• Legend!
  • Established
heavyiron

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am shocked but overjoyed at the same time. This is a historic reversal and our efforts have NOT been in vain. Keep pushing and fighting. This battle is won but we still have a war to fight

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
This is great news and happy all of the petitioning and awareness has helped push this into the light

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
As someone who absolutely loves Kratom and has found that it improves my quality of life, I am shocked and happy! I only have about 200g left so I'm glad I'm getting more time to stock up at the minimum.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It will still be banned im sure . The Congressmen that stood against it being banned weren't really opposed to Kratom itself being banned , just the procedure the DEA was using to ban it . They were clearly overstepping in the way they did it and opened the door for more overstepping. IMO Kratom has NO business ever being sold as a supp...it is a drug plain and simple

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It will still be banned im sure . The Congressmen that stood against it being banned weren't really opposed to Kratom itself being banned , just the procedure the DEA was using to ban it . They were clearly overstepping in the way they did it and opened the door for more overstepping. IMO Kratom has NO business ever being sold as a supp...it is a drug plain and simple
Yeah, the emergency scheduling was shady as F but classifying it schedule 1 is insane to me. Its nothing even remotely like Heroin or Cocaine.

I'm pretty sure everyone wants to see it safety tested and regulated for purity though.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great! Going to stock up on some Dream n Grow. Will they keep the Kratom in I wonder?

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Great! Going to stock up on some Dream n Grow. Will they keep the Kratom in I wonder?
Good question that I cannot answer. I do know they do have a bit in stock still with the kratom though and last I knew I heard firsthand info that they were going to reformulate the next batch, however I do not know if this will change now? I will keep you guys posted as this info becomes available.

Feel free to use my code "WES15" at checkout on the dream n grow. Thanx for the support!!!

EricIrons

EricIrons

Board Sponsor
Awards
What exactly am I supposed to feel on this. I tried it last night for the first time and I felt literally nothing. I had some brand that was sold at a head shop but I literally felt nothing from it.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think you want to ask some of the Kratom experts on here for strains and dosaging. I do not claim to be one at all. heavyiron would someone who can dial you in, and Im sure many others-

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Great news!!!!

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
I think you want to ask some of the Kratom experts on here for strains and dosaging. I do not claim to be one at all. heavyiron would someone who can dial you in, and Im sure many others-
I would also be interested in a good kind to try as I have never used Kratom myself and now I want to :p

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What exactly am I supposed to feel on this. I tried it last night for the first time and I felt literally nothing. I had some brand that was sold at a head shop but I literally felt nothing from it.
What was the dose? I'd say try about 5 g for the first time

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how does a naturally occurring plant become labeled as a drug to you? genuinely curious as to why you feel this way

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how does a naturally occurring plant become labeled as a drug to you? genuinely curious as to why you feel this way
Just because its naturally occurrung does not mean it should be a supplement. ESPECIALLY when the majority are using it to abuse it.
I think someone already posted that kratom had changed their life...if an opiate like product changes someone life then they have bigger problems than they think

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just because its naturally occurrung does not mean it should be a supplement. ESPECIALLY when the majority are using it to abuse it.
I think someone already posted that kratom had changed their life...if an opiate like product changes someone life then they have bigger problems than they think
just because something has certain properties doesnt make it a drug, and there have been numerous studies/statistics out there showing abuse is the least common usage for the plant. alcohol is abused, and is legal, as are cigarettes...are you saying ANYTHING than "can" be abused should be deemed a drug and made illegal?

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This ingred has no business in the supplement industry and you know it. This is a product that will before its over cast a cloud of the industry before its over. It should and will be banned no doubt about it...i think they will just use the right avenues next time but there is no way its ever going to stay legal as a supplement

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This ingred has no business in the supplement industry and you know it. This is a product that will before its over cast a cloud of the industry before its over. It should and will be banned no doubt about it...i think they will just use the right avenues next time but there is no way its ever going to stay legal as a supplement

not being able to be sold as a dietary supplement and being deemed a drug and made illegal are two very separate things IMO.

