Does the varicocele look like the epididymitis?

uptempo

uptempo

Awards
Hello Guys, the doctor today here diagnosed me with epididymitis instead of varicocele pain...They said instead of the varicocele being visible, it is actually the epididymis. Is this even possible? He also said my varicocele is actually very small and doesn't need to undergo surgery. I was referred to a urologist, but I can't even see them until OCTOBER. I am scared by that time it might be too late. The bulged out part is only on my left side, so I don't get how that is possible. He also said my testicles were swollen.....what do you guys think? He put me on antibiotics levaquin....

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello Guys, the doctor today here diagnosed me with epididymitis instead of varicocele pain...They said instead of the varicocele being visible, it is actually the epididymis. Is this even possible? He also said my varicocele is actually very small and doesn't need to undergo surgery. I was referred to a urologist, but I can't even see them until OCTOBER. I am scared by that time it might be too late. The bulged out part is only on my left side, so I don't get how that is possible. He also said my testicles were swollen.....what do you guys think? He put me on antibiotics levaquin....
A florquinolone like levaquin will get the job done. I would take the antibiotics, and then reassess after that point. Was he concerned about inguinal hernia at all based on the exam?

Epididymitis can cause a wide range of symptoms overall.

K1212

Awards
I was also told I had Epidytumus and that was what was causing me my problems, all I know is these veins werent there before my injury and the pain is getting worse

They did confirm I had a grade 1 or 2 Varicocle but they didnt seem to think that was causing my problems, they also laugh at the fact that they think a varicocle can effect testosterone or sex drive

uptempo

uptempo

Awards
did they also put you on levaquin? did it hurt for you on both sides? the thing is...they said it was the thing bulging on the left that is causing it..but my right side also hurts too..jus not as much...how long has it been for you on antibiotics..is your epididymis still bulged out?

uptempo

uptempo

Awards
A florquinolone like levaquin will get the job done. I would take the antibiotics, and then reassess after that point. Was he concerned about inguinal hernia at all based on the exam?

Epididymitis can cause a wide range of symptoms overall.
no he did not mention that...i am so skeptical about doctors now..when i first went to the E.R they said it was prostatitis...then I went to the urologist the day after and he was like..ohh nothing to worry about just a physical trauma to the perineal body...you can stop taking levaquin...now after 2 weeks at a new doctors place at my university..they say its epididymitis and get back on levaquin again...I feel so helpless sometimes even when ive been to three doctors....my 2nd doctor showed me my varicocele...which the 3rd doctor said was the epididymis....so i was like what the hell....all of them gave me different results/problem....hopefully the urologist that I just found that I am meeting on Friday can provide me with real true answers..I am praying hoping this isnt something big..... damn i feel lost...all i can do now is hope

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • Established
no he did not mention that...i am so skeptical about doctors now..when i first went to the E.R they said it was prostatitis...then I went to the urologist the day after and he was like..ohh nothing to worry about just a physical trauma to the perineal body...you can stop taking levaquin...now after 2 weeks at a new doctors place at my university..they say its epididymitis and get back on levaquin again...I feel so helpless sometimes even when ive been to three doctors....my 2nd doctor showed me my varicocele...which the 3rd doctor said was the epididymis....so i was like what the hell....all of them gave me different results/problem....hopefully the urologist that I just found that I am meeting on Friday can provide me with real true answers..I am praying hoping this isnt something big..... damn i feel lost...all i can do now is hope
There is no need to feel lost. Medicine is not always so cut and dry all the time. My advice would be to finish out the levaquin and see if it helps the situation. Epididymitis is a fairly common occurance in young guys.

I agree that seeing a urologist is a good plan of action. However, in the mean time i would try the antibiotic and go from there.

K1212

Awards

do you have any other psychological side effects like loss of libido or depression

uptempo

uptempo

Awards
do you have any other psychological side effects like loss of libido or depression

no i dont...i had anxiety and ocd problems 2 years ago but I drank a lot of chinese natural medicine my mom makes and I just kept tryin to stay positive and got out of that..but right now...besides being emotionally drained and stress from this...my libido (sex drive) is still ok for now i think..i still get horny and stuff...and depression i would have to say no.

If you are in depression, (just trying to help you out by the way), I would suggest going to a chinese doctor...sometimes if western medicine dont help, go the natural way with the chinese doc. It could be your liver that just needs a tune up...it never hurts to try and they are cheap to go to..i dont know if you are close to a chinatown or what not....

uptempo

uptempo

Awards
There is no need to feel lost. Medicine is not always so cut and dry all the time. My advice would be to finish out the levaquin and see if it helps the situation. Epididymitis is a fairly common occurance in young guys.

I agree that seeing a urologist is a good plan of action. However, in the mean time i would try the antibiotic and go from there.

Thanks for the help and support, I am definitely hoping this antibiotic will do the job...hope everything is going well for you

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the help and support, I am definitely hoping this antibiotic will do the job...hope everything is going well for you
No problem. I wish you the best bud. If this doesn't improve, follow up with urology.