Dropping testosterone dose

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Hey for those who have done test only cycles. Do you notice a major difference from dropping your testosterone dose from 400 a week to 200 a week back to trt dose? The reason I’m asking is I’m happy with the gains I have made after 16 weeks of test cyp at 400 a week and do not want to loose them and would actually hope to continue to gain more muscle tissue. Is this possible with continued training /nutrition? Also does dropping the dosage affect libido/sex drive at all? TIA

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I lost the "steroid pump" when I dropped down to a cruise. The nitrogen retention and protein synthesis are higher on a blast dose so when we drop dose that stuff drops too. The inflation will drop but that doesn't mean we're losing contractile tissue.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's a pretty light cycle so yeah I would guess you can easily hold that. Of coarse everybody is different. The bigger you get the harder it will be but it's easy to hold muscle then build. Many guys out there maintain pretty impressive sizes just trt.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ment it's takes a smaller dose to hold the muscle you built then it does to build muscle. Reread what I wrote and it didn't come out right. Lol sorry just woke up.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Many guys out there maintain pretty impressive sizes just trt.
I think that's what makes TRT so appealing. I seen tons of guys on TRT that keep some and even build some pretty incredible size. Occasionally I get a little skeptical... not that they're only on test but that they're running an actual TRT dose.

I haven't gone on TRT or cruised yet. My cycles are pretty mild and less frequent than most, so haven't necessarily had a need for it yet given where my test is. But I am sure I will be in the future. I'm interested in seeing the difference between PCTing and TRT.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I lifted 38 yrs natty (1978 to 2016) then jumped on TRT at 125 mg a week for the last 6-7 years.
I dropped it completely a month ago and feel better actually. I lost no muscle or strength, but then at that dose I never really gained it either. If you want to blast/cruise, drop down and see how you feel.

To me, it doesnt make sense to keep the foot on the gas year round...

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I lifted 38 yrs natty (1978 to 2016) then jumped on TRT at 125 mg a week for the last 6-7 years.
I dropped it completely a month ago and feel better actually. I lost no muscle or strength, but then at that dose I never really gained it either. If you want to blast/cruise, drop down and see how you feel.

To me, it doesnt make sense to keep the foot on the gas year round...
I'd be interested to know how you feel and progress going forward, as well as what your test level is. What was your plan to come off? Are you on clomid and hcg?

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
I'd be interested to know how you feel and
That's a pretty light cycle so yeah I would guess you can easily hold that. Of coarse everybody is different. The bigger you get the harder it will be but it's easy to hold muscle then build. Many guys out there maintain pretty impressive sizes just trt.
is their a big difference in energy levels and libido going from 400-200 a week if you have experienced? I want to go back to 200 a week for 8-12 weeks then bump it back up again. I’m not a big fan of heavy cycles anymore. What I wish I knew when j was younger is that more in not better. I grew very nicely on just 400 test alone.
progress going forward, as well as what your test level is. What was your plan to come off? Are you on clomid and hcg?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think everyone is different. To be honest, I don't really feel my energy or libido being much different at all depending on how much test I run. I never go over 500 but I feel the same at 250 as I do at 500. I'm not on TRT either, I'm just talking about cycles I've done. It's really person dependent though I think.