Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wow, chit got serious. LoL. GNC rarely pulls anything and would fight tooth and nail to keep on selling what they are making loads of money on.
went to their website entered in craze...nothing...tried brands under driven sports, nothing....not only did they pull craze, they pulled the entire brand line.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
went to their website entered in craze...nothing...tried brands under driven sports, nothing....not only did they pull craze, they pulled the entire brand line.
Well, that takes care of that :p

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shameless plug here. Stimul8>Craze

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I think it's all over hyped tbh

Craze got so much heat because of the insane effects of the ETH most likely.
Everyone had the same or similar kind of reaction with Dimeth until it was scrutinised when it was never proven to be unsafe at a safe dose

I don't think the issue is the amphetamine like ingredient in craze it's the fact that it's not labelled and it's deceiving to the consumer.

Because let's be honest. Dimeth and for most people craze works... Period. People nowadays are willing to take the risk but feel much better when they "know" they are.

As someone has said before last year it was Dimeth this year it's craze and it goes around and around. Up to you wether you want to go on that ride!
Of course Craze works, it has ETH in it. I prefer companies that are honest and disclose ALL ingredients on the label so that I can made an educated decision when I decide to purchase a product. No way do I want to consume a product with ETH in it.

I hope he goes down hard for this but that the FDA doesn't decide to regulate the supplement industry too much.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Of course Craze works, it has ETH in it. I prefer companies that are honest and disclose ALL ingredients on the label so that I can made an educated decision when I decide to purchase a product. No way do I want to consume a product with ETH in it.

I hope he goes down hard for this but that the FDA doesn't decide to regulate the supplement industry too much.
Agreed. If it was actually labelled ETH on the label I think the responsibility came down to the consumer as well as DS

I don't think FDA will regulate it too much.
This is not the first time supplements have been spiked

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. If it was actually labelled ETH on the label I think the responsibility came down to the consumer as well as DS

I don't think FDA will regulate it too much.
This is not the first time supplements have been spiked
Yeah, but this compounded with the drama at USPlabs is rather disconcerting lol

Bryancap77

Bryancap77

Awards
  • Established
^^^^ don't forget gaspari too. I'd say it's a plausible concern.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have just visited GNC and confirmed that yesterday they had to mail back all of the Detonate and Craze. I still have some Det samples and they do list the dendrobrium or whatever it's called.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not even close

but then again one is illegal and one is legal so
In my unbiased opinion (not speaking as as rep now) Stimul8 has better energy but not quite as much focus...it's very close though.

Neways back to the junkie thread.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I felt kind of strange after drinking a sample packet of the new Prodigy. It happens to include "Dendrobium Alkaloids" in the ingredients. Too bad because I liked the old version. New version seems to give the same strange feeling I had when I took a sample of Craze back when it was first released.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I felt kind of strange after drinking a sample packet of the new Prodigy. It happens to include "Dendrobium Alkaloids" in the ingredients. Too bad because I liked the old version. New version seems to give the same strange feeling I had when I took a sample of Craze back when it was first released.
any company using dendrobium should be ashamed of themselves...

xhrr

Awards
In my unbiased opinion (not speaking as as rep now) Stimul8 has better energy but not quite as much focus...it's very close though.

Neways back to the junkie thread.
Well everything is very individualized so its possible. I just have a hard time believing you got more from S8 when Craze had an illicit compound in it. That's not a dig either cause no "legal" supplement has touched Craze in terms of energy, focus, and appetite suppression ime. At least your supplement is legal. I wish I could find a supplement that touched Craze in this categories.

lronFist

Banned
Awards
doesn't mean much coming from you...
Oh, man. You got me.

LoL.

Save your incoherent babble for the Judge. Maybe you can plead insanity?

Remember when you had multiple personalities on the bb.com board?

I do. ;)

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, man. You got me.

LoL.

Save your incoherent babble for the Judge. Maybe you can plead insanity?

Remember when you had multiple personalities on the bb.com board?

I do. ;)
neurotic, with a name like Ironfist, you should workout.

808Pump

Awards
Sheesh...so what company is next?
Keep in mind this is just the beginning...check out Blaylock Wellness Report!
I really liked Craze, but I never felt an addiction or not being able to sleep at night...gave me a good focus and I guess I must have just worked it all off during my workout???
What is not the new craze is the greed of this supp on ebay...$150 + for a tub...Now that is Crazy!
But I guess some people must really need to stuff and it must be selling....capitalism at it's best.

So now that this one is off the block...what's the next best thing?

Bryancap77

Bryancap77

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure that the company's using dendrobium are just using it as label fluff... It's not the same stuff. I've taken almost every supp with dendrobium in it trying to chase that craze feel, to no avail. Plus, it's not even technically the dendrobium that's the problem in craze.

xhrr

Awards
I'm pretty sure that the company's using dendrobium are just using it as label fluff... It's not the same stuff. I've taken almost every supp with dendrobium in it trying to chase that craze feel, to no avail. Plus, it's not even technically the dendrobium that's the problem in craze.
That is what he is getting at. They should be ashamed for using it as label fluff in order to attract customers by misleading them. They think they will get a Craze like feel but we know that isn't the case. I do agree though that statement is a tad ironic coming from USP. Water Chestnuts anyone?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, but this compounded with the drama at USPlabs is rather disconcerting lol
This is assuming that the FDA ever had the manpower to exercise their powers to begin with :p

That is what he is getting at. They should be ashamed for using it as label fluff in order to attract customers by misleading them. They think they will get a Craze like feel but we know that isn't the case. I do agree though that statement is a tad ironic coming from USP. Water Chestnuts anyone?
Water chestnuts are a staple in Chinese cuisine bro, don't hate!

