DJbombsquad, Why do you not eat meat when your goal is to build muscle?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I substitute out milk for soya. Lowering test/raising est is a myth

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
While this thread was meant to be incendiary, and nothing more, I feel the need to fan the flames.

Eating mass produced meat is shameful. I myself still indulge in this luxury, but that does not make it right.

We have as much right to live as any cow, chicken, rheses monkey, or ball python.

Im sure no one would champion me killing and eating any member of their family.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just ate a big bloody piece of meat while reading this thread, and i'll be dammed if it didnt taste even better. I watched the cow video and just had to get up for seconds......mmmmmmmmmm meat.

Kid will take steriods and growth hormone peptides but wont eat a fukcin hamburger because its against his religion..........I think a b*tch slap is in order here.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
While this thread was meant to be incendiary, and nothing more, I feel the need to fan the flames.

Eating mass produced meat is shameful. I myself still indulge in this luxury, but that does not make it right.

We have as much right to live as any cow, chicken, rheses monkey, or ball python.

I agree to disagree. I love animals they taste delicious. I would never eat a dog or cat unles it was life or death. Animals were made to be eaten by us and their own kinds. Its called the circle of life or food chain. We have canine teeth for a reason they are not there to crack open a bottle of soy with our teeth. thats for damn sure. I eat meat all damn day every damn day! WORD

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
i love scrambled eggs,i cant imagine eating it without a piece of meat on the side!steak and eggs..eggs and bacon,pan cakes and sausage,yin and f***ing yang!...but if he doesnt' want/like meat?...then thats what it is...i feel that i must accept him for him.im just putting this out there..thats all.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established

....I follow the ancent Chinese philosophy of "if it's back faces the Gods you can eat it"

...That includes those cretinous monstrosities known as 'whales' :bandit:

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
i totaly agree on everything he said except that i live by the new testement anf i eat hella meat<God has givin us mastey of animal and the power to demesticate them for food.
IMHO

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
I agree to disagree. I love animals they taste delicious. I would never eat a dog or cat unles it was life or death. Animals were made to be eaten by us and their own kinds. Its called the circle of life or food chain. We have canine teeth for a reason they are not there to crack open a bottle of soy with our teeth. thats for damn sure. I eat meat all damn day every damn day! WORD

nah, i'm against eating mass produced meat too. Those animals are ridiculously tortured....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIjanhKqVC4"]YouTube - Meet your Meat[/ame]

I stick to free range cuz the animals are tranquilized or shocked before slaughter and plus they're not mass produced and go thru wat's on that video...

and the other thing is, what makes cats and dogs so special...

well i guess you like those animals, so you wont eat them. Im the same way with ducks, goats (well i hate the taste) and all australian animals.

if there were vegetarian sources of protein which tasted like meat, i'd stop eating meat but there aint.. so yea.... try to be ethical as possible

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At the end of the day, if he doesnt eat meat, that is his perogative, however I think he just posts nonsense to get a reaction. Nothing more nothing less. Just an attention wh0re

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I respect DJ's choice not to eat meat. I have a few friends who are vegan/vegetarian.

This is my take on the matter:
"It is not what goes into the mouth that makes a person unclean. It is what comes out of the mouth that makes a person unclean." Matthew 15:11

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
and the other thing is, what makes cats and dogs so special...
One word: Culture.

How we are raised. We're raised around dogs.
Just like in India, cows are sacred to them.

That boils down to tradition.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
....I follow the ancent Chinese philosophy of "if it's back faces the Gods you can eat it"

...That includes those cretinous monstrosities known as 'whales' :bandit:
Too funny !!! :tongue2:

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
yes, thats a very sad video, however those are animals. They are a part of evolution, and in nature they kill and eat each other. Its what they exist for. the fact that individuals treat them poorly is something to be said about those individuals, however it has nothing to do with whether we eat them or not.

Look at your teeth, they are not the teeth of an herbivore, they are the teeth of an omnivore :)
You said all that needs to be said right there!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I made this thread because DJ was avoiding the question and said if we wanted to talk about it to make a new thread... so i did.

