Judging Pro BBers on Abs.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Do you guys think that Bodybuilding contestants should be judged on shape of abs?

For instance, Jay Cutler, do you think that some one with a nicer more symetrical set of abs should be looked at better or is it just the development that is looked at? I think their are alot of different views on this and personally i would like to hear a lil discussion and opinions on this. I mean someone with genetically great biceps is looked at greater than someone with weak genetics in that area (assuming about the same size with less peak etc) Why would abs be judged differently?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
You can still shape your biceps somewhat, its 2 muscles on each arm, actually 4 if you count other muscles underneath the biceps which can alter the biceps apearance. Abs are 1 muscle on each side so theres pretty much nothing at all you can do about them.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
You can still shape your biceps somewhat, its 2 muscles on each arm, actually 4 if you count other muscles underneath the biceps which can alter the biceps apearance. Abs are 1 muscle on each side so theres pretty much nothing at all you can do about them.
i see. so i guess that ends the debate? Thats a good point but idk....I think they should at least credit people with nice abs.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i see. so i guess that ends the debate? Thats a good point but idk....I think they should at least credit people with nice abs.
The shape of the abs? No. Fullness and seperation? Yes. Guys like Dexter Jackson have sick abs not just becuase they are symmetrical but because you could hide a pencil between them! They're like stacked bricks! One guy who doesn't get enough credit for his abs IMO is Markus Ruhl. Yeah sometimes he's got distension, but the times when he comes in shredded, his abs are INSANE.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I really think the judging should only be based on things within the control of the bodybuilder. As such the shape of the abs, which is genetic and not really within anyone's control, isn't something I think should be weight. Development, yes. I can definitely understand how symmetrical abs are more aeshtetically appealing though. I agree about Ruhl too. Last O he was in good form with abs.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I was going to DJ as the prime example. He's one of my faves.