Cutting Diet

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I revamped my nutrition in July to cut down some pounds. Went from 173-168 and lost 3% BF in 5-weeks. Ended around 12% BF IIRC. Since then I’ve upped my calories and carbs and workouts have been pretty good. I’m eventually going to go back on a cut again.

1. When you guys cut how many carbs and fat do you consume?

2. A lot of my carb sources come from fruit. I added in oats and bread now but when cutting I take those out. My issue is sugar from the fruit. Is it better to leave some of the bread and oats in place of the fruit to lower sugar.

My meal plan was as follows. I eat in the truck to work and prep all food on Sunday day for the week. No time for cooking.

Breakfast- 2 hard boiled eggs, 2oz ham, 3oz turkey, cheese stick, and 1 cup of grapes

Snack- apple and 1/3 cup of almonds

Lunch- lettuce, half a pepper, 10 olives, 1 Roma tomatoe, and 3 chicken tenders. I also eat 1/3 cup of walnuts, a banana and a small beef jerky stick

Snack/ pre workout- 1 cup cottage cheese and 1 cup of mixed berries/cherries and 1 chicken sausage

Dinner- protein and veggies depending on what my wife makes.

I also drink 1 whey protein a day. When cutting down I stick to this every day and did so for 5 weeks.

Looking for suggestions to improve this plan

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I find that I am hungry a lot mostly in the morning on this. Thinking of switching the grapes to a low GI food. Also, I didn’t know how much carbs affected workouts till I upped them the last 8 weeks. So trying to keep around workouts

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have you calculated the caloric intake for a day and looked at your actual maintenance calories vs deficit?

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The above puts me at 2023 calories. 157 protein, 156 carbs, and 89 fat and 103g of sugar for everything except dinner. Goal was to keep myself at 1g of carbs/lb of BW so that’s pretty my on.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The above puts me at 2023 calories. 157 protein, 156 carbs, and 89 fat and 103g of sugar for everything except dinner. Goal was to keep myself at 1g of carbs/lb of BW so that’s pretty my on.
It would depend on your dinner which could put you into a surplus. I would recalculate with all meals and see where you stand.