Do pro BBers cycle?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Depends what you mean by "genetics". Cutler might not have the best genetics for a pretty physique, but he has great genetics in terms of growth.

That is one thing that most pro's share. Most of us avg joes can take boat loads of gear, train our asses off, and never be remotely close to the size of these guys.

Drugs won't make up for ****ty insertions, and other genetic shortcomings in terms of structure, but they will certainly allow someone to grow to freak show size.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
1-Well yeah thats one of the reasons i believe jay was wining,decent genetics and plenty of mass,whihc is what judges love.they love mass,so I agree 100%

2-again i agree 100%..i know guys at my gym juicing for years and years compete diet and all that good ****.yet,they will never even be close to what these mr o guys are.. I have decent genetics,but if I juiced,it wouldnt work and I know that..My bro,great genetics if he was to juice and would have as a teen when he started training,i will tell ya i guarantee he would proba be a competitor in the ranks of the mr o.he symmetry is amazing and size..hes all natural and is a genetic freak.hes one of the few.

3-drugs will help to show size,but thats with anyone.What gives these bodybulders the feaky look these days is the most anabolic substance out there,INSULIN,which plays a big part. but if you dont have the symmetry and the shape,you dont have it and never will.anyone can get big to an extent that is.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Oh yes...and many of them run gear well into their off seasons too due to photo shoots, media work or jest because!

Stupes

Oh yes...and many of them run gear well into their off seasons too due to photo shoots, media work or jest because!
They all run gear year round. Zero doubt about it. They cruise with more gear than 95% of people on this site cycle with.

vassille

Awards
IDk if i fully agree with that.It doesnt necesarily matter how much gear you do...even with more gear if your ****ty you are ****ty.. all these guys are on **** loads of stuff and basically year round,no cycling....

dave palumbo,nothing could save this poor guy,lol

Shawn Ray

I can guarantee you what they run gear wise isnt to different. gear cant make up for ****ty genetics... IMO jay cutler is one of the ****test Mtr O's of all time,well the ****tiest,imo,lol
hes like a box and always looks like hes holding weater..heis genetics are not good,again,IMO
yeh, they do cycle may not be the way you think but they do cycle. After a while if you keep using the same compounds and dosages all the time you will get diminished returns plus health wise is not good. I mean these guys may be crazy but they do have half a brain left to know that if they want to compete in the future you dont crash and burn short term.
THe one thing some of these pros have is the ability for their muscle cells to receive nutrients. Most win based on that not that they have nice symetry and stuff. Most of them cant barely suck their gut in on stage. Is that worth it to be 250 on stage instead of 230?
For me it isnt. I think they look stupid trying to make a buck but whatever and the reason why BBing is underground and take place in high schools and no TV sponsor approaches them. Someone needs to clean up this damn mess ..lol
I think if they have height and weight classes there wont be a need to abuse all these drugs. If you tell someone at 6ft tall to come in at 220lbs max there is little incentive for them to be 250 and abuse drugs to get there and you will have ppl naturally trying to get there. At the same time, conditioning will be more prevelent rather than bulking into the abyss.
If there is will there is a way but so far nobody wants to step up to the plate. Meanwhile we all looking at the freak shows geting worse evey year.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
THe one thing some of these pros have is the ability for their muscle cells to receive nutrients. Most win based on that not that they have nice symetry and stuff.
It's called Insulin..hah

If there is will there is a way but so far nobody wants to step up to the plate. Meanwhile we all looking at the freak shows geting worse evey year.
Actually it is getting better, and the O is a perfect example of that. 2 years in a row now they rewarded those with the better lines, smaller waist, etc. Rhoden placed 3rd for that very reason. Kai streamlined for that reason.

Hopefully the trend continues.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
It's called Insulin..hah

Actually it is getting better, and the O is a perfect example of that. 2 years in a row now they rewarded those with the better lines, smaller waist, etc. Rhoden placed 3rd for that very reason. Kai streamlined for that reason.

