CRAZY AM Exclusive Hook-Up - New ModernPROTEIN Flavor + FREE ModernCREATINE and more!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will regularly see spilled out protein shake pooled around the drain in the water fountain, someone making sure they get the protonz in the split second they are done. So I'd call that the 'Anabolic window dash'
Exhibit B1 (you just sank my battleship)

Attachments

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exhibit B1 (you just sank my battleship)
Nowhere near as bad as some of the stuff I see.

But is that powder (or rust) on the top of the push button? If that's powder there, then that's garbage and would irritate me. If it's just that bit around the rim, I can live with that.

I use my 3-in-1 shakers at the gym and use the same one for my preworkout (MaxReps + BA), then fill it with my intra (currently taurine and Compete; but had been and will soon again be Perform), then rinse with a dash of water when done, put a tad more water in (less than 1 oz) and fill it up with my whey isolate, top it off, shake it, consume, then go home. So I don't use the sink to rinse out protein. And my intras never leave anything behind. Worst I've done is left ice cubes, but really I don't care if anyone is bothered by those.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so I met up with a college friend for dinner last night (wings!) and got home around 9. I was full, but I didn't overeat (so content, but not sickeningly full -- ate 6 boneless wings and split a plate of buffalo chicken nachos, so not TONS eaten). It was more that it was relatively late and I'm not hungry so much that close to bed, but I wanted to get a review up as quickly as I could.

So since the consensus has been 6oz. water, I started off with 3oz. water and half a scoop to begin (because I wanted to test with milk too and didn't want to eat all that much). In water it mixes up well (I used a ProMixx blender/shaker for this; usually do for anything other than isolate). Taste was good, but I couldn't really pick up on a ton as there wasn't much to work with for only half a scoop.

Tried 6oz. of CarbMaster chocolate milk and one full scoop of Caramel Cookie Stix, next. CarbMaster (vanilla or chocolate) is a wonderful, wonderful thing (if you have a Kroger, I highly recommend getting it) as you get 11g protein and only 60 or 80 kcal (respectively). But more importantly, the flavor of it is ON POINT. So this mixed up well, also (much thicker as it was milk, but that chocolate mixes up super thick in protein). Obviously a strong chocolate flavor from this and significantly better taste overall for me. I can taste the protein and it tastes good, but I can't quite put my finger on the specific taste. I had my wife take a sip to get her opinion. She also agreed it tasted good, but wasn't much better than I at pin-pointing anything. I believe the chocolate was just slightly overpowering for this, because she predominantly said she tasted "chocolate milk" (not knowing what I mixed or how; just simply asked her to tell me her opinion as I randomly handed her the cup).

So I think in the future I will attempt with regular milk and possibly with 3 oz. chocolate and 3 oz. water. I'll try some variations and get back. It's good, but I can't quite nail the caramel taste yet. Again, I taste SOMETHING (and it's good), but it doesn't just taste like caramel to me.

I'll weigh in as soon as I get a chance to play around more.

FYI, this is once again a very powdery protein and mixes up great (unlike some that seem kind of grainy). Always loved how Modern Protein was consistency wise.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
do 6oz regular milk and 1 full scoop
Caramel will shine strong.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do 6oz regular milk and 1 full scoop
Caramel will shine strong.
Will do, brother.

I'm just so used to utilizing the vanilla or chocolate carbmaster because they taste so wonderful LOL. They pair so nicely with a few powders that it blows my mind. Will steal some of the wife's regular milk and test this out.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I found the missing flavor. Maple syrup pancakes. I mixed it up a little differently last night and the flavoring changed. And that flavor was pretty strong.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I found the missing flavor. Maple syrup pancakes. I mixed it up a little differently last night and the flavoring changed. And that flavor was pretty strong.
Interesting -- I'll try again.

Funny you mention that because one thing I did note while tasting was thinking it would be a solid protein to bake with.

