Dinosaurs in the Garden of Eden...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm all for walking. You said it best when you said "mine field".

20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

The seed is sown :) It may go both ways, but that doesn't matter to me. I love you and miss you, brother. If I don't see you here, I'll see you there ;)

Sorry for the mushy stuff :trout:
Stephen,

You are tremendously gifted in knowing scripture vs for vs by the letter. I stand on The Word with you. You are a blessing to me. I have always been envious of your gift.

But I have my own. Underneath the topsoil of a 'diseased' sexual deviant, alcoholic addict there was fertile soil where seed had been planted long before the diseased topsoil was poured on.

I am only a member of the body which we share fellowship. I can only use the tools I have been blessed with, even if it took me tremendous pains to turn those infirmities into utilities. I know that they are a blessing and a tool to reach those who are in need (thirst) when no one else might be able.

REF: motiv8er's signature

"I am not the preacher type, in the traditional sense. I would rather consider myself a living testimony. Many preach and you can tell that it is hearsay. I share my experience and testimony. If it speaks to and reaches one person of the power of God to restore the broken, deliver the imprisoned, find the lost, and heal the sickly...praise God." B5150
I will not waste my breath trying to convince those whose heads lead their walk and whose hearts are hardened, or worse yet, thumping with the pride and ego conceived in their heads. I will not cast my pearls amongst swine to be trampled and devoured by worldly knowledge and worldly wisdom. I share my testimony (plant a seed) and if it touches a mans heart it suggests to me that his heart is soft and fleshy and open to the movement of the Holy Spirit in his life. Men whose hearts are hardened to these things will reject and ridicule using every 'osophy' and 'ology' conceivable. I respect them, love them, pray for them, but I will not argue the word into their hearts. God did not argue it into mine or yours now did he.

Don't think for a second that spectators of this thread have not been blessed by you in spite of your present adversary.

Stephen, I love you and I admire you and I will stand right beside you and support you and comfort you and even wipe the wounds of your battles for His Kingdom. But in this arena I am not gifted...you are. I know without a doubt that you would stand by me in mine. I am proud of you!

Now you tell me who's the mushy one :)

The Yankees won :)

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not feeling a whole lot of impartiality from you, B5150, with that little sermon.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm speaking to Stephen. My impartiality is allowing both of you guys to do your thing. I have an opinion and a belief system of my own. I am very entitled to it. If I chose to debate it with you or use my position to control or censor this thread then I could see your point. Please don't be argumentative with me just for the sake of being argumentative. Please continue as you were.

Wait a second...you're not a Yankee fan either?!?! Now we have issues!

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I'm not feeling a whole lot of impartiality from you, B5150, with that little sermon.
He will ban me as readily as he will ban you. B's integrity cannot be questioned without some incredulity of one's own motives. His actions have shown him to be faithful to his office.
B and I, along with many here, share a special relationship. We are joint heirs with the Living Word of God, the LORD Jesus Christ. We both share in His endless love and grace, our lives transformed as He transformed the void into all we see (and don't see). Our sins, past, present and future, are forgiven unconditionally, our debt paid for by the perfect life and sacrifice Jesus Christ offered willingly. How can we not join in joy and rejoice in our King?

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I will not waste my breath trying to convince those whose heads lead their walk and whose hearts are hardened, or worse yet, thumping with the pride and ego conceived in their heads. I will not cast my pearls amongst swine to be trampled and devoured by worldly knowledge and worldly wisdom. I share my testimony (plant a seed) and if it touches a mans heart it suggests to me that his heart is soft and fleshy and open to the movement of the Holy Spirit in his life. Men whose hearts are hardened to these things will reject and ridicule using every 'osophy' and 'ology' conceivable. I respect them, love them, pray for them, but I will not argue the word into their hearts. God did not argue it into mine or yours now did he.
i know i "unsuscribed" but any who pay attention to the bottom would know ive still been lurking and with my "unsucribe" i was hoping to convey the same as above... just couldnt do it quite so eloquently, yes B, TCO does have a gift but you my friend can still make quite the beautiful, inspired post yourself.....

and TCO i too dont care how much one may tarnish my name or spit on my beliefs cause of my testimony and the Spirit has touched me beyond my ability to deny it, BUT i will not submit myself to such blasphemy if i can help it and honestly have just skimmed much of what has been written these last few lengthy posts as to refrain from having the spirit of contention enter into my heart.... i feel discusion is always welcome and very healthy.... argumentation and insults have no place here with such a sacred subject....

thanks to both of you for your faith/testimony building posts.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Oh, jesus freggin christ. Is this gawdamn thing still going? OMFG.

