL, which is not as potent as the Dietary supplements that contain a source of ephedrine alkaloids, such as ephedra, Ma huang, Sida cordifolia, and pinellia
Its Ephedrine HCL. Also I believe its much more potent than just the extracts. You may be a bit confused on this.

James007

Banned
Awards
Its Ephedrine HCL. Also I believe its much more potent than just the extracts. You may be a bit confused on this.
Honestly, I see all these people talking about Ephedrine HCL being more potent than Ma Huang standardized for the same mg of Ephedrine, but I’m not convinced.

People who've tried both seem to say that the Herbal version was stronger. I know, for me, you can feel the herbal version much more – I can’t really say for fat burning. I’m sure it’s also likely that there are compounds in the herbal extract that aide in fat loss aside from Ephedrine. This is why I’d like to see the herbal version back.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Its Ephedrine HCL. Also I believe its much more potent than just the extracts.
I seem to get the same results from Ephedrine HCL as I did the Herbal standardized extract. I seem to like the ephedrine hcl much better for some reason. Maybe it's the price.

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
Well maybe because of either the other active ingredients in the fatburner or the fact that there is a scarce find for PURE ephedrine hcl without expectorant which does have an effect on the ephedrines potency

James007

Banned
Awards
I was just saying it was my experience, i don't know why - and that's all.

cb11mass

Awards
Epedra ban done! I assume there is no such hope for pro-hormones.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
not that i use ephedra, but it's good to know that these supp. companies are fighting back.

wantmoresize

Awards
the banner on the MSN ad says--Ephedra linked to 155 deaths--hmm I wonder what the banner's ad would have said about cigarettes?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
No, theres not. The FDA used its authority over dietary supplements to ban ephedra. Congress created legislation that added prohormones to the banned substance list (aka the same list as steroids and other illicit drugs).

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established

I wouldn't say it was done. The fda is "reviewing the decision"

Luckily for people in Utah. I wouldn't expect it to be back as a dietary supp any time soon.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Check out the last paragraph in the article:
Campbell’s ruling sends the matter back to the FDA “for further rulemaking consistent with the court’s opinion� and keeps the agency from enforcement action against the companies.
Does this mean retailers are free to sell ephedra-based supps again?

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
even if they are..they would probably be hesitant

I mean they probably have **** sitting there..but to go into restocking shelves..bottling...marketing..etc. Probably wouldn't rush to get em back on the shelves right away.

I mean personally I like the HCL myself.

but we shall see

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
It's funny how expensive everything gets..

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Basically, they are allowing the sale of ephedra-containing fatburners with the dose at 10mg or less.. This isn't final, but it could happen.. Can't find the damn article on it.. :mad:

mschulke

Awards
the govt is mostly useless, hope to get the best of them

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
there is no damn reason why the price should be this high! I would buy ephedra by the truck load for cents.. and they are going to now turn around and say its because of the high insurance risk.. bull dingy!

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my mom freakign works for the fda...maybe i should tell her whats up to?

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
YOURE A SPY!!!

jk...

what does your mom do for them..

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude you can get it at 25mg. Lipodrene has it . And the co. that used to make yellow subs has it on their site. I've had it for 3 months ..

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
that article was from
Updated: 5:35 p.m. ET April 14, 2005

also it was my belief that ephedrine could not be sold as a dietary supplement but only for an OTC drug purpose, such as an asthma medication...the fda through out some kind of ruling with it within the past year ill try and find it.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
yeah but ephedra and ephedrine are two different things... i think what you were talking about was something that was agreed upon after the ban of ephedra..because people were... confused

Jonathon

Awards
I got an ECA stack (superstack), but it only has 10mg of ephreda. It says Ephedra Extract (10mg ephedine group alkaloids), so is this Ephedra?