Yes. The guys at the Olympia are still huge as f**k but they are deff leaner and more symmetrical. Joe Weider is deff doing his research on the body trends/evolution of each generation and letting his judges know the standard in which he wants in his IFBB athletes to be in; in order to win the O

vassille

Awards
It's called Insulin..hah

Yes insulin does work but you still have to have the receptors to open up the cell. Im starting to realize the there is a whole biology involved in that approach too. Just taking it doesnt always does the trick.
It seems that after Ronnie and Cutler they do seem to go a bit smaller. I agree
I hope some day we can watch it on TV.

vassille

Awards
Yes. The guys at the Olympia are still huge as f**k but they are deff leaner and more symmetrical. Joe Weider is deff doing his research on the body trends/evolution of each generation and letting his judges know the standard in which he wants in his IFBB athletes to be in; in order to win the O
At one point Joe tried to test these guys for PED. He def knows that if he can clean it up and the sport can get into TV there are going to be a bigger following from main street.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
At one point Joe tried to test these guys for PED. He def knows that if he can clean it up and the sport can get into TV there are going to be a bigger following from main street.
Yeah I know it was like tested in the early 90s but it didn't do so good. In my opinion the guys can still cycle but don't let the gear overpower their physique. We need "mass with class"

VinD

VinD

Awards
In todays time most pros have ****y genetics buddy that's why they abuse all kind of sutff. In arnold days they didnt
If you look at some pros all they look is like a big glab of muscle. That;s not bodybuilding... they have little definition or cuts and they look like baloons. That's a joke
Only the very elite can get that huge and look defined, ex. Phil, Kai, Jay, etc.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Or are they "on" just about all the time?

Sorry if dumb question, yes I know they use but just curious how often.
This still makes me laugh when I come across it on here...lol

xerbia

xerbia

Awards
I would say blast cruising is mandatory for pros. I personally know a guy with his pro card that cruises on what most people would consider for a cycle.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
200 pounds at contest weight with 4% bg or 200 at the end of a bulk with 10+%? Because those two are very different things.
I know this was posted a while ago...but I have to say...

if you are 200+ @ 5'8" and around 10-12% BF naturally?!?!?! You are doin GREAT! At that weight, you'd be ripped! Those guys on stage aren't exactly 4% BF, they might be 6-8%, but at 250+lbs, you don't have to be near as low in BF to look ripped.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1-Well yeah thats one of the reasons i believe jay was wining,decent genetics and plenty of mass,whihc is what judges love.they love mass,so I agree 100%

2-again i agree 100%..i know guys at my gym juicing for years and years compete diet and all that good ****.yet,they will never even be close to what these mr o guys are.. I have decent genetics,but if I juiced,it wouldnt work and I know that..My bro,great genetics if he was to juice and would have as a teen when he started training,i will tell ya i guarantee he would proba be a competitor in the ranks of the mr o.he symmetry is amazing and size..hes all natural and is a genetic freak.hes one of the few.

3-drugs will help to show size,but thats with anyone.What gives these bodybulders the feaky look these days is the most anabolic substance out there,INSULIN,which plays a big part. but if you dont have the symmetry and the shape,you dont have it and never will.anyone can get big to an extent that is.
I have ideal shape, but not size. Yet, I'm only 5'5", so 160lbs on me really looks like 200lbs on a 6' man. I'm convinced that I could do well enough to have fun and be competitive at 185lbs lean. I'd likely have 19" arms at that weight, which isn't Mr. O size but it's enough to enjoy being on stage with other guys in my class.

So for the shorter guys, I'd say don't lose heart. 200lbs is more than enough to dominate the 212 if you are a short fella.

Brandon0212

Brandon0212

Awards
IDk if i fully agree with that.It doesnt necesarily matter how much gear you do...even with more gear if your ****ty you are ****ty.. all these guys are on **** loads of stuff and basically year round,no cycling....

dave palumbo,nothing could save this poor guy,lol

Shawn Ray

I can guarantee you what they run gear wise isnt to different. gear cant make up for ****ty genetics... IMO jay cutler is one of the ****test Mtr O's of all time,well the ****tiest,imo,lol
hes like a box and always looks like hes holding weater..heis genetics are not good,again,IMO
Lmao Dave Palumbo looks like complete ****. Poor guy

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends on what you consider in shape.

I'm sure my 100M and 2 mile times are both faster.
Not performance, but "shape", literally.

Thats what bodybuilding is about -shape, which I understand that there is a smaller crowd of non-BB'ing athletes in here in whose case I wasnt directing that towards.

I find it hard to say anything negative about a man that probably achieved more than I ever will in the area of muscle gain/fat loss. The question was to encourage others to stop being so critical.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not performance, but "shape", literally.

Thats what bodybuilding is about -shape, which I understand that there is a smaller crowd of non-BB'ing athletes in here in whose case I wasnt directing that towards.

I find it hard to say anything negative about a man that probably achieved more than I ever will in the area of muscle gain/fat loss. The question was to encourage others to stop being so critical.
I know.

That's why I said this:

Depends on what you consider in shape.
Because it depends.