DJBeanPole's LICOGENIX + Athletix STACK Log of Awesomeness W/ BLOODS!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been following, just kinda all over the place and check at work a lot so it is hard to always respond...

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This has been an amazing log, amazing updates and pics, really shocked not more people are in on this log, a bunch of lurkers out there tho lol

Keep up the good work man!
Workouts look OK? What about tomorrow back/bi routine? Should I really be doing all of those rows? Or maybe pick like 2 of them?

And my legs are suffering from DOMS big time. I tried foam rolling them today and it only helped a little. I'm thinking about getting a massage tomorrow after the gym to help with that. I remember when I first started powerlifting my legs felt just like this. Took them like a month to get used to the routine!

DJ

Oh btw I've cracked open that second Lico bottle ;)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im a row fanatic man! I love over doing rows! Looking up that is a bit much on back tho. Try rotating your rows weekly or monthly rather then that high of volume.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im a row fanatic man! I love over doing rows! Looking up that is a bit much on back tho. Try rotating your rows weekly or monthly rather then that high of volume.
Yea I figured. A ton of rows. Think I'll pick a few and rotate them around each week. I like that plan! I've actually never done bent over rows or the T-Bar rows so I'm gonna hafta watch some youtube vids on form first ;)

Thx for checking it out. Oh and lurkers, don't be afraid!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's a quick comparison since when I first started:

START:

NOW:
IMAG0297.jpg

He's LEANING up!!! LEANING ON UP!!!

:D

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Looking lean brother!!!! Doing great...keep it up!!! :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like some improvement was made for sure man! Keep it up!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workouts look OK? What about tomorrow back/bi routine? Should I really be doing all of those rows? Or maybe pick like 2 of them?

And my legs are suffering from DOMS big time. I tried foam rolling them today and it only helped a little. I'm thinking about getting a massage tomorrow after the gym to help with that. I remember when I first started powerlifting my legs felt just like this. Took them like a month to get used to the routine!

DJ

Oh btw I've cracked open that second Lico bottle ;)

Personally I like focusing more on pulldowns, closegrip pulldowns and pullups for my back, just make sure your form is good and your lower back is strong enough to take so many rows, thats how I injuried my lower back, bent over too much and lower back just wasn't strong enough to take it. Us tall guys need to keep our lower backs strong :D

Def go get a massage!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good. Nice job !

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Cant see no diff at all tbh, keep it up though respect for posting pics

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cant see no diff at all tbh, keep it up though respect for posting pics
Really ? Don't see the difference in chest, upper abs and shoulders ? Maybe you are expecting too much ?

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
There is a definite difference in the chest and lower abs. Great work so far and very impressive for a natty test booster/AI that has only been run for 3 weeks.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is a definite difference in the chest and lower abs. Great work so far and very impressive for a natty test booster/AI that has only been run for 3 weeks.
Agreed

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can see a difference as well. Keep up the good work.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks fellas. MiniArnold I'm gonna have to prove you wrong ;)!

Going to do back/biceps here in a bit. Gotta call the massage place and see if they can fit me in today.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At least MiniArnold responded to you lol. He didn't check my final review :(

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks fellas. MiniArnold I'm gonna have to prove you wrong ;)!

Going to do back/biceps here in a bit. Gotta call the massage place and see if they can fit me in today.
I find the abs and waist look leaner for sure.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL. Its always assumed no homo fellas ;)

In other news, I accepted an offer on my house! Woohoo!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No massage today. Place was all booked up. Oh well. Woke up w/ the legs feeling better anyway!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy hell what a workout. Just now leaving the gym. An interesting...no...more like surprising update to come.

DJ

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't wait !
Ok here we go!

BACK/BIS

Deadlift: 135x16, 225x10, 275x8, 275x8, then I said AW **** IT and DID 315x5. I could not effin' believe it. Came up so easy and felt SO GOOD. That's the big surprise. I haven't deadlifted in a LONG time (2yrs?) and I threw that up? Hooooo boy!
Bent Over Row: 85x12,10,8
One Arm DB Row: 50x10,10,10 ... the sweat really started to pour here. It looked like I was doing cardio! Dripping EVERYWHERE.
Seated Wide Cable Row: 90x12,10,9
Close Grip Pulldown: 130x12,12 145x8
Deadhang Pullup w/ Assist: BW-120x6,6 BW-135x6
DB Bicep Curl: 35x10,8
Preacher Curl: 40x10,12
Hammer Curl: 40x6, 30x10

I can already feel the soreness kicking in. I'm still smiling at the deadlift. I couldn't believe it. This might be my favorite workout day :)

Stay tuned. DJ

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice workout! Congrats on the deads, very nice numbers.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you sir. Off day tomorrow and Saturday. Chest/Tris on Sunday!

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Great effort with the deadlift. They're never going to be easy when you're 6'9".

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok here we go!

