Does L-Tyrosine break the fasting state?

lucifer92

Awards
As the title says, will taking L-Tyrosine break my fasting state?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Unless you're consuming massive quantities of it, then I would say no. Are you doing IF?

Typically anything under 20-30 calories doesn't break a fast IMO. When I did IF I would use BCAA's and EAA's during my fasting period.

lucifer92

Awards
Yes , i am fasting.

So how many calories does L-Tyrosine usually have?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Tyrosine is an amino acid, so it's protein. Technically it has 4 calories per gram. So if you're taking 2000mg or somewhere around there you're only consuming 8 calories. You're perfectly fine

lucifer92

Awards
Thats great then.
The aminos that i had bought some time ago didnt right anything about calories in their laber so i didnt know what the deak was

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thats great then.
The aminos that i had bought some time ago didnt right anything about calories in their laber so i didnt know what the deak was
Most aminos don't list calorie content since is negligible, but if you want to be super by-the-book then you can count it. 5g of amino acids would be 20 calories. Definitely nothing to worry about in the grand scheme, but something to be mindful of. Most people (myself included) don't track aminos or trace calories in preworkouts

lucifer92

Awards
Most aminos don't list calorie content since is negligible, but if you want to be super by-the-book then you can count it. 5g of amino acids would be 20 calories. Definitely nothing to worry about in the grand scheme, but something to be mindful of. Most people (myself included) don't track aminos or trace calories in preworkouts
Good to know, thank you for your info it was really helpful, much appreciated.