(inb4 all of Bob's delicious treat photos!)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So this is the machine I was talking about the other day with stationary ice skating:

The brand is Technogym (btw, all I can think of is Techno Viking...) and it's called "Wave." This photo makes it appear like there's more ROM (like an elliptical). Either the machine at my gym does NOT have that, or these elderly men just refuse to use it lol. But yeah, they just hold their hands behind their backs (like so):

and it looks like they're casually skating...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have never seen that before. I'd try it, but probably bust my ass.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake USPlabsRep

Can't wait to make cake with Caramel Cookie Stix!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
stop filling up on broccoli, chicken, and oatmeal BRO
Apparently you're correct! You're eons ahead of me AND get to eat this? Pretty sure your Myofeed pancakes kicked my pancakes a$$ too! Not sure if youre high on my buddy list anymore! Lol

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got a kick out of the small guy wearing the "No, I don't take steroids" shirt
Lmfao. There's this kid at my gym. Buck twenty soaking wet who walks around in a tren harder cut off tee.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Maybe some Pancakes will bring everyone PR's this weekend?

S'mores Cakes

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Really guy? Do you NOT realize Im attempting a cut! Ugg, you're killin me smalls
Ive been dieting for over 3+ months man, and down over 20 pounds.
You don't have to limit yourself to X or Y foods. Plus my caloric intake is under 2,000 kcals 6 days of the week.
Maybe a refeed or a cheat meal will help spark your metabolism to continue to fatloss/weightloss rolling off.

Maybe those cakes will help fill me up, so I don't get too flat ;)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You don't have to limit yourself to X or Y foods. Plus my caloric intake is under 2,000 kcals 6 days of the week.
Maybe a refeed or a cheat meal will help spark your metabolism to continue to fatloss/weightloss rolling off.

Now you are just rubbing it in. I'm on a PSMF and every day I see your photos and dang . . ..makes me hangry.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Now you are just rubbing it in. I'm on a PSMF and every day I see your photos and dang . . ..makes me hangry.
PSMF Still includes very serious refeeds and very high carb days weekly. So again.. easily fit those pancakes in.
If you just PSMF straight through with no refeeds. Leptin, T3, and hormone levels will drop, and your fatloss and weightloss may stall very fast. You have to take care of your health especially at that low of a caloric intake. Massive refeeds on severe restriction can do more help then harm.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
PSMF Still includes very serious refeeds and very high carb days weekly. So again.. easily fit those pancakes in.
If you just PSMF straight through with no refeeds. Leptin, T3, and hormone levels will drop, and your fatloss and weightloss may stall very fast. You have to take care of your health especially at that low of a caloric intake. Massive refeeds on severe restriction can do more help then harm.
You are correct, I was level III...getting to the refeeds now...going to have to start incorporating.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been having too many cheat meals and I need to get one replaced with a referred....been having a lot of weeks with 2 cheats and I've been trying to be better

unreal89

unreal89

Awards
At my gym people sit on benchs and run on treadmills talking or texting everyday. Smh

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great progress, Bob!

And those pancakes: hnnnnnnnggg

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Dang those pancakes look good, Bob! Love that you remind us all that it doesn't have to be chicken and veggies 247 to get results like you!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Yeah, cause that picture made me feel so much better about myself. Dangit The Solution! Man in all seriousness, youre looking super lean brother!! 20lbs is huge! In all honesty, truly inspirational!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dang those pancakes look good, Bob! Love that you remind us all that it doesn't have to be chicken and veggies 247 to get results like you!
It is not just me.
Hell i know some girls who have a faster metabolism then me. I know some gals can intake 3000-4000 kcals and stay lean year round, or not gain a single pound. They can fit in poptarts, junk , and still lose weight or stay shredded. I know some people who can diet on 200-300g of carbs all the way into a contest prep show.. For myself that would not be the case as I have been on 0 carbs almost 6 days a week right now.

Forever 100% jealous..
But hey.. we all have to be dealt with the cards we have.. Which brings me to my next point.