BACK/BIS

Deadlift: 135x16, 225x10, 275x8, 275x8, then I said AW **** IT and DID 315x5. I could not effin' believe it. Came up so easy and felt SO GOOD. That's the big surprise. I haven't deadlifted in a LONG time (2yrs?) and I threw that up? Hooooo boy!
Bent Over Row: 85x12,10,8
One Arm DB Row: 50x10,10,10 ... the sweat really started to pour here. It looked like I was doing cardio! Dripping EVERYWHERE.
Seated Wide Cable Row: 90x12,10,9
Close Grip Pulldown: 130x12,12 145x8
Deadhang Pullup w/ Assist: BW-120x6,6 BW-135x6
DB Bicep Curl: 35x10,8
Preacher Curl: 40x10,12
Hammer Curl: 40x6, 30x10

I can already feel the soreness kicking in. I'm still smiling at the deadlift. I couldn't believe it. This might be my favorite workout day :)

Stay tuned. DJ
Amazing !!!
Nice job. That a lot of weight to bring up and like the previous poster said, you being 6'9" and all it's more amazing.

sae2110

sae2110

Awards
Excellent job on those deads sir!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you guys for the kind words. I was very happy with myself that day.

Sorry for the format, but I'm responding from my phone. Today I lifted solo so I went with all DBs where I could.

CHEST/TRIS

DB benchpress: 30x 16,16 65x12,10,8

Incline DB press: 50x10,10,9 25x10dropset

DB pullover: 50x10,10

DB fly: 25x16,16

Fly machine: 130x16,12,12

Skullcrushers: 40x12,12

Dips: BWx10,9

Tricep pushdowns: 90x12, 120x10

Cable/no attachment triceps pulldown: 20x 12, 12 really hits the inner head of the triceps

Didn't feel as sore afterwards. Probably could have gone for more weight in benchpress. Thought about doing decline BP but was pushed for time. Pullover felt pointless as did the flies. Skullcrusher can easily go up in weight. Still feeling and looking good. Gonna take a pic each Friday for updates from now on. Probably getting blood test here in about a week as I'm.about to run out of div1 and titaniumxl.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Off day today fellas. I accidently took 3 Lico this morning when I woke up... noticed a very strange feeling in my arms/chest. You know sometimes when you do cardio and go real hard, and then you suddenly stop, and you can feel your heart beating in your chest and feel the blood pumping through your arms? It was kind of like that, but instead of a nice solid flow of blood it felt like it was almost like someone was squeezing a washrag and it was being forcefully pushed through my arms and chest, but very slowly. Not so much to the tune of the heartbeat, but at a much slower pace. Didn't hurt or anything, just felt weird. Like I could literally feel the nutrients flowing around to the muscle. I kind of liked it ;) Nothing new to add in today. I had to take some stuff out of my fiance's house and put it into my car to take it to a dumpset and I caught glimpses of my reflection off of the car window and I must say I think I've noticed quite the improvements to my body's physique. Looks slightly more cut and developed than before. Picture Friday. Titanium XL and Div1 are about to run out so I will be getting a blood test here at the end of the week and see how that good ol' testosterone looks. I may go hit up the Shoulders tomorrow but I put myself down for OT tomorrow night so I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice the sleep or not. We'll see how I feel when I get up at 2PM tomorrow afternoon ;)!

Stay tuned!

DJ

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just noticed my LEGS day post has disappeared... WTF? The forums went crazy awhile ago and they musth have vanished. Here is what I did off the top of my head:

SQUATS: 135x10, 150x10,10,10 (goal)

FRONT SQUATS: BARx10, 70x10, 75x10

LEG PRESS: 135x10, 275x10,10,10 (goal)

SEATED CALF RAISE: 90x20, 100x20

STANDING CALF RAISE: 150x20 slow, 135x16 fast

GLUTE-HAM RAISE: BWx12, BW+25x12

I think thats it? Cool down treadmill walk 4mph @ 5% incline for 15 minutes. Really helped get rid of the DOMS.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Off day today fellas. I accidently took 3 Lico this morning when I woke up... noticed a very strange feeling in my arms/chest. You know sometimes when you do cardio and go real hard, and then you suddenly stop, and you can feel your heart beating in your chest and feel the blood pumping through your arms? It was kind of like that, but instead of a nice solid flow of blood it felt like it was almost like someone was squeezing a washrag and it was being forcefully pushed through my arms and chest, but very slowly. Not so much to the tune of the heartbeat, but at a much slower pace. Didn't hurt or anything, just felt weird. Like I could literally feel the nutrients flowing around to the muscle. I kind of liked it ;) Nothing new to add in today. I had to take some stuff out of my fiance's house and put it into my car to take it to a dumpset and I caught glimpses of my reflection off of the car window and I must say I think I've noticed quite the improvements to my body's physique. Looks slightly more cut and developed than before. Picture Friday. Titanium XL and Div1 are about to run out so I will be getting a blood test here at the end of the week and see how that good ol' testosterone looks. I may go hit up the Shoulders tomorrow but I put myself down for OT tomorrow night so I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice the sleep or not. We'll see how I feel when I get up at 2PM tomorrow afternoon ;)!

