dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is BRITE or Supernova a topical? This doesn't interfere with any other medications or supps correct?
Supernova is the topical. Unfortunately I can't give medical advice about contraindications, though none are apparent to me I still recommend you speak with your physician first.

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
I found 15 bottles over on the Supernova shelf (misplaced), so yeah I have 15 of them back in the store.
I remember you gave me advise some time ago but can't find the post now and am about to place an order. What topical would you recommend for +20% BF and +100cm waist? I want something that will help me visibly target low belly fat and love handles. Thanks once again!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Supernova is the topical. Unfortunately I can't give medical advice about contraindications, though none are apparent to me I still recommend you speak with your physician first.
where can I purchase this from? I went to the evomuse website and it says sold out?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thank you - apply this before or after lifting/cardio? two times a day?
You probably want to give it 20-25 minutes before heavy cardio to absorb. Twice per day is ideal, but even once per day will yield impressive results.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
You probably want to give it 20-25 minutes before heavy cardio to absorb. Twice per day is ideal, but even once per day will yield impressive results.
I lift at 4am for 45min and then the last 15 min is HIIT. Can I apply at 4am? very excited will post before and after pictures!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I lift at 4am for 45min and then the last 15 min is HIIT. Can I apply at 4am? very excited will post before and after pictures!
This will be fine. Honestly, I used a couple bottles of the beta and I would apply pretty close to my workout and wouldn't have issues. It absorbs pretty quick. If you wake up, put it on and give it even 5-10 minutes to dry and then put your shirt on you will be good.

I also like Abliderate morning and pre-bed and Supernova pre-workout (3X per day application) - but that's a lot of smearing goop on yourself for more people.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
This will be fine. Honestly, I used a couple bottles of the beta and I would apply pretty close to my workout and wouldn't have issues. It absorbs pretty quick. If you wake up, put it on and give it even 5-10 minutes to dry and then put your shirt on you will be good.

I also like Abliderate morning and pre-bed and Supernova pre-workout (3X per day application) - but that's a lot of smearing goop on yourself for more people.
perfect, oh shoot, its goopy?? So can I do morning and night? Does it need to be washed off??

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

pbandy1

Awards
for those using these products to lower cortisol - do you have high cortisol from blood tests or...?

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
perfect, oh shoot, its goopy?? So can I do morning and night? Does it need to be washed off??
can anyone answer my question? Can I do it at 4am and start lifting, cardio doesnt start till 4:45am. Can I take a shower after workout?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
can anyone answer my question? Can I do it at 4am and start lifting, cardio doesnt start till 4:45am. Can I take a shower after workout?
That should be long enough to absorb, but I wouldn't recommend the shower that quick. Maybe apply is after your shower.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It isn't bad - I was just saying "goop" in general - as in any substance. Wasn't being literal, but it is a little thick. Once you spread it, it absorbs fast.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
That should be long enough to absorb, but I wouldn't recommend the shower that quick. Maybe apply is after your shower.
so before lifting at 4am and then after my shower at 5:30a? I work at 6am so i have to take a shower...

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
In your case, I would probably apply it right before bed, and if you wanted to do a second dose (depending on how many areas you are applying, 2x/Day will burn through a bottle pretty quick) - after your shower.

Technically, once it passes into the stratum corneum, it shouldn't "wash off" - but your time-frames are a little tight.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so before lifting at 4am and then after my shower at 5:30a? I work at 6am so i have to take a shower...
I would just do it after you shower and before bed. That's how I use my off season and pre contest topicals. I do cardio ever morning, fasted. It's not going to work a dramatic amount better just because you apply it directly before. I'd rather know the product was 100% absorbed than gain apply minute advantage of putting it on before with the possibility of it not absorbing....thus, imo, negating an advantage of adding it before. Does that make sense?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
for those using these products to lower cortisol - do you have high cortisol from blood tests or...?
Hahahahahaha! :D I'll give you one guess :D Bro, Cortisol and Estrogen are *always* high! :D

And the DUTCH Test is the best one to get :thumbsup:

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In your case, I would probably apply it right before bed, and if you wanted to do a second dose (depending on how many areas you are applying, 2x/Day will burn through a bottle pretty quick) - after your shower.

Technically, once it passes into the stratum corneum, it shouldn't "wash off" - but your time-frames are a little tight.
I would just do it after you shower and before bed. That's how I use my off season and pre contest topicals. I do cardio ever morning, fasted. It's not going to work a dramatic amount better just because you apply it directly before. I'd rather know the product was 100% absorbed than gain apply minute advantage of putting it on before with the possibility of it not absorbing....thus, imo, negating an advantage of adding it before. Does that make sense?
All good answers. It isn't something you need to over think.

Hahahahahaha! :D I'll give you one guess :D Bro, Cortisol and Estrogen are *always* high! :D

And the DUTCH Test is the best one to get :thumbsup:
Of course. But you forgot, Testosterone is ALWAYS low.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
Look into chaos and pain cannibal carnage-bomsicle. It's a non stim fat burn with a great ingredient matrix including pqq, yohimbine, garcinian cambogia and other crucial ingredients. It also non stim so it can be stacked with any other product.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You don't need to apply it before lifting.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
awesome! the item said it shipped! can't wait, I will do it ever night before bed. before and after pics coming your way!!!!!!!!!!!!

