Cutting on Ergomax LMG

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
OK, I've searched...maybe not good enough but I have searched and while I can find information for cutting on PP & SD, I cannot find any substantial information for cutting on Ergo Max. Now I understand Ergo is somewhat similar to PP but I need to know if I can effectively "crash diet" on 20mg a day for about 2-3 weeks over Christmas break. This is extremely important as I have to drop weight for to meet the weight requirements Marine Corps OCS while at the same time retaining the muscle to do 20 consecutive dead-hang pull-ups. I'm inclined to do it naturally but I have to drop this excess weight ASAP while still retaining the strength. Any and all input is appreciated.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
If you have to loose weight to meet standards then you are a fat ass. I was in for 6 years and some change, weighed in at 195 at 5'9 and my bodyfat was well under the 21% permitted. Do good on your pft and then if your body fat is under 21% you dont have **** to worry about. BTW they told me I was only suppossed to weigh in at 182. 13lbs over with a 297 pft, who is gonna try to say something when your run an 18min37sec 3 mile,20pulls and max sit ups and wear a brown belt? No one will, just train hard and dont worry about it.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
OK, I've searched...maybe not good enough but I have searched and while I can find information for cutting on PP & SD, I cannot find any substantial information for cutting on Ergo Max. Now I understand Ergo is somewhat similar to PP but I need to know if I can effectively "crash diet" on 20mg a day for about 2-3 weeks over Christmas break. This is extremely important as I have to drop weight for to meet the weight requirements Marine Corps OCS while at the same time retaining the muscle to do 20 consecutive dead-hang pull-ups. I'm inclined to do it naturally but I have to drop this excess weight ASAP while still retaining the strength. Any and all input is appreciated.
I recently ran EMAX with T4(thyroxine) for 4 weeks.I started at 207 14%bodyfat finished at 204 12% bodyfat.I was experimenting with dead hang pull-ups(which I normally don't) i started at 6 and finished at 12. I know the body comp was related to the cycle but the pull ups may have been a result of natural progression because it was a new exercise.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
If you have to loose weight to meet standards then you are a fat ass. I was in for 6 years and some change, weighed in at 195 at 5'9 and my bodyfat was well under the 21% permitted. Do good on your pft and then if your body fat is under 21% you dont have **** to worry about. BTW they told me I was only suppossed to weigh in at 182. 13lbs over with a 297 pft, who is gonna try to say something when your run an 18min37sec 3 mile,20pulls and max sit ups and wear a brown belt? No one will, just train hard and dont worry about it.
Cool, right now I'm more like 20, max crunches (changed from sit ups) and 25 minute run (which is dropping)...I've been out for 5 years and I'm just trying to expedite the whole process. The OSC told me I have to weigh no more than than 214 (I'm currently 235ish) at 6'2 or I'll have to get a waiver to add to the stack of waivers I have already. I figure to get into the type of shape I have to be to run under 20 (which I have to do to get into the highly competitive Marine JAG Corps) I need to weigh around 214 anyway. I just want to get ripped to the bone and run the PFT of my life and looking for a way to supplemet the whole process...I am busting my butt in the gym and on the track though.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Cool, right now I'm more like 20, max crunches (changed from sit ups) and 25 minute run (which is dropping)...I've been out for 5 years and I'm just trying to expedite the whole process. The OSC told me I have to weigh no more than than 214 (I'm currently 235ish) at 6'2 or I'll have to get a waiver to add to the stack of waivers I have already. I figure to get into the type of shape I have to be to run under 20 (which I have to do to get into the highly competitive Marine JAG Corps) I need to weigh around 214 anyway. I just want to get ripped to the bone and run the PFT of my life and looking for a way to supplemet the whole process...I am busting my butt in the gym and on the track though.

When are you going to ocs, because you dont want to run a cycle of anything and not be able to finishit off right due to ocs commitments. When you are there you will not get to take the right supps or eat correctly.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
When are you going to ocs, because you dont want to run a cycle of anything and not be able to finishit off right due to ocs commitments. When you are there you will not get to take the right supps or eat correctly.
Well if if all goes according to plan I'll be going this coming summer but to even qaulify to go I have to run at least a 285 b/c quite frankly they are not looking for lawyers right now (so it's highly competitive). So, I've got time and if I can use certain "supplements" to boost my PFT or at least expedite the process I'm all for it.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
not trying to be a dick, but why if you are already a lawyer, why do you want to go in. You said before that you already served, so what are your reasons. Just curious

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
not trying to be a dick, but why if you are already a lawyer, why do you want to go in. You said before that you already served, so what are your reasons. Just curious
I'm not a lawyer yet, I'm a law student. I want to be a Marine Attorney b/c the experience I get will be second to none. I will get to argue cases in front of judges right off the bat whereas in private practice it may take years before I get that type of opportunity. If I like it I stay in, if I don't I get out with tremendously valueable experince that will aid me in any civilian job I may have. Plus, I'll be a Marine Officer. It's a win/win situation as far as I'm concerned.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Fair enough, just bieng an officer doesnt mean **** untill you are atleast a capt. They dont get any respect, escpecially in the field you are going into. You will get clowned by senior staff ncos like there is no tommorrow. Just be prepared for it. They will **** with you for sure. Why? Because you will be above them but at the same time have probally one ribbon and no combat experiance where as they will have like 5 rows with atleast 2 years combat experaince. I am not trying to be a dick but rather relay personal experiacne toyou before you make the move. Oh, and be prepared for a mean attempt at brainwashing. They will try

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
Fair enough, just bieng an officer doesnt mean **** untill you are atleast a capt. They dont get any respect, escpecially in the field you are going into. You will get clowned by senior staff ncos like there is no tommorrow. Just be prepared for it. They will **** with you for sure. Why? Because you will be above them but at the same time have probally one ribbon and no combat experiance where as they will have like 5 rows with atleast 2 years combat experaince. I am not trying to be a dick but rather relay personal experiacne toyou before you make the move. Oh, and be prepared for a mean attempt at brainwashing. They will try
I don't disagree with any of that (especially the part about picking up Capt.) However, I am as prepaired as I will ever be due to the 4 years I did as an enlisted Marine. I've pretty much made up my mind about what I'm trying to do and until they look me in the eye and tell me "No, it's imposible...we don't need or want you and we never will" then this is what I'm shooting for. My question is can I use these 2 bottles of Ergomax I have to help me speed up the process of dropping fat/retaining strength at breakneck speed? BTW, Merry Christmas!

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
OK, let me be more specific with my question. Will using ergomax produce the same kind of excruciatingly annoying shin pumps that SD thus interfereing with my run time (which absolutely cannot be interfered with). If it won't, I may go ahead and run a 2-3 cycle just to preserve muscle mass while cutting. If it enhances my performance I may even run it again before my qualifying PFT to get into OCS.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I have heard nothing of extreme pumps while on. When taking SD I could not even drive 15mins without having to pull over due to pumps. I understand you there. If you have some taurine on hand that will help you out. But I would suspect that the pumps will be nothing in comparison to SD.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
I have heard nothing of extreme pumps while on. When taking SD I could not even drive 15mins without having to pull over due to pumps. I understand you there. If you have some taurine on hand that will help you out. But I would suspect that the pumps will be nothing in comparison to SD.
Thats cool. I may go ahead and run a cycle if and when I hit a wall with my progress.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Good idea, not worth taking if you are still seeing gains. How is your run time now?

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
24:05 as of this morning...and dropping. Started off a tad over 27 about a month ago (weighed about 242) and trying to break myself in gradually. When I can break 21, I'll feel better.