Cutting and building muscle mass on maintenance calories ?

Neecey2809

Neecey2809

Awards
Hey guys quick question if I use vector and yombihine or how ever its spelled at maintenance calories and do cardio every other day do you think I could add lean muscle mass whilst cutting body fat ? Thanks Sam

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys quick question if I use vector and yombihine or how ever its spelled at maintenance calories and do cardio every other day do you think I could add lean muscle mass whilst cutting body fat ? Thanks Sam
Should be. Fasted cardio with Y before it.
Most calories around resistance training and FD with meals. And I think heavy weights are better for it.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cutting and building muscle are not possible to do at the same time, unless one is using performance enhancers. To lose fat, a caloric deficit is needed and to build muscle, one would need to eat at LEAST at maintenance. Now, one can hold onto muscle when cutting, and that should be the goal for anyone that is cutting.

This can be done without fat burners, natural anabolics, and without cardio. All that would be needed is a caloric deficit. I would cut as long as I could before adding cardio. Some people can get shredded without cardio. For supplements that help with holding onto lean mass while dieting, forskolin is golden, if your stomach can tolerate it. A fat burner that contains F95 is OxyMax and a natural anabolic is AlphaMax. I think either of those would help you with your goal. Here is some reading on forskolin. You can also buy the ingredient by itself, PES and I believe OL sell it.

Forskolin will increase cAMP levels and help with increasing fat loss while also maintaining and possibly increasing lean mass. Now, diet needs to be on point, but it is a great ingredient. Here are some good reads on the ingredient.

Forskolin increases metabolism, burns fat, breaks down triglycerides, and increases lean-body mass
The thyroid stimulating strength of forskolin has been compared to TSH (thyrotropin). Thyroid hormone levels are important for leanness.
Forskolin has increased total testosterone by 16% in male subjects during a 12-week trial.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/burn-fat-pile-on-muscle-with-forskolin

Fat Mass:  The colforsin group lost 4.52 kilograms (9,94 pounds) of fat, plus or minus 5.74 kilograms, while the placebo group lost only 0.51 kilograms (1.12 pounds), plus or minus 1.91 kilograms.
Lean Body Mass:  The colforsin group gained 3.71 kilograms of lean body mass (8.162 pounds), plus or minus 4.07 kilograms, while the placebo group gained 1.57 kilograms (3.45 pounds), plus or minus 2.56 kilograms.
Testosterone:  The Testosterone of the colforsin group rose 33.7 percent, while it decreased 18.35 percent in the placebo group.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/dont-kill-the-messenger

The total body weight of a mixed group of men and women in a 12-week study decreased from 74.7 kilograms to 73.5 kilograms while experiencing increases in lean body mass (without weight training).
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/tip-the-t-boosting-capsule-you-need-to-take

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16129715

https://legionathletics.com/forskolin/

http://www.infinitelabs.com/forskolin-reviews/

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
AntM1564 has you covered - both gaining lean mass and losing fat mass cannot be done simultaneously as a natural lifter. No natural supplement will allow you to achieve this unfortunately.

I would choose one goal (muscle gain OR fat loss) and commit 2-3 months to that goal. I would personally use Vector during a lean bulk to maximize the product, and there are tons of great options for thermogenic supplements during a cut. AntM mentioned Oxymax which is a solid option, and I also think FitMax would be worth checking out too. My biggest struggle while cutting is my appetite, and both of these products help me out a lot.

What is a bigger goal for you at the moment? Are you considering going into a cutting phase, or are you more inclined to spend some time putting on muscle?

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can’t be done naturally. The fitness industry has done so much to make people believe it can be done in order to sell supplements etc. unfortunately the body just doesn’t work like that

Neecey2809

Neecey2809

Awards
I've just bulked for 2 months so going on to cutting phase now thanks for the replies guys :)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
AntM1564 has you covered - both gaining lean mass and losing fat mass cannot be done simultaneously as a natural lifter. No natural supplement will allow you to achieve this unfortunately.

I would choose one goal (muscle gain OR fat loss) and commit 2-3 months to that goal. I would personally use Vector during a lean bulk to maximize the product, and there are tons of great options for thermogenic supplements during a cut. AntM mentioned Oxymax which is a solid option, and I also think FitMax would be worth checking out too. My biggest struggle while cutting is my appetite, and both of these products help me out a lot.

What is a bigger goal for you at the moment? Are you considering going into a cutting phase, or are you more inclined to spend some time putting on muscle?
This. Once you figure out your goal then stick to it for a few months. Like said above Vector is an awesome product if you choose to do a lean bulk. True Shred is a nice natty supp to help you cut if you choose to cut.