Anyway, I honestly don't know how anybody with a decent education can believe that Adam, Eve, and dinosaurs walked together on earth at the same time. 13C dating suggests that their lives missed one another by a factor of 1000! And, there is no way adam and eve were here a few thousand years ago because we've clearly dated 100% human skeletons back almost 200,000 years.

And, as far as whether or not God is real. That's something that can be debated forever! There is no proof either way. And I personally have no qualms with the idea that God (whatever God is) is responsible for everything we see in this universe. I just have a problem with the fact that idiots are making museums that clearly contradict every piece of unbiased scientific evidence we've collected over the past few hundred years--and we're talking nearly endless data here. That's just plain ridiculous. No, in fact, we'd need to develop a new word to describe how ridiculous that is...its more like, incrediblyfregginridiculosomuthfwcka.

Anyway, peace be with you all.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Could someone more gifted than I in mathematical interpretation explain the numbers involved here in The Crowned One's post

"In his book, Origins–A Skeptics Guide to the Creation of Life on Earth, Robert Shapiro gives a very realistic illustration of how one might estimate the odds of the spontaneous generation of life. Shapiro begins by allowing one billion years (5 x 1014 minutes) for spontaneous biogenesis. Next he notes that a simple bacterium can make a copy of itself in twenty minutes, but he assumes that the first life was much simpler. So he allows each trial assembly to last one minute, thus providing 5 x 1014 trial assemblies in 1 billion years to make a living bacterium. Next he allows the entire ocean to be used as the reaction chamber. If the entire ocean volume on planet earth were divided into reaction flasks the size of a bacterium we would have 1036 separate reaction flasks. He allows each reaction flask to be filled with all the necessary building blocks of life. Finally, each reaction chamber is allowed to proceed through one-minute trial assemblies for one billion years. The result is that there would be 1051 tries available in 1 billion years. According to Morowitz we need 10100,000,000,000 trial assemblies!"

In relation to the number of minutes in a billion years times the lookup I just did of ~ 1.35 billion cubic kilometers of ocean that currently exists times the thousands of potential bacteria per cubic centimeter?

Off the top of my obtuse head, I'm wondering if the astronomically improbable single event might have met it's match versus the astronomical number of potential trial assemblies.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
He's simply stating that by that persons figures, its improbable life spontaneously generated through semi-random chemical processes (and in truth, these processes aren't entirely random, which is a major flaw in this persons calculations).

That being said, it is still "improbable" that life spontaneously generated--even Steven Hawking said he wouldn't have expected life so early in our universes life (post big bang).

Now, with all of that out of the way, I just wanted to clarify that how life generated has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with evolution, and even less to do with the ridiculous notion that Adam, Eve, and Dinosaurs were all walking the planet at the same time.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I understand the argument being made, just not the numbers involved in making it.

In that minutes in a billion years, it's stated as 5 X 1014, I can jib that with the 525.6 trillion minutes that I calculate. Same for 1036 reaction flasks and the 1051 tries.

525.6 trillion is not 5 to the 1014 power.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really don't want to contradict myself and get into this debate. But as an intelligent individual I have a brain to think and reason for myself. I would never be as blasphemous as to say that the Bible is not the true word of God, but I am intelligent enough to ponder the literality of the verbage and the translation that can be interpreted if someone so desire.

Genesis 1:1-31

"And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl [that] may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

My point is, I can create an environment that would let my child become an honor role student.

I can support or facilitate the conditions that let my son develop skills in his youth that ultimately allow him to become a MLB ball player.

I also have the ability to donate sperm via intercourse that bring together a seed and an egg in my wifes uterus. I by no means have any ownership in the process that takes place afterward. I did not create that baby.

My point is that I am not the creator of the end result, I am the provider of the condition, environment and ingredient that allow the end result to become.

Now the scripture does seem to the specify what God actually created, but it does seem to leave room for contradiction or at least it implies a contradiction in the sense that it says let (to me, implying to do on its own) and then claims responsibility for certain specific creatures.

Now what I see about man and woman is very specific in detail and does not have that let become connotation.

But do notice that after He created man and woman (Adam and Eve) in His own image it does say "and replenish the earth" (replenish: to make full or complete again). This suggests to me that there once was something before man (Adam and Eve) was created that is no longer present at the time of their creation.

Again, I don't desire to contradict myself by engaging in this debate. But as a Christian, who believes that the Bible is the divine word of God, I do believe that I am also precluded to make assumptions on a literal application to fit my own agenda.

