diet for takeing a week off lifting for finals

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
I am on a bulk and trying to maintain and gain weight over the winter. I have been working out hard but need to take a week of for very important finals. Should my diet remain the same or should i cut back a meal or two from my 6 reg?

Thanks.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Cut back a bit on the carbs since you won't be lifting, just that should be fine it's only a week.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cut back a bit on the carbs since you won't be lifting, just that should be fine it's only a week.
agreed. and keep it clean generally

I like to have one eat whatever i want meal per week...during this time maybe two. During this time I also do not like to visit bodybuilding boards as I take break from all things bodybuilding if I can help it ..then when I come back I am fresh mentally, physically, emotionally.

when you are getting sick of going to the gym, numbers are going down,joints ache, feel run down it is time to take a break and I like to schedule them sooner than later anyways for mental recuperation

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
thanks i feel that finals weak is a good time for strategic deconditioning and a mental break

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
agreed. and keep it clean generally

I like to have one eat whatever i want meal per week...during this time maybe two. During this time I also do not like to visit bodybuilding boards as I take break from all things bodybuilding if I can help it ..then when I come back I am fresh mentally, physically, emotionally.

when you are getting sick of going to the gym, numbers are going down,joints ache, feel run down it is time to take a break and I like to schedule them sooner than later anyways for mental recuperation
I like the advice. I will also keep this in mind.:veryhappy:

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
yeah bro I feel you, I have my last final next week, it's been really stressful. My workout today was awful b/c I barely slept and had a 7 am final. Just lock it up man one more week!

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
yea its all good. i just didnt want to lift and be stressed w/ finals and possible get sick and all that. also i test better when i can study w/ a clear head and not be tired after lifting

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
High stress = no gains, usually. Depending on your anxiety level usually. Stress kills not only your drive, but your immunosupression system as well. When you are stressed out it's time to take a break. Taking a break is generally a great thing, even though it feels like you are failing at your goal (but hopefully passing in grades!). Your body will bounce back quite quick.

I would def decrease the carbs and even the protein shakes. You will get enough from a good natural diet.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
very true i hit the gym for a full body light workout to relieve some stress and put up a PR on 1 rep max bench press :)