Im not hear to cause a flame war although it is entertaining. I wish DJ would be more involved in the conversations tho. :(

Those videos are disturbing but really, im not the one doing the unhumane acts, those people being cruel to those animals....now thats wickedness. I just do the eating :D

jakelpet you are too much! :toofunny:

864gnohp

864gnohp

Awards
actually no, as the animal's life isn't taken to create any of those
But if you truly buy into the ideology of not harming an animal then you can't simply exclude those as not taking a life. That is a perfect example of the weakness of this point of view, I could respect this ideology if it were consistent/balanced but sadly it is never presented/held in that manner.

Those videos are disturbing but really, im not the one doing the unhumane acts, those people being cruel to those animals....now thats wickedness. I just do the eating :D
What people need to understand is those videos are not representative of the overall meat industry. Those are isolated cases sought out by people w/clear agendas. People who have never been on a large corporate/factory/call-it-what-ever-you-want farm really should not base their opinions upon those videos. My guess is that the people in this thread that posted and rely upon those videos to support their opinions have never set foot on a real "farm."

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But if you truly buy into the ideology of not harming an animal then you can't simply exclude those as not taking a life. That is a perfect example of the weakness of this point of view, I could respect this ideology if it were consistent/balanced but sadly it is never presented/held in that manner.
Nah, thats ridiculous. Milking a cow or retrieving a chickens egg does no harm to the animal. In the case of the eggs particularly (using eggs from free range chickens as the example) you are merely practicing population control, so it is a positive to take the eggs.

but you all are making me want a slice of last nights top roast with an over easy egg on it :D

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
What people need to understand is those videos are not representative of the overall meat industry. My guess is that the people in this thread that posted and rely upon those videos to support their opinions have never set foot on a real "farm."
And you have been to a commercial farm like purdue? Even "family" farms will slaughter cows by cutting the kneck in half, while they're upside down, so that the blood drains out quickly. To keep the meat more fresh, so the blood doesnt coagulate in the muscle.

It the kind of noise that haunts dreams when you hear an animal scream out as it gargles its own blood.

Nah, thats ridiculous. Milking a cow or retrieving a chickens egg does no harm to the animal.
Both harm the animal, cows are milk year round, given hormones to keep producing milk, then slaughtered when they get too old. Their teets get abscesses that drip blood and puss into the milk you drink. Thats why the people who regulate milk have allowed a certain percentage of blood/puss to be in milk so that this mass production can continue. Its the same reason food regulators allow bugs, rat dropping and other stuff into food, because they dont want to shut down a whole production line for 1 candy bar.

Chickens beaks and wings are clipped, they sit in one spot for their entire life, they they too are killed and eaten. Some "free range" places have a little pen outside that can fit a few chickens at a time, but compared to the thousands of chickens in the warehouse, most will never see the light of day.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Both harm the animal, cows are milk year round, given hormones to keep producing milk, then slaughtered when they get too old. Their teets get abscesses that drip blood and puss into the milk you drink. Thats why the people who regulate milk have allowed a certain percentage of blood/puss to be in milk so that this mass production can continue. Its the same reason food regulators allow bugs, rat dropping and other stuff into food, because they dont want to shut down a whole production line for 1 candy bar.

Chickens beaks and wings are clipped, they sit in one spot for their entire life, they they too are killed and eaten. Some "free range" places have a little pen outside that can fit a few chickens at a time, but compared to the thousands of chickens in the warehouse, most will never see the light of day.
this is sort of true, and sort of not. It is true of most mass market inexpensive at the grocery store milk and eggs, however there are organic/natural milk and eggs available at certain types of stores where this isnt the case. Oddly enough for some reason more clean goat milk is available than cows milk. But i'll agree that the TG Lee or other milk you buy in the grocery store is like that :)

864gnohp

864gnohp

Awards
Nah, thats ridiculous. Milking a cow or retrieving a chickens egg does no harm to the animal. In the case of the eggs particularly (using eggs from free range chickens as the example) you are merely practicing population control, so it is a positive to take the eggs.

but you all are making me want a slice of last nights top roast with an over easy egg on it :D
The thing is that these people go after dairy industry as fervently, if not more so, as the meat industry. Exactly 0.000000000000005% of eggs in this country come from free range chickens. The definition of "free range" is pretty open to interpretation as well...just because a package says that doesn't necessary mean the eggs were produced in manner that most would consider "free range."

