creatine with coffee

jmoney02

Awards
Lately i've been throwing some creatine in my morning coffee for the ride to work. Probably a dumb question but would this effect the creatine's effectiveness in any way? Thanks.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Lately i've been throwing some creatine in my morning coffee for the ride to work. Probably a dumb question but would this effect the creatine's effectiveness in any way? Thanks.
Did u ever hear of Google?

jmoney02

Awards
yup. also heard of asking more knowledgable people than myself a simple question. If you don't know or don't care to answer, than butt out.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
heat may mess with it?

depends on the temp?

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are concerned why keep doing it?

Anyway, the only thing I see happening is a hot liquid mixing a solvent better than if you were to add it to a cold liquid (juice, water, etc)

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Coffee has no effect on creatine absorption.
The original studies conducted with creatine used coffee as the delivery method.
Peace

jmoney02

Awards
I appreciate the replies and an apology to jay. Had a rough morning. Maybe I should lay off the creatine coffee.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It should be just fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Coffee has no effect on creatine absorption.
The original studies conducted with creatine used coffee as the delivery method.
Peace
I would just be concerned with the effect the coffee has on your hydration plus the intake of creatine. Be sure that water intake remains high. That would be my only concern. Why not just take a scoop, shove it in your mouth and down it with some water. Or get some MCC caps...easy to dose. I tend to like the creatine in caps, makes it easier to use on the go...which I always am.