I am a Christian who has a brain. I can decipher information for myself. Am I saying that the Bible is flawed? No. Anything I conjure up from the text that does not make sense I am entitled to question and wonder about. God does not fear my curiosity, ignorance or incompetence. Just as my children ask me questions that I cannot answer now because they cannot understand, so maybe it is the same with me and My Creator.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
B and I, along with many here, share a special relationship. We are joint heirs with the Living Word of God, the LORD Jesus Christ. We both share in His endless love and grace, our lives transformed as He transformed the void into all we see (and don't see). Our sins, past, present and future, are forgiven unconditionally, our debt paid for by the perfect life and sacrifice Jesus Christ offered willingly. How can we not join in joy and rejoice in our King?
Amen Brother

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I really don't want to contradict myself and get into this debate. But as an intelligent individual I have a brain to think and reason for myself. I would never be as blasphemous as to say that the Bible is not the true word of God, but I am intelligent enough to ponder the literality of the verbage and the translation that can be interpreted if someone so desire.

Genesis 1:1-31

"And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl [that] may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

My point is, I can create an environment that would let my child become an honor role student.

I can support or facilitate the conditions that let my son develop skills in his youth that ultimately allow him to become a MLB ball player.

I also have the ability to donate sperm via intercourse that bring together a seed and an egg in my wifes uterus. I by no means have any ownership in the process that takes place afterward. I did not create that baby.

My point is that I am not the creator of the end result, I am the provider of the condition, environment and ingredient that allow the end result to become.

Now the scripture does seem to the specify what God actually created, but it does seem to leave room for contradiction or at least it implies a contradiction in the sense that it says let (to me, implying to do on its own) and then claims responsibility for certain specific creatures.

Now what I see about man and woman is very specific in detail and does not have that let become connotation.

But do notice that after He created man and woman (Adam and Eve) in His own image it does say "and replenish the earth" (replenish: to make full or complete again). This suggests to me that there once was something before man (Adam and Eve) was created that is no longer present at the time of their creation.

Again, I don't desire to contradict myself by engaging in this debate. But as a Christian, who believes that the Bible is the divine word of God, I do believe that I am also precluded to make assumptions on a literal application to fit my own agenda.

I am a Christian who has a brain. I can decipher information for myself. Am I saying that the Bible is flawed? No. Anything I conjure up from the text that does not make sense I am entitled to question and wonder about. God does not fear my curiosity, ignorance or incompetence. Just as my children ask me questions that I cannot answer now because they cannot understand, so maybe it is the same with me and My Creator.
The correct term to describe this line of thinking is "Christian appologist". You admit that the literal meaning of what is written in the bible doesn't make sense so you try to find an interpretation of it that still fits what you think is true about the world. Personally though I think this line of thinking is far less dangerous than those who blindly follow the literal word of a particular dogmatic text without question no matter how much proof is shown that what they are following is false. This line of thinking you've taken shows you clearly have the ability to reason and use it greatly but have compartmentalized this one line of thinking.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The correct term to describe this line of thinking is "Christian appologist". You admit that the literal meaning of what is written in the bible doesn't make sense so you try to find an interpretation of it that still fits what you think is true about the world. Personally though I think this line of thinking is far less dangerous than those who blindly follow the literal word of a particular dogmatic text without question no matter how much proof is shown that what they are following is false. This line of thinking you've taken shows you clearly have the ability to reason and use it greatly but have compartmentalized this one line of thinking.
Well in this particular case and in this particular translation (KJV) that is what I believe I have done. But what I am trying to imply is (which I gather you can deduce) that the Creator is a facilitator and has employed processes inherent in His creation that allow things to become without His direct specific influence. As was discussed previously we all have 'faith' that our own reason and or logic are conclusive. I also have faith that we all can be reasonable and logical about our differences and be amiable in our discourse.

"Two men claim to be Jesus, one of them must be wrong"

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
there is no way adam and eve were here a few thousand years ago because we've clearly dated 100% human skeletons back almost 200,000 years.
I mentioned this before in this thread. When someone wrote in the Bible about creation of earth in 6 days, technically there was no definision of time in the beginning and those 6 days mentioned in the Bible could easily be 6 billion years, which is easily explains evolution. I always believed evolution took it's place, but it doesn't disprove God's existance and I'm not sure where the idea about world only 2000 years old come from. Is it really says so in the Bible or people think that because the Bible itself only few thousand years old?

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Every evangelical (and a few others) out there swears the Earth is 6000 years old, and this is what they want taught in schools.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Every evangelical (and a few others) out there swears the Earth is 6000 years old, and this is what they want taught in schools.
There's enough of them, and they have enough money to spend 27 million dollars building a museum about it.

That is afterall what this thread started about.

