**EC Cutting Diet! Critique**

edwardyi

edwardyi

Awards
This will be my first time creating a thread on AM :)

Here is the diet i've been following for the past 2 weeks and have had MUCH success. Leg strength has increased but all my other body part's strength has decreased slightly. FAT IS MELTING AWAY :)

Please critique! I want to make sure i'm getting the full benefit out of my diet. I will be following this diet for another 4 weeks. I will up the calories ever so slightly to start a clean bulk then.

My cheat meal is once or twice a week. I replace one of my meals with usually spaghetti or steak. I will still be incorporating low GI carbs and extra lean meat during cheat meals.

July 14, 2009

Meal 1: 14g FAT, 40g PRO, 58g CHO = 518kcal
1 cup brown rice (45g cho)
6 oz salmon (40g pro)
1 cup vegetables (cucumbers, green bellpepper, red bellpepper, cilantro) (8g cho)
1 tbsp sesame oil (14g fat)
½ tbsp spicy pepper paste (5g cho)

Meal 2: 14g FAT, 40g PRO, 81g CHO = 610kcal
1-1/2 cup brown rice (68g cho)
6 oz tuna (40g pro)
1 cup vegetables (cucumbers, green bellpepper, red bellpepper, cilantro) (8g cho)
1 tbsp sesame oil (14g fat)
½ tbsp spicy pepper paste (5g cho)

Meal 3: 4g FAT, 46g PRO, 28g CHO = 332kcal
2 scoops whey protein (46g pro)
6 inch banana (25g cho)

Meal 4: 14g FAT, 46g PRO, 32g CHO = 438kcal
2 high-fiber whole wheat bread (32g cho)
6 oz salmon (40g pro)
1 large egg (5g fat) (6g pro)
1 tbsp peanut butter (9g fat)

Meal 5: 18g FAT, 43g PRO, 20g CHO = 414kcal
3 cups skim milk (high-protein, low-carb) (36g pro) (18g cho)
2 tbsp peanut butter (18g fat) (7g pro)

TOTAL KCAL: 2312 kcal
TOTAL FAT: 64g (576kcal)
TOTAL PRO: 215g (860kcal)
TOTAL CHO: 219g (876kcal)

Supplements: Multi-Vitamin, Omega 3-6-9, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, "EC", Whey Protein, Glutamine, JACK3D (Pre-Workout) on certain occasion.

Raptorbh12

Awards
How much do you currently weigh and what is your goal?
To critique your diet we must know where you stand and what your goal is.
Also bodyfat % numbers would be beneficial as well. Its good to see your supplementing your omegas.

edwardyi

edwardyi

Awards
oh sorry i forgot to mention that! i'm 5'11, 20 years old, and 177lbs currently. i'm between 10 - 12% body fat. I would like to be down to a good firm 10% before lean bulking :)

Raptorbh12

Awards
Im guessing CHO is carbs? I would opt for a much lower carb intake if you are trying to cut below 10% body fat.
I stuck around 10-13% body fat for about a year before i started carb cycling and now im working into the single digits.
Your total calories seem fine and your protein intake is good so if you dont see any difference in a week or two try dropping the calories slowly by maybe 300-400 for a couple weeks.

edwardyi

edwardyi

Awards
Im guessing CHO is carbs? I would opt for a much lower carb intake if you are trying to cut below 10% body fat.
I stuck around 10-13% body fat for about a year before i started carb cycling and now im working into the single digits.
Your total calories seem fine and your protein intake is good so if you dont see any difference in a week or two try dropping the calories slowly by maybe 300-400 for a couple weeks.
damn and i love carbs =\ thx for the input! do you think its beneficial if i split one of the meal into two? making it 6 meals total?

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
meal 2 has wayyy to many carbs. i would cut that in half.. at least.

edwardyi

edwardyi

Awards
meal 2 has wayyy to many carbs. i would cut that in half.. at least.
excellent ! :) i will do that. I usually eat my biggest meal pre-workout or post-workout. Either way, i'll cut the carbs back to 45 g. Thanks!

jontrainer

Awards
Watch out for mercury poisoning with all that fish

Raptorbh12

Awards
Watch out for mercury poisoning with all that fish
ha, wow that is alot of fish. I would cut one of the fish meals out and add in a lean baked chciken breast replacement. Then you should be fine with no worries as to mercury poisoning unless you plan on getting pregnant....