That said, until DSHEA is re-written, Kratom absolutely should be able to be sold as a dietary supplement as it perfectly fits the classification of one.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
not being able to be sold as a dietary supplement and being deemed a drug and made illegal are two very separate things IMO.

That said, until DSHEA is re-written, Kratom absolutely should be able to be sold as a dietary supplement as it perfectly fits the classification of one.
Let me ask you this VT. When your kids are teenagers do you want Kratom to be readily available?? (What how you answer i may call child protective services on you. :D)

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
can someone explain to me what is the big deal about Kratom does it give you a euphoric like high or something, how is it dangerous, whats it really intended for

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would rather have my child experiment with kratom over other similar pharmacy drugs or even weed. Moderation is the key lol

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IDK about over weed, but considering the current opiate epidemic: Kratom > Pharmaceuticals

Know I will watch my kids like a hawk come the time...If I ever have some.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ehh yeah the weed is a stretch, but Id put it about on the same level. Take what I say with a grain of salt I've never tried it before, but Im certainly interested. The different strains confuses the hell out of me and its too expensive to buy all of them.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
I will post what I posted in another thread here

Carl Sagan recommendation :) As possibly one of his biggest fans, I own nearly every work he ever wrote/contributed in. :D

"The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.” -C. Sagan

From an Essay many years back now, I suspect he would be in defense of Kratom.

In released documents on his death

The letter continues touching on other issues and drugs, in a series of questions. Carl Sagan was an advocate for the legalization under various names he wrote in the "High Times" and many other publicans and letter's.

If I had kids I would not care if they used either Kratom or Pot Infact, I find it laughable that some have considered pot/weed to be off limits or worse in someway than anything.. I mean seriously... why.

Aspirin kills people, every year people die from it intentionally or unintentionally; by that alone it kills massively more people than pot ever will. Caffeine has killed a few people so by that alone it has already done more harm than pot will ever do. The drug war is the real crime combined with the massive ignorance on addiction and stupidity of simply rehashing propaganda.

Wouldn't want big pharma to take hit on their synthetic THC I mean.. what would they do than? I mean Bayer is out to give the world AIDS but that coo.. Pot tho o **** watch out.. lol

What worries me is the massive ignorance

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I personally have no problem with pot! will light some up occasionally, much better for you than drinking lol. Do not think I am anti pot. I just think pot and kratom can both be acceptable when not abused

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Education is what is lacking period and people simply taking propaganda as factual information I mean this is 2016 for fk sake... You got the internet and ability to look up factual information and yet it's still looked at by many as an "Evil Drug" lol

The war on drugs will never win it is/was setup to punish minorities and now its a money maker with for profit private prisons which also happens to be the US answer for mental health I mean let's just create more slaves.. Putting Kratom on Sched 1 would have made millions overnight into criminals which is what making any drug illegal has done. We are criminalizing human behavior and disease.

We should be doing better.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Quoting "Pogue" on this as he has posted a wealth of information regarding this; and I figured it should be shared.

So yes, for all the naysayers that said that this would never happen, the DEA rescinded their emergency scheduling - at least temporarily until public comment.

Here is a message from the Drug Policy Alliance (DPA) about it: The DEA Blinked on the Fight Against Kratom - Pastebin.com

But there is still work to do. Basically, once the DEA opens up for public comments, we need to go to https://www.regulations.gov/ and submit a public comment on why we feel kratom should not be banned.

Withdrawal of Notice of Intent; Solicitation of Comments.
SUMMARY: On August 31, 2016, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
published in the Federal Register a notice of intent to temporarily place mitragynine and
7-hydroxymitragynine, which are the main psychoactive constituents of the plant
Mitragyna speciosa, also referred to as kratom, into schedule I pursuant to the temporary
scheduling provisions of the Controlled Substances Act.