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You realize it's not all the dendrobium extracts are the problem, Cahill supplied Gaspari with the extract, which is why both companies have the issue. It wasn't actually dendrobium in the first place.

Now whether there is science to support dendrobium is a different story. But not one to be brought up by a rep from USP, king of snake oil companies with the "patent pending" line like it means anything.

Bryancap77

Bryancap77

Awards
  • Established
But, how many companies also use arginine even though it's bunk just to create the label fluff? Almost every supp company has label fluff in one way or another.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
But, how many companies also use arginine even though it's bunk just to create the label fluff? Almost every supp company has label fluff in one way or another.
i like arginine...i add a couple of gms of arginine to agmatine/cit mal and feel it makes a significant difference. adding ycl to the previous list gives a fantastic pre-sex 'pump' to the right place!!! arginine may not be what it was once hyped to be, but to me it has it's place....

Bryancap77

Bryancap77

Awards
  • Established
i like arginine...i add a couple of gms of arginine to agmatine/cit mal and feel it makes a significant difference. adding ycl to the previous list gives a fantastic pre-sex 'pump' to the right place!!! arginine may not be what it was once hyped to be, but to me it has it's place....
Hm maybe I'll have to check that combo out.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You realize it's not all the dendrobium extracts are the problem, Cahill supplied Gaspari with the extract, which is why both companies have the issue. It wasn't actually dendrobium in the first place.

Now whether there is science to support dendrobium is a different story. But not one to be brought up by a rep from USP, king of snake oil companies with the "patent pending" line like it means anything.
you are clearly missing the point of my statement.

We have a patent on Cissus and pending on Aegeline, it means something.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
correct

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

you should mention our 12 Published University studies but that is probably usual tactics and common place by snake oil companies...

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you are clearly missing the point of my statement.

We have a patent on Cissus and pending on Aegeline, it means something.
What exactly is aegeline supposed to do? Is it an anabolic? Fatty acid liberator? I really haven't seen much data on it apart from some rat studies.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you should mention our 12 Published University studies but that is probably usual tactics and common place by snake oil companies...
if it means anything, i am a fan of powerful/cissus. i 1st tried that combo back in 06 i think, and they were the 1st supps i really benefited from. i think you were responsible for bringing several ing's in those 2 formulas to the table, and those ing's are now used in many companies formulas...i think you should at least be acknowledged for this!!!

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if it means anything, i am a fan of powerful/cissus. i 1st tried that combo back in 06 i think, and they were the 1st supps i really benefited from. i think you were responsible for bringing several ing's in those 2 formulas to the table, and those ing's are now used in many companies formulas...i think you should at least be acknowledged for this!!!
Both which have a University study published along with AP, Jack3d and Oxy..

We also have a slew of animal research.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What exactly is aegeline supposed to do? Is it an anabolic? Fatty acid liberator? I really haven't seen much data on it apart from some rat studies.
it doesn't really matter at this point, FDA is taking it from us. They usually take things that work...

amarula

Awards
I agree

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well everything is very individualized so its possible. I just have a hard time believing you got more from S8 when Craze had an illicit compound in it. That's not a dig either cause no "legal" supplement has touched Craze in terms of energy, focus, and appetite suppression ime. At least your supplement is legal. I wish I could find a supplement that touched Craze in this categories.
Interested in trying out Stimul8?

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with his last statement in first paragraph in the below quote.

Writing was on the wall a long time ago on this one and I think distributors and promoters may ultimately have issues, especially since some of the actual supplement companies involved may cease to exist soon or not really have that much in assets. Distributors also owe some duty to clean this stuff up and to not sell scheduled or controlled substances to public or kids.

Consumer protection acts can nail the GNCs, Vitamin Shops, BB.coms and etc of the world. Consumer protection acts with which I am familar provide for treble damages and attorney's fees. Peddling Meth in any form may have just crossed the line here.

-----

In today’s world, where we see our professional athletes getting busted for steroids, our youth is converting to newer, legal dietary supplements. Some will argue this is a safer, healthier alternative but how is that proven? Craze’s pre-workout powder was named 2012’s “New Supplement of the Year.” by bodybuilding.com, so these kids are not only exposed to dangers without any nutritional facts or health warnings but are being encouraged to take them.

. . .

For their entire lives, our youth and college community have been repeatedly informed about the dangers of drugs and even steroids, but they are not sufficiently informed about the dangers of workout supplements. Not only is it Craze, but last week OxyElite Pro marketed by USPlabs LLC of Dallas, Texas, was linked to more than 20 cases of liver infection, resulting in one death.

New supplement Craze harmful, remains on shelves - Columns - The Daily Athenaeum

lronFist

Banned
Awards
Just curious. Article states that aegeline is basically "metabolized in the liver into two different species: phenylacrylic acid, and para-methoxy-octopamine." Perhaps one of you guys smarter than me on this can answer whether phenylacrylic acid can cause elevated liver transaminases and increased hepatic fat deposition consistent with hepatic steatosis.
Aegeline is non-enzymatically cleaved into cis/trans-cinnamic acid (phenylacrylic acid) and the octopamine derivative. No one knows how it is enzymatically metabolized in the liver.

Either of the substituents (or aegeline as a whole) could be hepatotoxic.

This is why toxicity studies should be run on new compounds before they are haphazardly introduced into the supplement market.

lronFist

Banned
Awards
I wonder how much of it actually metabolizes into phenylacrylic acid as that would be more beneficial of the two metabolites in humans.
Amides are not good pro-drugs (unless they are carefully designed) because they do not typically metabolize uniformly & predictably across populations.

Status
Not open for further replies.