Effectiveness of Oral Hyaluronic Acid

How effective is oral hyaluronic acid?

• Total voters

william3162

Board Supporter
Awards
Have you tried HA? Did it work for you? How long it took to makr any effect? Does the body can assimilate it? Did you use low molecular weight or high molecular weight. Please post your experiences.

Gator762

Awards
I'd be interested to see the poll results on this one. I've read about hyaluronic acid but haven't tried it.

Birdsizzle

Awards
From a strictly textbook standpoint, there really should be no to very slight noticable effect. Unless your body is deficeint due to not naturally producing enough HA, or you suffer from arthritis specifically rhumatoid, nothing more than placeabo will be experienced. This is not to say it WON'T produce a effective result, just unlikely in most people. The same can be said of chondroitin sulfate; that the body produces all it needs on its own.

If I myself was considering using supplemental HA, i would do so only if i was experiencing pain or discomfort, and not as preventative measure for a problem that doesnt yet exist.

This is my opinion so take it with a grain of salt

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
Oral HA isn't worth the money paid for the bottle. Well, almost. HA is present in almost ALL parts of the body, especially the skin, eyes, and joints.
Regarding joints and osteoarthritis, the HA must be delivered LOCALLY (injection $$$) to the affected site in order for the HA receptors to recognize the better quality HA and then attempt to mimic it's production.
After all, the body cycles through it's own HA every 100 hours or so. No statistical differences have been found re: joint pain relief between hi-molecular weight HA and lo-molecular weight HA except that the lower molecular weight preparations seem to more safe and more like what naturally occurs within our younger bodies.
Statistical data is available should anyone doubt the validity of what I base my opinions upon:head: .