Since publishing that notice, DEA has received numerous comments from members of the public challenging the scheduling action and requesting that the agency consider those comments and accompanying information before taking further action. In addition, DEA will receive from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) a scientific and medical evaluation and
scheduling recommendation for these substances, which DEA previously requested.
DEA is therefore taking the following actions: DEA is withdrawing the August 31,
2016 notice of intent; and soliciting comments from the public regarding the scheduling
of mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine under the Controlled Substances Act.

DATES: The notice of intent that was published on August 31, 2016 (81 FR 59929) is
withdrawn as of [INSERT DATE OF PUBLICATION]. The comment period will be
open until December 1, 2016. All comments for the public record must be submitted
electronically or in writing in accordance with the procedures outlined below. Electronic
comments must be submitted, and written comments must be postmarked, on or before
December 1, 2016. Commenters should be aware that the electronic Federal Docket
Management System will not accept comments after 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the last
day of the comment period. Please note that if you previously submitted a comment via
email or regular mail following the August 31, 2016 notice, that comment is being
considered by DEA – it is not necessary to resubmit the same comment unless you wish
to provide additional information, or you wish to have your comment posted for public
view in accordance with the instructions provided below.

ADDRESSES: To ensure proper handling of comments, please reference “Docket No.
DEA-442W” on all correspondence, including any attachments.
 Electronic comments: The Drug Enforcement Administration encourages
that all comments be submitted electronically through the Federal eRulemaking Portal,
which provides the ability to type short comments directly into the comment field on the
Web page or attach a file for lengthier comments. Please go to
http://www.regulations.gov and follow the online instructions at that site for submitting comments. Upon completion of your submission, you will receive a Comment Tracking Number for your comment. Please be aware that submitted comments are not instantaneously available for public view on Regulations.gov. If you have received a Comment Tracking Number, your comment has been successfully submitted and there is no need to resubmit the same comment.
 Paper comments: Paper comments that duplicate the electronic
submission are not necessary and are discouraged. Should you wish to mail a paper
comment in lieu of an electronic comment, it should be sent via regular or express mail
to: Drug Enforcement Administration, Attn: DEA Federal Register
Representative/ODW, 8701 Morrissette Drive, Springfield, Virginia 22152.
Full text: https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2016-24659.pdf

So, as mentioned by the DPA, the DEA blinked for the first time in their history of emergency scheduling a drug. Never before have they backed down from an emergency schedule order, so this is very good news. So, DO NOT GIVE UP!

We overwhelmed our government with letters, comments, phone calls, faxes and our voices were heard. Our voices need to be heard again to ensure that kratom is not placed on the DEA's schedule list. We can do this if we organize and say to the DEA: We, as free Americans, do not accept your decision to take away a substance that is beneficial to us, beneficial to society as a whole, and is scientifically proven to be safe and effective for pain management and opiate/opioid withdrawal. Your lies about kratom have been exposed for all to see and we will not stand for this.

Once the period for regulations opens, we need to send them a message telling them our personal experience with kratom - how it has benefited our lives from pain, opioid addiction, helped with PTSD, depression, anxiety, or however it has helped you (if you use kratom). Explain to them the positive effects it has had on your lives and the negative effects it will have if they take it away.