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry to see this thread becoming a religious hijacking

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It was about religion to begin with. It's about the Creation .... "Museum" that was built.
I understand but it seems to have become more of an "I love Jesus" thread than anything else, so it is not the least bit intellectually stimulating at this point

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I understand but it seems to have become more of an "I love Jesus" thread than anything else, so it is not the least bit intellectually stimulating at this point

Yeah, it certainly does contain a big steaming pile of appeal to emotion fallacies.

The idea of A gives me warm fuzzies
So A is true

Funny how these same people don't all seem to think they've won the powerball or other similar "good" things.

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it certainly does contain a big steaming pile of appeal to emotion fallacies.

The idea of A gives me warm fuzzies
So A is true

Funny how these same people don't all seem to think they've won the powerball or other similar "good" things.
OOOOOOOHHHHHH powerball, now I got the warm and fuzzies

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He will ban me as readily as he will ban you. B's integrity cannot be questioned without some incredulity of one's own motives. His actions have shown him to be faithful to his office.
even though any word i speak on here is a danger to myself since our "impartial" moderator seems to be just as into the sermons as you are..here it goes

you seem to ahve a lot of "faith" in christianity. are you aware that there are 100's of religions? what about muhammed? i can tell you at least 5 creation stories off the top of my head. anyone from those religions will defend their creation story just as zealously as you.

what makes you think youre correct? what makes you think christianity is correct? what makes you think jesus is indeed the one and only savior? other religions have similiar figures.

you cant all be right...can you?

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
even though any word i speak on here is a danger to myself since our "impartial" moderator seems to be just as into the sermons as you are..here it goes

you seem to ahve a lot of "faith" in christianity. are you aware that there are 100's of religions? what about muhammed? i can tell you at least 5 creation stories off the top of my head. anyone from those religions will defend their creation story just as zealously as you.

what makes you think youre correct? what makes you think christianity is correct? what makes you think jesus is indeed the one and only savior? other religions have similiar figures.

you cant all be right...can you?
That's always bothered me too. What if I did decide to believe in a "god"? What if I picked the wrong one? That could be worse than not believing in anybody.

Makes me wonder what was said to Ghandi at the pearly gates??

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let me make something clear to you ONE MORE TIME. I have a problem with your mouth. OK? YOU call people stupid, idiot and other less becoming names. Get it through your thick skull DUDE. DON'T MAKE ME TELL YOU AGAIN. I am partial to YOUR unacceptable BEHAVIOR. You make mention of my moderating or my impartiality ONE MORE TIME or call anyone a NAME ONE MORE TIME YOU ARE GONE. AM I CLEAR? Your big mouth needs to shut up if you can't speak with respect to people with differing points of view. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. YES you are a danger to yourself because YOU lack the ability to conduct yourself properly on this board. Period. This is not exclusive to just this thread. You have the problem and you need to fix it or I will fix it for you.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's always bothered me too. What if I did decide to believe in a "god"? What if I picked the wrong one? That could be worse than not believing in anybody.

Makes me wonder what was said to Ghandi at the pearly gates??

My own personal view is that, all things being equal, the most probably thing which happened was there are no pearly gates, he was not "judged", and jus tlike everyone else when he died, that was it.

Conciousness is most likely just a collection of complex chemical processes, nothing more. Enjoy it while it lasts.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Let me make something clear to you ONE MORE TIME. I have a problem with your mouth. OK? YOU call people stupid, idiot and other less becoming names. Get it through your thick skull DUDE. DON'T MAKE ME TELL YOU AGAIN. I am partial to YOUR unacceptable BEHAVIOR. You make mention of my moderating or my impartiality ONE MORE TIME or call anyone a NAME ONE MORE TIME YOU ARE GONE. AM I CLEAR? Your big mouth needs to shut up if you can't speak with respect to people with differing points of view. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. YES you are a danger to yourself because YOU lack the ability to conduct yourself properly on this board. Period. This is not exclusive to just this thread. You have the problem and you need to fix it or I will fix it for you.

there is not one insult in my above post i made very sure of it. calling someone impartial is not an insult

edit: in fact i brought up a very interesting point if you look past the first 2 lines. if you dont want me on the thread because i hold just as strongly to my views as you do, then just say it. i am at a slight disadvantage

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
My own personal view is that, all things being equal, the most probably thing which happened was there are no pearly gates, he was not "judged", and jus tlike everyone else when he died, that was it.

Conciousness is most likely just a collection of complex chemical processes, nothing more. Enjoy it while it lasts.
The was question about Ghandi was more directed at those here who believe in religion/god. What do they believe was said to Ghandi at the gates and was he let in to heaven? Afterall, he did not believe in Jesus, as far as I know.