People need to educate themselves rather than believing the hype/marketing.

I'm just educating here not attacking.:wiggle:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

haha, loco moco style... ah easy? ono :food:

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
Why are we so concerned with what another person does or does not eat? His actions do not directly affect any one of us... A question was asked, and the person called out has answered. There is no point in ridiculing just because you see a different point of view. :djparty:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone has pretty much stopped the ridiculing we are speaking on the topic of eating meat now.

Why do we care where someone else lives or what they do for a living on this site either? We still ask those questions so i dont see why its a bad thing to ask someone why they dont eat meat.

Posting videos of working out with horrible form doesnt effect us either but we comment on it to help someone out.

864gnohp

864gnohp

Awards
And you have been to a commercial farm like purdue?
Well let see here...I grew up on a family farm that produced 60K+ hogs-per-year and we farm 5K acres. When I was in high school we made the switch from farrowing outside in quansets to a more production based set up (because our vet bill was topping 20k per year). When planning the new facility we toured huge farms in Iowa and Nebraska. As the FFA adviser at the high school where I taught we toured farms egg/chicken/dairy across the state of Michigan. My ex-gf was a professor at Michigan State University in the Ag department, lets just say I know what the MSU farms look like. I have a JD and MS from the #1 or #2 environmental law school in the country and have been involved in various ag related issues. Need I go on...

Even "family" farms will slaughter cows by cutting the kneck in half, while they're upside down, so that the blood drains out quickly. To keep the meat more fresh, so the blood doesnt coagulate in the muscle.

It the kind of noise that haunts dreams when you hear an animal scream out as it gargles its own blood.
Yep, I've experienced it, only once though. I was probably about 10 at the time and a couple of hogs had to be slaughtered so they could be checked by the vet. It was definitely eye opening. I turned out pretty normal. You don't even want to know how many pigs I have castrated using a nothing but a razorblade.:wiggle:

Your replies read like they have been taken directly from the PETA website. As far as dairy and GH, it is really a non-issue at this point, but you wouldn't know that from the activist's continued harping on the issue. Yes, it does cause "some" problems if not administered correctly but actual studies don't really support a widespread/systemic problem. Really, those opposed to the use of GH have taken the wrong position on the issue by playing on peoples fears of animal and human health (not just the Bush administration is/was good at using fear). Honestly, it would have been much more successful to take the economic position that Posilac/GH is unnecessary. There is already too much milk, why produce more. In any case its use is on its way out due to consumer demand and economic factors.

Udder infections happen no matter how milk is produced and are no more common statistically on large farms than small. Hell, I visited some small/organic farms in Vermont that I would not want to drink the milk from. They were down right scary. I won't even get into their complete lack of manure management.

Let me finish by saying that most if not all farmers would love to switch to an older model of "farming" if people were willing to pay for the cost of conversion, accept the resulting serious increase in food prices, and accept the need to put more land into production. Unfortunately, we have become accustomed to cheap food and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Just educating...maybe I need to find a job in Ag law...

Dan

Last edited:
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know a few people that only eat kosher meats because they are against animal cruelty. I personally only eat eggs from an egg farm that's about 20 miles from my house, chicken from a slaughterhouse near me, wild fish and grass-fed beef.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I think one of the biggest issues here is the difference in peoples viewpoints on the topic of evolution. I'm not gonna get into it about evolution, but it is very easy to see why people would have different views if they did/didn't believe in evolution.

Fact of the matter: If another species could create tools and ways to breed other animals to feed their own would they do it? The answer is a resounding yes, it comes down to looking out for #1.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Guys they are animals! Who cares, they taste amazing! Why is evryone so worried about how they are raised. That is ther only way we can keep upt with the demand for meat. They may not be treated exactly the way they should be but they are not people. Look at all the countries where people get slaughtered everyday by guerillas and gerenally bad people. I don't hear you guys crying about that sh1t. Yet some of you will go on and on about how cows are treated badly.ITS A COW. If you really want to be a boyscout go save some people or worry about them not my next meal.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i would be worried about animal cruelty........but i've been pre-occupied with blackfish's lack of sex.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think one of the biggest issues here is the difference in peoples viewpoints on the topic of evolution. I'm not gonna get into it about evolution, but it is very easy to see why people would have different views if they did/didn't believe in evolution.

