Dianabol

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aight what up with dbol. Literally every gym bro is like "yo dbol is trash it's so bad for your liver and you just puff up and gain water and lose everything when you come off". Really tho? Sounds like bullshit to me. All those 70s era dudes were talking dbol and they looked pretty damn solid. Pretty sure you gain gain actual muscle with dbol. What's are the opinions of you guys

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It does what it does. On 20mg daily I puff up with fluid, pump up so bad I can’t finish easy sets, get quickly elevated strength from the quick improvements in leverage and greatly increased blood pressure, and quickly get aggravation of gyno and serious heartburn & indigestion.

If you like it, go for it. For me, it’s a quick shot of nos to break a plateau with a high side effect profile.

I do have a great mood on it though, at just 10mg even. So it’s a good occasional preWO at that dose.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can attest to the "feel good " aspect of it. When I was using it over the summer it seemed like I was always in a good mood things that made me happy all if a sudden made me happier. But looking back the water retention was actually a lot worse than I wanted to admit at the time. I was also taking 50mg a say so I'm guessing a little but PWO wouldn't be that bad. I still prefer anadrol as far as orals go.

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
Hyde says it perfectly! I personally also like it as a preworkout at 10mg because I don't get many sides with that protocol. If I take it several times a day I blow up with fluid and feel like I'm gonna die of a heart attack lol. Seriously it's not good for me to be on continuously but preworkout only on training days is pretty sweet for me?

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
To answer your question of losing all your gains well the thing is dianabol is that you blow up like a balloon which will absolutely come down so quick it SEEMS like your losing all your gains but it's more of the illusion of fullness. That said if your using it short term then you also will lose a higher percentage of actual gains? It seems like to everyone anecdotally that you need enough time for the gains to kinda settle in? I don't know if that's the correct way of thinking but it does seem correct?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can attest to the "feel good " aspect of it. When I was using it over the summer it seemed like I was always in a good mood things that made me happy all if a sudden made me happier. But looking back the water retention was actually a lot worse than I wanted to admit at the time. I was also taking 50mg a say so I'm guessing a little but PWO wouldn't be that bad. I still prefer anadrol as far as orals go.
50mg is hefty. It’s like Trest; some people can handle a ton of it but they are outliers. There’s a reason Dbol was produced in 5mg tablets originally.

Compare that to Anadrol that did actually come in 50s, which definitely produces a more potent strength boost preWO without the sides of Dbol at 50.

To answer your question of losing all your gains well the thing is dianabol is that you blow up like a balloon which will absolutely come down so quick it SEEMS like your losing all your gains but it's more of the illusion of fullness. That said if your using it short term then you also will lose a higher percentage of actual gains? It seems like to everyone anecdotally that you need enough time for the gains to kinda settle in? I don't know if that's the correct way of thinking but it does seem correct?
Yeah agreed. In general I wouldn’t expect lasting meaningful tissue accrual with only 2 weeks of androgen exposure. For any compound, I feel there has to be a bed-in period following to try to retain it. This is kind of how kickstarts work; whatever actual tissue you get up front still needs weeks behind it to mature where sufficient training loads, nutrition, & androgens are consumed. It doesn’t need to be as high, but it better still represent a significant deviation over baseline.

So running Superdrol the final 2 weeks of a cycle pre-contest makes sense for the event, but just as an off-season growth phase the actual muscle retained 6 weeks later probably won’t be much different with or without 2 weeks of orals at the end. Just my .02.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's just like every other drug. It has its place for some of us, depends on how you tollerate it. But just like all orals, they are not the best option for building muscle, injectables are. Orals are more cosmetic and strength.

The 70's did use it, a lot, and it worked just fine at the time.

In the 90's we had beepers and pay phones, they also worked just fine at the time.

Just like a smart phone is a better option over a beeper or a payphone, most injectables and other orals for that matter are a better option over dbol.

But the whole dbol is bad thing on the internet is just the same talking parrots mimicking what they heard.

It's no more good or bad then anything else "if" you handle it good.

Personally, I don't get very bloated on it.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I remember everyone talking crap about superdrol not being a “real” steroid. Everyone parroted it everywhere lol now…everyone knows better and surprise! Many UGLs have it. Always kinda wondered why UGLs never picked up phera too because it’s great but now fusion has it so it’s all good

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great for strength and recovery, terrible for killing your apatite.