digestible protein on a budget

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
WalMart's stuff screws up my stomack. I tried pure whey isolate, and I while my digestion took a 180 in a good way, it was a little expensive. What else is goof for post workout that is cheap?

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do you mean it screwed up your stomach? Are you lactose intolerant? More than likely the wal mart stuff is more concentrate than anything, so that could be your problem. You may have to use pure isolate, and it's not cheap, thats for sure.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean it screwed up your stomach? Are you lactose intolerant? More than likely the wal mart stuff is more concentrate than anything, so that could be your problem. You may have to use pure isolate, and it's not cheap, thats for sure.
The weird thing is that I can handle milk.

adawg4929

Awards
  • Established
I think myofusion, Dymatize elite and on whey are all really good options, its definitly not your run of the mill protein youll get from Wallmart that uses cheap concentrate that will mess up your stomach, but at the same time there also not 100% isolates that would be more expensive, i think this is a good middle ground for you.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I think myofusion, Dymatize elite and on whey are all really good options, its definitly not your run of the mill protein youll get from Wallmart that uses cheap concentrate that will mess up your stomach, but at the same time there also not 100% isolates that would be more expensive, i think this is a good middle ground for you.
thanks. Myofusion seems to be the most popular out of those trhee right now. Is it just because of marketing?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I think myofusion, Dymatize elite and on whey are all really good options, its definitly not your run of the mill protein youll get that uses cheap concentrate that will mess up your stomach, but at the same time there also not 100% isolates that would be more expensive, i think this is a good middle ground for you.
Agreed

Isolates are easy on the ole' stomach
Do you mix your protein with water or milk?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I mix it with milk. A glass of milk or two a day gives me no problem. I also have no problem with Milk + whey isolate.

adawg4929

Awards
  • Established
Agreed

Isolates are easy on the ole' stomach
Do you mix your protein with water or milk?
i generally jsut use water, i use to be a really big milk drinker but have really cut it out lately, font seem to respond so well and lately its been messing with digestion more.

Unclebuck

Awards
Other than pre/post, I don't really believe there is anything magic about whey. Go to a blend your own, or a bulk site. Good, cheap.......use the following. Milk protein isolate, soy protein, rice protein, one of the lower grades of hydro whey,whole egg or egg white protein, gemma pea protein. I didn't pull this out of my ass. There is a reason for everything. (Another time if you're interested.)

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I love LGs pea protein. Absolutely perfect digestion and I'm pretty sensative to low quality whey

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
isolate and hydro treat me nicely ;)

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Too bad Nutra's been out forever.
this is true, its cheaper if u search elsewhere ($25),tho. and the chocolate flavor is so addictive. i dont even know why but the entire taste experience and consistency just wins. its also more filling and satisfying than the other proteins

JThaR3ason

Awards
I too am pretty sensitive to most whey protein out there, i get pretty bloated from them. I just bought a tub of Myofusion and I have to say I am very pleased with it so far, zero bloat, mixes well, and tastes great. Its definitely a little more expensive but I think its worth it, considering I generally only have a shake post workout and the rest of my protein comes from my food.

JThaR3ason

Awards
You can also try using a digestive enzyme with your protein, that seems to help me out quite well.