Stay tuned!

DJ

I'd maybe go get that checked, I've never felt like that from running, like I've had the heavy heartbeat in the chest, but not through the arms or how you described it lol.

Yeah not sure whats going on, they seem to be doing a lot of updates, I've noticed a lot of posts seem to be missing on the forum, my pm's have been getting deleted too.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd maybe go get that checked, I've never felt like that from running, like I've had the heavy heartbeat in the chest, but not through the arms or how you described it lol.

Yeah not sure whats going on, they seem to be doing a lot of updates, I've noticed a lot of posts seem to be missing on the forum, my pm's have been getting deleted too.
JD maybe that was a bad way for me to describe it. I know its not anything bad ;) OK think of it like this... Lets say something startles you or you are suddenly surprised. Like when you round a corner and you think to yourself "there won't be anyone right around this corner I won't barrel someone over" and you round the corner and BOOM someone is actually there and you almost collide with the person... what happens? A huge surge of adrenaline bursts through your body all at once. LOL we've all had that feeling I'm sure. It was kind of like that, but MUCH slower... like a coarsing feeling. It was kind of soothing actually. I didn't feel tense or worried about it. That was all ;)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just realized that tomorrow is the final day of Titanium XL... so I'll be getting the bloods drawn Thursday morning as soon as I wake up :D! Now I'm assuming that because I've worked night shift for 3 years that my circadian rhythm has probably adjusted itself because we all know early in the MORNING is when test levels are usually the highest, and if thats the case then my MORNING is about 2-3PM in the afternoon. So thats when I'm gonna get this **** drawn. And then... PROFIT.

Can Athletix stand up to their claims ;) ;) ;)! Only time will tell!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ahaha pretty sure thats not a good feeling to get after a run! lol

Can't wait to see how this turns out, hows many days have you been on lico now?

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very curious how the bloods come out.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Hmm that's a good question. I'm on phone now heading to gym so when I get to work (if I don't get called off) ill tally that up. Stay tuned boys.

DJ

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey DJ, how do you like the easy mixing with Formula-X? I havn't seen an 8:1:1 BCAA ratio mix so damn quick like Formula-X. I'm drinking some now :D lol

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey DJ, how do you like the easy mixing with Formula-X? I havn't seen an 8:1:1 BCAA ratio mix so damn quick like Formula-X. I'm drinking some now :D lol
I love it. Mixability factor is amazing. Throw it in a shaker cup and give is a few gyrations and you are good to go. Doesn't settle out unless you leave it sitting for minutes at a time which I always down mine immediately. Know what I love more though? The taste! A lot of people complain that most DAA powders are very bland and hard to take on their own. Not formula-x. I know it says pink lemonade on the label but it tastes to me more like a "diet" or light pink lemonade. Wish it was a tad sweeter but when you look at the label that's nothing compared to the great profile that it has. More than just your bcaas :)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed the taste is awesome too:)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

So I looked it up. If I get bloods drawn Thursday it'll be 30 days on the nose, but I'll still have about 1/2-3/4 the second bottle of Lico left to take. And I will continue to do so because it is delicious ;) Bloods will be drawn tomorrow after I wake up! Got the recquisition in hand!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SHOULDERS

Frickin' awesome day in the gym. Walked out sore and pumped as ****. Maximize Intense I'm sorry for losing my lose in you. It is back! I killed it today boys and felt damn good and I KNOW I have to room to move up with some of the exercises I did. Next week baby, next week.

OVERHEAD PRESS: 30x12 warm up alternating arms (so total of 24 reps), 45x9, 45x7, 35x7, 25x8, 15x10

SEATED MACHINE OVERHEAD PRESS: 95x12, 100x12, 125x12 I didn't realize there was a Hammer Strength machine for this so I'll use that next time (you slide plates onto it)

BB SHOULDER SHRUGS: 135x12, 225x12,12,12 135x20

DB SHOULDER SHRUGS: done immediately after the BB shrugs to burnout 60x12, 50x12, 40x12

LATERAL RAISES: 15x12, 20x12, 10, 12 Machine burnout 80x12

FRONT RAISES: 20x12,12,12 15x12

REAR DELT FLYS: 15x12,12,12 Machine burnout 105x12 although I wouldn't consider it a burnout. Some douche sat on there forever doing pec flys and I waited about 2 minutes to let him finish. Granted he was using the whole stack...

LOWER DELT CABLE RAISE: 20x10,10,10 each arm

FELT LIKE A BOSS! Veins were everywhere, strength was way up. I know I can improve on both the front and lateral raises. I'd like to incorporate the rear delt flys more on the machine mixed in with the DBs. And I liked to dropset/superset the shoulder press with the smith machine as well. Keep changing it up.

My current weight? 226lbs. Holy F bombs, batman!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout!
Oh man it was fantastic. I think shoulders are my favorite days. I hate leg days, but the last one I had went really well so who knows. I love it all :)

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy Punja like. Great job !