Daily Quote

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
"You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."

Abraham Lincoln

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
November 14, 2007​

“If you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work.”

-- Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931) Lebanese American artist, poet and writer.​

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.
- Joseph Conrad

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
November 15, 2007​

“The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.”

-- William Somerset Maugham (1874 –1965) English playwright, novelist, and short story writer.​

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

Carl Sagan

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
November 16, 2007​

“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.... You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."

-- Eleanor Roosevelt (1884 –1962) American political leader and First Lady from 1933 to 1945 as the wife of President Franklin D. Roosevelt.​

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
November 19, 2007

“The best cure for worry, depression, melancholy, brooding, is to go deliberately forth and try to lift with one's sympathy the gloom of somebody else.”

-- Arnold Bennett (1867 - 1931) British novelist.​

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When life gives you lemons, try to find someone who life gave vodka to

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
We are all apt to believe what the world believes about us.
- George Eliot

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
November 20, 2007​

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”

– Tom Bradley (1917 –1998) Mayor of Los Angeles, California and only the second African American mayor of a major U.S. city.​

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
The sad truth is that excellence makes people nervous.
- Shana Alexander

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
November 21, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving​

“He who thanks but with the lips
Thanks but in part;
The full, the true Thanksgiving
Comes from the heart.”​

- J.A. Shedd​

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
November 26, 2007​

“Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”

- William Jennings Bryan (1860 –1925) American lawyer, statesman, and politician.​

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
November 27, 2007​

"Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it."

- Rabindranath Tagore (1861–1941) Nobel Prize winning Bengali poet, philosopher, visual artist, playwright, novelist, and composer.​

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
Talent develops in tranquility, character in the full current of human life.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
November 28, 2007​

"Forget mistakes. Forget failure. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it. Today is your lucky day."

- William James Durant (1885–1981) American philosopher, historian, and writer.​

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
November 29, 2007​

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."

- Lao Tzu - Chinese Philosopher in the 6th Century BC whose historical existence is still debated.​

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.

Henry Ford

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
November 30, 2007​

"The mind revels in conjecture. Where information is lacking, it will gladly fill in the gaps.”

-- James Geary - American-born, London-based writer and the former Europe editor of Time.​

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Wilman I was looking up some Chuck Norris jokes and I found this...I thought you would appreciate it. hahaha

When Chuck Norris was a teenager, he once impregnated every nun in a convent tucked away in the Himalaya mountains. 9 months later, the nuns all gave birth to the 1972 Miami Dolphins, the only undefeated and untied team in NFL history.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Wilman I was looking up some Chuck Norris jokes and I found this...I thought you would appreciate it. hahaha

When Chuck Norris was a teenager, he once impregnated every nun in a convent tucked away in the Himalaya mountains. 9 months later, the nuns all gave birth to the 1972 Miami Dolphins, the only undefeated and untied team in NFL history.
I like that one...I will be using that...I may give you credit! ;)

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote

December 3, 2007​

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

-- Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968) – Baptist Minister; President, Southern Christian Leadership Conference; Civil Rights Leader; Nobel Peace Prize Winner​

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sort of like the guy in memento so you don't forget it?

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
I love this quote so much. I actually have this tattooed in scripture style writing on my right side.
No kidding...wow! Yeah, MLK Jr. had some great quotes.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote

December 4, 2007​

“Fire is the test of gold; adversity, of strong men.”

- Lucius Annaeus Seneca (3 BC- 65 AD) Roman statesman, dramatist, philosopher.​

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
December 5, 2007​

“Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth…Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”

-- Noela Evans​

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
December 6, 2007​

“Be a good listener. Your ears will never get you in trouble.”

- Frank Tyger​

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote

December 7, 2007

66th Anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor​

“Yesterday, Dec. 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan…

…With confidence in our armed forces - with the unbounding determination of our people - we will gain the inevitable triumph - so help us God.”

- Franklin Delano Roosevelt in a speech to Congress after the attack on Peal Harbor, Hawaii​

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its astounding to visit the arizona memorial there in pearl harbor. very emotionally charged air there

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
December 11, 2007​

“He harms himself who does harm to another, and the evil plan is most harmful to the planner.”

- Hesiod (~700 BC) Greek poet considered one of the earliest Greek poets.​

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
December 12, 2007​

“He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much.”
-- Bessie A. Stanley​

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
"There will be many failures sprinkled among the successes you enjoy." Coach Marv Levy

Unless you're the 0 and 13 Dolphins. lol. Couldn't resist.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
An ounce of folly out weighs a ton of wisdom.
"Ya see that fence out there?" The old man asked the backpacker. "I built that fence with me own hands. But ya think they call me MacGregor the fence builder? No!"

"And that church out there. I hoisted the bell up to the top with me own hands. But ya think they call me MacGregor the church builder? No!"

And that bridge. I put it together stone by stone. But ya think they call me MacGregor the bridge builder? No!"

"But ya screw one goat..."

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
December 13, 2007
“When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don't repeat it.”

-- Paul "Bear" Bryant (1913–1983) Longtime head coach of the University of Alabama football team.​

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
December 14, 2007​

“Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now!”

- Michael Landon (1936 - 1991) American actor, writer, director, and producer, who starred in three popular NBC TV series that spanned three decades.​

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
December 17, 2007​

“If you do the best you can, you will find, nine times out of ten, that you have done as well as or better than anyone else.”

- William Feather (1889 - 1981) American publisher and author, based in Cleveland, Ohio.​

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote

December 18, 2007​

"You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth."

- Shira Tehrani​

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Daily Quote
December 20, 2007​

"Do not wait for ideal circumstances, nor the best opportunities; they will never come."

- Janet Erskine Stuart (1857 – 1914) British Roman Catholic nun and educationalist.​