Stop comparing yourself to anyone else in the gym.... You always see that REAL big guy walking around like he is king of the gym. Grunting. Throwing around a ton of weight, taking long breaks between sets to throw up big numbers.

This is the guy who always gets asked.. What routine do you do? What do you eat? What supplements do you take? Just like how everyone always wants to know what the pro's are doing. Some people are just genetically gifted, or have been doing this for a long time.. For someone who is new, starting out, or does not have a lot of experience they may be behind the curve. Trying to replicate what the pro's or someone who has been at it for a long time is not always the smartest thing.

Could FireTitan and myself eat 5000 calories a day like Jay Cutler? Yeah...
Could we try and replicate the supplement protocol of the pro's or some general gym bro? Absolutely
Will it work for us? Probably or Probably not.. most cases no.

Learn your body, adjust, and do what YOU need to do to get results. we are all our own worst enemy when it comes to how we look , the progress we make, and the goals we achieve. Just take things day by day. Don't play the gym replica game. You won't get the same results as someone else. too many factors involved.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is not just me.
Hell i know some girls who have a faster metabolism then me. I know some gals can intake 3000-4000 kcals and stay lean year round, or not gain a single pound. They can fit in poptarts, junk , and still lose weight or stay shredded. I know some people who can diet on 200-300g of carbs all the way into a contest prep show.. For myself that would not be the case as I have been on 0 carbs almost 6 days a week right now.

Forever 100% jealous..
But hey.. we all have to be dealt with the cards we have.. Which brings me to my next point.

Stop comparing yourself to anyone else in the gym.... You always see that REAL big guy walking around like he is king of the gym. Grunting. Throwing around a ton of weight, taking long breaks between sets to throw up big numbers.

This is the guy who always gets asked.. What routine do you do? What do you eat? What supplements do you take? Just like how everyone always wants to know what the pro's are doing. Some people are just genetically gifted, or have been doing this for a long time.. For someone who is new, starting out, or does not have a lot of experience they may be behind the curve. Trying to replicate what the pro's or someone who has been at it for a long time is not always the smartest thing.

Could FireTitan and myself eat 5000 calories a day like Jay Cutler? Yeah...
Could we try and replicate the supplement protocol of the pro's or some general gym bro? Absolutely
Will it work for us? Probably or Probably not.. most cases no.

Learn your body, adjust, and do what YOU need to do to get results. we are all our own worst enemy when it comes to how we look , the progress we make, and the goals we achieve. Just take things day by day. Don't play the gym replica game. You won't get the same results as someone else. too many factors involved.
The Solution , that Sir, was stated incredibly well and I appreciate it. You have to respect a man who speaks the truth. I really dont try and "compare" myself with others, as I do know that each individual is built, runs and maintains differently. I hope this doesnt sound too strange, but I love my Nissan Titan, Ive put the work, money and time into getting to have " that Look", but I'll see another truck, Ram, Silverado or whatever,see the time and effort THAT driver has put into his, and I have what I guess would be an admiration for it. Still love mine, but I then realize I still have a few tweaks to do and itll be exactly what Im wanting, until I see the next truck. Now, Im fixing to get off shift and Im lacking a bit of sleep, so I hope I said that right. Did it make sense?

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Well said Bob. For the record, I don't compare to anyone. It would be way too demoralizing ;-). Way better to compare to what I used to look like. That is where I get my motivation. But just to clarify, I appreciate those posts as a reminder that it is possible to enjoy a treat and still get the results we want. Didn't mean to infer any sort of comparison.

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
2016-08-21-06-57-53.jpg

My little man rockin my usp labs cap watching motor week

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got a pretty sexy text today...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With closing ceremonies following?
The releasing of the doves

...or the peeing on the gas stations.

Meh, either or.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Beautiful
Now my tubs are in...
You know what that means right?
Bob needs to get back in the kitchen....
2 recipes coming tomorrow. USPlabsRep gave me a few things he wants to see. Time to make boss man happy.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to follow along and copy your treats!