Here's the main points I feel we need to make
  1. Kratom is a botanical herb that should be regulated by the FDA as it falls under the DSHEA and not under the jurisdiction of the DEA
  2. No one has died from just using kratom Kratom Banned by the DEA? : snopes.com
  3. Kratom has been used for hundreds of years by people in South East Asia as a substitute for coffee, a pain reliever, and prior to work for both. No one has been reported as dying from this usage.
  4. We have an opioid/opiate death epidemic in this country. According to the CDC In 2014, 61% (28,647, data not shown) of drug overdose deaths involved some type of opioid, including heroin. Increases in Drug and Opioid Overdose Deaths — United States, 2000–2014
    Kratom can help fight this epidemic and if we need more science to demonstrate this, then schedule I is the wrong place to put it to demonstrate this. The Incoherence of Schedule I | Cato @ Liberty
  5. We already know big pharma is fighting to keep medical marijuana legal in this country, more than likely they are doing the same to kratom. Unfortunately, there is no way prove this. However, if you visit opensecrets.org you can discover who your representative is getting their funding from. Healthcare is one of the major sources of campaign contributions to a lot of these congressmen & women. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/07/13/one-striking-chart-shows-why-pharma-companies-are-fighting-legal-marijuana/
  6. American has the largest prison population in the world, y adding another drug to the DEA scheduling list will turn previously law abiding citizens into potential felons (if they are convicted) and with mandatory minimums they will be forced into prison for a long time if they are caught with schedule I substances. United States of America | World Prison Brief & Drug Laws And Snitching - A Primer | Snitch | FRONTLINE | PBS

Don't give in to defeatism!!! We can still beat this if we put in the effort to say to the DEA STOP. We also need to write another email/letter to our Senators and Congressman and let our feelings be heard. Calling them is also a very good idea.

Here are my responses to bogus responses I got about kratom from Senator Feinstein and Congressman Sam Johnson. Feel free to use these as inspiration or source material for replies to your own Senators/Congressmen (although I'd prefer you not copy them directly and modify them to fit your own situation) https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comments/55ezp4/my_response_to_house_representative_sam_johnsons/
https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comments/552xn0/my_reply_to_senator_feinsteins_prewritten/

Here are some other ways you can help:
Here is a thread from Reddit regarding the commenting period and what to do when it begins written by the AKA: https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comments/574321/aka_the_deas_decision_and_some_notes_on_updates/

If you have any more suggestions for how to help or some primary issues to comment on, please feel free to share them here.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let me ask you this VT. When your kids are teenagers do you want Kratom to be readily available?? (What how you answer i may call child protective services on you. :D)
Yes, I do. I want my children to grow up in a country where their freedoms are protected. Freedom to make the right choices, and freedom to make the wrong choices, same as I was given.

If you want to ban Kratom solely on the fact that it CAN be abused, we also have to ban alcohol, cigarettes, medicinal drugs, nitrous oxide propellant, pure oxygen, gasoline, and on and on and on and on.

enraged_chris

Awards
Actually bought kratom for the first time when I saw the ban was being discussed. Recently tried a low dose and it was incredibly stimulating. And as others are saying... plenty of things are physically or psychologically addicting and are legal, I believe I have a right to purchase what I want and put it into my body if it is not hurting other people. I could understand making it illegal for kratom to be sold to those under 18 but a legal adult should be able to purchase with no issues. Caffeine is addicting and can be abused for gods sake, should we ban all preworkouts? Oh god! Think of the children!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Oh, you can be dang sure you'll see "protect the children" in the future. That, and BS "terrorism" are the biggest brain washing techniques used to rush legislation through the system.

enraged_chris

Awards
Oh, you can be dang sure you'll see "protect the children" in the future. That, and BS "terrorism" are the biggest brain washing techniques used to rush legislation through the system.
It's basically why prohormones were banned... well that and baseball. haha. Such ridiculousness that could be the downfall of the supplement industry if people don't step up.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
a citizens petition has them thinking twice....it may be up to 200k.

it is the most effective mechanism...

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
It's basically why prohormones were banned... well that and baseball. haha. Such ridiculousness that could be the downfall of the supplement industry if people don't step up.
I still say if this wasn't an election year, Mile High would be out of business right now. Stock up kilos of this stuff - I predict it will be sitting next to old stock of Ripped Fuel by 2018.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I do. I want my children to grow up in a country where their freedoms are protected. Freedom to make the right choices, and freedom to make the wrong choices, same as I was given.

If you want to ban Kratom solely on the fact that it CAN be abused, we also have to ban alcohol, cigarettes, medicinal drugs, nitrous oxide propellant, pure oxygen, gasoline, and on and on and on and on.
Your forgot tanning beds in New Jersey....

Got em!