I'm with you, I don't think there are any pearly gates, or anything behind them either.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
there is not one insult in my above post i made very sure of it. calling someone impartial is not an insult
In this case yes. You have been antagonizing, rude and have called people names. You do recall I warned you right? Don't play games with me. I have my belief system. I have not judge yours. I may think you are stupid. But I have not called you stupid. Do you want to push me? Or can you just shut your pie hole?

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Another board I belong to, not lifting related, is very adament about hostility. Their thing is you can attack the post, but not the poster. I.e. you can call the post stupid, but not the person who posted it.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In this case yes. You have been antagonizing, rude and have called people names. You do recall I warned you right? Don't play games with me. I have my belief system. I have not judge yours. I may think you are stupid. But I have not called you stupid. Do you want to push me? Or can you just shut your pie hole?
I dunno, I'd rather have my post and/or personal views called stupid than be threatened to be banned because the other person doesn't agree with what I said.

You haven't modded down Crowned one for repeatedly calling me obtuse and saying I "needed help".

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look guys. I have asked us all to be civil. I have warned everyone. I am not going to read through every post and bring my thesaurus with me to interpret every word you guys use to insult each other. Have at it. Prove how intellectual you all are by insulting each other about a belief system that none here can prove one way or the other is right or wrong.

I have lowered myself into a discussion that has always been fruitless and always will be fruitless. I'm not going to shut it down and I am not going to moderate in it again or ban anyone. Contrary to what I have demonstrated thus far I do have much more valuable things to do with my time and my personal beliefs (regardless of position) are much too valuable to cast before complete strangers for ridicule.

Anything I post about my belief system would violate my impartiality and therefor I remove myself from this discussion. When I am here at the board my position is priority to my belief system. It does not change my belief system but I am in no place to express it without being accused of being partial. Forgive me if I have offended anyone.

Enjoy yourselves. I'm done. Have a great day :)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I understand the argument being made, just not the numbers involved in making it.

In that minutes in a billion years, it's stated as 5 X 1014, I can jib that with the 525.6 trillion minutes that I calculate. Same for 1036 reaction flasks and the 1051 tries.

525.6 trillion is not 5 to the 1014 power.
They missed the power indicator.

5x10^14 was the intended number, I believe, which is about 500 trillion.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I mentioned this before in this thread. When someone wrote in the Bible about creation of earth in 6 days, technically there was no definision of time in the beginning and those 6 days mentioned in the Bible could easily be 6 billion years, which is easily explains evolution. I always believed evolution took it's place, but it doesn't disprove God's existance and I'm not sure where the idea about world only 2000 years old come from. Is it really says so in the Bible or people think that because the Bible itself only few thousand years old?
Yes, that's very true. Time as God defined it for the creation of the earth could be very different than time as we define it here and now. However, there is a huge movement of biblical literalists who entirely reject that idea and think that 6 thousand years ago adam and even walked the earth. And, regardless of all of that, the main point here is that its absolutely ridiculous to even think that adam, eve, and dinosaurs were neighbors.

I wont' ever bash anyones faith, but when people deny scientific certainties like the fact that dinosaurs lived 300,000,000 years before we did its clear that they have been painfully misguided.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
all of those dating facts rely totally on carbon dating, and even that has been proven wrong multiple times, how can we say without a doubt 300 billion years or the like and know for a fact we are right?

that aside i too dont belive that Adam and Eve were on the earth at the EXACT same time as the dinosaurs BUT i do belive across the "6 days" (i belive that this times is expressed in Gods days being MUCH longer then a day as we know it) and therefore a creation museum could easliy show both dinosaurs and Adam and Eve... now wether or not they should be side by side and even more importantly IF a caption or narrated tour expressed that they did coexist then i too would have a problem with this implication.... other then that it would be akward for them to leave dinosaurs out all together
as its obvious they were here at one point in time.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No they don't carbon dating only goes back tens of thousands of years. In any case, Carbon dating works, what fails sometimes are the people reading it. Contamination is always possible giving an artificially LATER date.

all of those dating facts rely totally on carbon dating,

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Is there a Wooly Rhino in the garden of eden?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
No they don't carbon dating only goes back tens of thousands of years. In any case, Carbon dating works, what fails sometimes are the people reading it. Contamination is always possible giving an artificially LATER date.
Yup...there are measurable isotopes which have half lifes of nearly 50billion years (3x longer than the existence of the modern universe). Isotope dating is extremely consistent and pretty damn accurate fo shizzo mah nizzo :afro: