Enter Sandman...with MC + IBE X-Dreams = Snorlax (Sponsored)

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
X-Dream Revisited

I begin taking X-Dreams again last night. It has been about a week since my last dose. Didn't see a need for it during the holiday break, and I would rather save it for when I really need it (getting back to work, ugh!). I did a little experimenting last night. I took one pill about an hour and a half before bed and then 2 more right before bed. I was hoping for a lights out tiredness to be induced by this, but there really was not much difference for me between the 3 and 2 pills. I still had a gentle calming effect but nothing staggering. I do say, it wasnt so bad getting up this morning even though I didn't get a tremendous amount of sleep last night. I probably finally fell asleep around 12:30 and woke up at 7. Also, no reports of any dreaming.

How many caps should I take tonight? How many does everyone want me to experiment with? Any particular pattern to dosing anyone would like me to try out? I'm looking for feedback so I can help you judge.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've taken 3 at a time with good results. But, more is not always better, especially with sleep aids. With melatonin, overuse of melatonin could disrupt circadian rhythms (which controls appetite, energy, mood, sleep and libido). I would stick to the recommended dosage, and/or less. What I will recommend is to play with levels of light, IE - medium lit room one night, dark room the next night. I strongly urge people that take any products that contain melatonin to dim, or eliminate light sources.

EDIT: I personally found that I sleep deeper if I dim the lights after my dosage, followed 30-45 minutes later with completely eliminating the light and closing my eyes so I may go to sleep.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
I've taken 3 at a time with good results. But, more is not always better, especially with sleep aids. With melatonin, overuse of melatonin could disrupt circadian rhythms (which controls appetite, energy, mood, sleep and libido). I would stick to the recommended dosage, and/or less. What I will recommend is to play with levels of light, IE - medium lit room one night, dark room the next night. I strongly urge people that take any products that contain melatonin to do so and dim, or eliminate light sources.
Excellent! Thank you IL. I will try that. You dont think maybe taking 2 in the evening like say 8pm and then 2 at like 10:30pm would make a difference?

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Excellent! Thank you IL. I will try that. You dont think maybe taking 2 in the evening like say 8pm and then 2 at like 10:30pm would make a difference?
No, actually you will be flooding your sensors with too much. Melatonin is a hormone that can penetrate the cell (which holds the mitochondria, of course). Too much of this hormone can cause an adverse affect in some. If I can find the studies where I read this from, I will post it. It sucks because I like to show that I'm citing studies and not blindly shooting pseudo-science.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Ugggggggggghhhh... I dosed 3 caps last night prior to bed, around 10:30. I quickly felt very tired. Unusual experience for X-Dreams because it hasn't effected me like that yet. However, even though I was really tired I couldn't seem to fall asleep. Its like I was lying there, exhausted and my mind just wouldnt power off. I ended up tossing and turning most of the night. Not a good night for me. I had been doing pretty good avoiding those kinds of nights too.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ugggggggggghhhh... I dosed 3 caps last night prior to bed, around 10:30. I quickly felt very tired. Unusual experience for X-Dreams because it hasn't effected me like that yet. However, even though I was really tired I couldn't seem to fall asleep. Its like I was lying there, exhausted and my mind just wouldnt power off. I ended up tossing and turning most of the night. Not a good night for me. I had been doing pretty good avoiding those kinds of nights too.
Well, I guess I was right about it will have an adverse affect at higher doses, eh?
Play with the light, my friend.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That's a bummer! It never affected me like that. :( I've been taking 3 lately and it seems to be a good number.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
A Tale of Two Nights

Hi everyone! I apologize for the brief pause in my log. Over the holidays and through a recently suffered injury, I took a break from X-Dreams. Just recently I started to dose again. Im sure the break did more benefit than harm just to not get accustomed to taking a sleep aid everyday.

Anyhow, Wednesday night was my first night back on X-Dreams. I dosed just 2 caps around 10:30. I have to say, this was one of the best quality nights of sleep I have had in years. I didnt necessarily get a TON of sleep, it was just perfect though. I fell asleep quickly after 10:30 and awoke at 6:45am. I woke up about 8 minutes before my alarm was set to go off and I was wide eyed and completely refreshed. I couldnt believe it. I dont EVER remember waking up for work feeling refreshed. There is one dream I can recall. It was pretty weird. I was back in highschool, only I was transferring to a different highschool in my junior year and it was my first day there. The highschool was enormous, the campus was so big, they even had dorms on it for students. It was just really weird.

Last night was a different story from the prior night. I dosed about 2 pills around and continued watching the BCS national championship game. Once it was over I shut out the lights and attempted to go to sleep. That wasnt happening. My mind was on overdrive. I couldn't stop thinking about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. It was absolutely ridiculous. I may have slept some last night, but it sure wasnt much, nor was it very deep or refreshing. Im looking forward to hitting the sack tonight, thats for sure!

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Day # Something or Other:

I am just about 3/4 of the way done with my bottle of X-Dreams if I remember correctly. I have been using it less sporadically lately, just because some nights I feel I don’t need it, and thus do not want to take a sleep aid if unnecessary, other nights, I just forget and before I know it, it’s already pretty late. I have over the past 3 nights have been using X-Dreams though. I haven’t felt the best since being limited and not being able to go 100% at the gym, and a lot has been weighing on my mind lately about the economy and my job. The past 3 nights I have had varying degrees of success with X-Dreams. One night, I don’t think I slept at all. However, I don’t think anything could have got me to sleep that night. I was up all night, mind racing and worrying. The other 2 nights, it took me a while to fall asleep, but I was ultimately able to shut it down and fall asleep. Albeit, my quality of sleep has been poor at best this week, there is no question that X-Dreams promotes a favorable environment for attaining an excellent nights sleep, it is just that a plethora of outside factors can influence how well X-Dreams does work. I am hoping to get back into a nice routine next week and hopefully present X-Dreams with the most favorable environment to do its stuff.