Diet for my gf with Hypothyroidism

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]I am trying to develop a leaning diet for my girlfriend, but she suffers from an underactive thyroid. I was hoping I could get some help from anyone who knows about that type of thing, I know about diets and working out, but know nothing about diets with thyroid problems.

Her stats:
5' 4"
117lbs
25%ish bf
Working out 3-4 times a week for year and a half.

Good responder.

She has never had a diet, and just kinda eats what she wants. She has gotten in a more healty mindset, but still has the occasional junk food binges.

I wanna do her a 60% pro 20% carbs 20% fat diet, but not sure how that would affect her thyroid.

She currently takes pig thyroid to balance out the problem too.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thans
[/font]

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
There are some studies out there that show MCT intake stimulates proper thyroid function. Soy products have also been shown to **** with the thyroid in several studies, so get her off of soy if she likes to eat soy products.

Other than that, lots of veggies man, just pile a plate full of them for her at every meal :lol:

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Medium chain triglycerides. Cheapest source is coconut oil, best source is probably purified MCT oil. 1 tablespoon 3x/day is the dosing protocol from what I understand.

mb27

Awards
is she being treated for her hypothyroidism? If not it would be wise to get her to an endo because people with a hypo active thyroid show a 20 to 30% decrease in metabolism.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
She need more carbs, less protein and keep fats EXTREMELY clean (and low). She MUST exercise. I currently train 2 women with hypothyroidism.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
She is being treated with it, she takes pig thyroid every day to keep her thyroid levels constant and correct. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna put anything in her diet that would screw her up.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
Bobo is training my biatch with good luck so far. the pig thyroid - what is that armour?

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
are you sure she has this condition? My gf is 5'4 and weights 128 and she doesnt have it.
Maybe its just her diet. 117 isnt a lot at her ht.