Fact of the matter: If another species could create tools and ways to breed other animals to feed their own would they do it? The answer is a resounding yes, it comes down to looking out for #1.
point me out any other animal besides man that has omnivore or carnivore teeth yet is vegetarian

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guys they are animals! Who cares, they taste amazing! Why is evryone so worried about how they are raised. That is ther only way we can keep upt with the demand for meat. They may not be treated exactly the way they should be but they are not people. Look at all the countries where people get slaughtered everyday by guerillas and gerenally bad people. I don't hear you guys crying about that sh1t. Yet some of you will go on and on about how cows are treated badly.ITS A COW. If you really want to be a boyscout go save some people or worry about them not my next meal.
I love animals. I love them sauteed, i love them deep fried, I love them grilled, some of them I even love boiled or baked.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
my best friend said "if God didn"t want us to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them taste so good"

ilovelamp

Awards
if god dind't want men to rape women, he wouldn't have made them so hot.

purebred

great post:
This is my take on the matter:
"It is not what goes into the mouth that makes a person unclean. It is what comes out of the mouth that makes a person unclean." Matthew 15:11
i just don't understand why people don't just live and let live. we're all guilty of hypocrisy/cognitive dissonance. before we point the finger, let's see if we can achieve perfection ourselves first so we can truly be eligible to pass judgment on others.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yes, thats a very sad video, however those are animals. They are a part of evolution, and in nature they kill and eat each other. Its what they exist for. the fact that individuals treat them poorly is something to be said about those individuals, however it has nothing to do with whether we eat them or not.

Look at your teeth, they are not the teeth of an herbivore, they are the teeth of an omnivore :)
I take it your not religious. Not a big deal.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
they would be bigger if the ate meat. Soy lowers test.
What published studies shows that it did lower test levels as I am in the normal range. Lower but still in the normal range and I consume soy all the time. MY brother that consumes soy every day has a even higher test level of 680. He is bigger than me and stronger than me.

ilovelamp

Awards
What published studies shows that it did lower test levels as I am in the normal range. Lower but still in the normal range and I consume soy all the time. MY brother that consumes soy every day has a even higher test level of 680. He is bigger than me and stronger than me.
Because he eats meat too?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My roommate drinks about 12-18 beers every night and weighs about 280 (he had a full ride to Texas as a DT before he dislocated his elbow) and throws around more weight than most. The point is a one person sample size is terrible reasoning.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I made this thread because DJ was avoiding the question and said if we wanted to talk about it to make a new thread... so i did.

Im not hear to cause a flame war although it is entertaining. I wish DJ would be more involved in the conversations tho. :(

jakelpet you are too much! :toofunny:
So why don't you kill your own dogs cats and cows than eat them so you at can say you did it and feel good about killing another living creature.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh while your at it eat some

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was raised with religion, but gave it up :)

My great grandparents lived kosher, so I understood it, and even the rationale for it.
Nice
Are you Jewish? Most my supplements I take 95% other than the AMS products they are all Kosher. The Doctor I work with is orthodox so we always recommend Kosher supplements.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice
Are you Jewish? Most my supplements I take 95% other than the AMS products they are all Kosher. The Doctor I work with is orthodox so we always recommend Kosher supplements.
If they are not certified Kosher, then they are not Kosher.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice
I'm agnostic, was raised jewish. I do enjoy a lot of the kosher foods, the frozen kosher ribeye steaks are better than most grocery store non-frozen ribeyes. Its hard to be hummus on top of an everything matzoh too, maybe with a hair of tabouleh. I've lately gotten into a kick of general middle eastern food, found a nice market near me that carries a mix of EVERYTHING. Got some nice halvah with pistachios for cheats :D and a bit of different spices and seasonings. plus they sell lamb there cheap

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
So why don't you kill your own dogs cats and cows than eat them so you at can say you did it and feel good about killing another living creature.
so you don't condone hunting either? Nothing better than some venison.