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
What about Matt Porters product? Anyone think those are legit for lowering cortisol?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
awesome! the item said it shipped! can't wait, I will do it ever night before bed. before and after pics coming your way!!!!!!!!!!!!
That will certainly help burn some calories, but don't forget to apply the fat burner too.

Oooohhhh, you mean before and after pictures of your fat loss results.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
How is Supernova in comparison to Eviscerate with pain? I had a hard time finishing my workouts when using Eviscerate haha. As soon as I started sweating it felt like my skin was on fire. I'm having trouble finding the ingredient label for Supernova online

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
That will certainly help burn some calories, but don't forget to apply the fat burner too.

Oooohhhh, you mean before and after pictures of your fat loss results.
yes!! is SANS T2 extreme ok to add to this? was thinking about adding it in the last month of my cut before vacation!?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How is Supernova in comparison to Eviscerate with pain? I had a hard time finishing my workouts when using Eviscerate haha. As soon as I started sweating it felt like my skin was on fire. I'm having trouble finding the ingredient label for Supernova online
This is a totally different product with no capsaicin. It does make you sweat quite a bit during workouts - but it has a menthol feel. It's kind of like icy hot and it actually feels good, IMO.

yes!! is SANS T2 extreme ok to add to this? was thinking about adding it in the last month of my cut before vacation!?
Ummm....sometimes women just don't get my humor. I want you to pretend that you're a 16 year old boy (which is about the level of my humor) and go back and read what you wrote and what I wrote. Or maybe I wasn't funny and you just ignored it - that's actually probably more likely.

As far as the T2 - you should have no issues using this with any evomuse product. Are you aware of what it is though? It is a thyroid hormone and there are risks/rewards that should be weighed. I'm not saying NOT to use it, just want to be sure you're making a risk/reward analysis based on the potential down sides of diiodothyronine.

Also - if you are using T2, you MAY not want to reduce cortisol too much.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
This is a totally different product with no capsaicin. It does make you sweat quite a bit during workouts - but it has a menthol feel. It's kind of like icy hot and it actually feels good, IMO.

Ummm....sometimes women just don't get my humor. I want you to pretend that you're a 16 year old boy (which is about the level of my humor) and go back and read what you wrote and what I wrote. Or maybe I wasn't funny and you just ignored it - that's actually probably more likely.

As far as the T2 - you should have no issues using this with any evomuse product. Are you aware of what it is though? It is a thyroid hormone and there are risks/rewards that should be weighed. I'm not saying NOT to use it, just want to be sure you're making a risk/reward analysis based on the potential down sides of diiodothyronine.

Also - if you are using T2, you MAY not want to reduce cortisol too much.
I think, I don't, I am not sure if I get the humor LOL! BTW I am a blonde.............I digress
so your saying skip out on the T2 as it doesnt have greater affects generated. I used it once and it was for 30 days. What are the risks? I would like to reverse diet like a boss this year so I would hope this would not interfere

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think, I don't, I am not sure if I get the humor LOL! BTW I am a blonde.............I digress
so your saying skip out on the T2 as it doesnt have greater affects generated. I used it once and it was for 30 days. What are the risks? I would like to reverse diet like a boss this year so I would hope this would not interfere
Lol you said you would DO IT every night before bed and take before and after photos. I have a dirty mind.

As far as the T2 - it is a thyroid hormone and will suppress your own natural production of thyroid hormones. The risk of damaging your thyroid is debatable, but then again so is the positive impact of T2. There are studies showing normal function returning after years of T3 use, and T3 is more powerful and more suppressive.

I think the risk is relatively small, but so are the rewards. I have used it...I have used it in large doses. A month long run is of little concern and I personally would use it. But be aware that it is an actual drug-like substance with supplement like effects.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Lol you said you would DO IT every night before bed and take before and after photos. I have a dirty mind.

As far as the T2 - it is a thyroid hormone and will suppress your own natural production of thyroid hormones. The risk of damaging your thyroid is debatable, but then again so is the positive impact of T2. There are studies showing normal function returning after years of T3 use, and T3 is more powerful and more suppressive.

I think the risk is relatively small, but so are the rewards. I have used it...I have used it in large doses. A month long run is of little concern and I personally would use it. But be aware that it is an actual drug-like substance with supplement like effects.
*facepalm* lollll

10-4 - I am going to skip out on it, I was going to get the thyroid checked because i had an overactive thyroid when I was preggo with my son

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
*facepalm* lollll

10-4 - I am going to skip out on it, I was going to get the thyroid checked because i had an overactive thyroid when I was preggo with my son
Yes, if you are getting your thyroid checked...Best to do that first. At least you will have a baseline then. My guess is that after you come off the T2 you will be back to normal or 90% in around a month. In 2 months you would probably be fine. And these aren't scientificly based time frames...Just guesses based on experience and a few studies.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Yes, if you are getting your thyroid checked...Best to do that first. At least you will have a baseline then. My guess is that after you come off the T2 you will be back to normal or 90% in around a month. In 2 months you would probably be fine. And these aren't scientificly based time frames...Just guesses based on experience and a few studies.
perfect I may just have to PM you about the results!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Just tried supernova last night for the first time, does it normally have drying particles come off the skin when applying? I was applying to lower belly and it seemed like I had dry skin coming off.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just tried supernova last night for the first time, does it normally have drying particles come off the skin when applying? I was applying to lower belly and it seemed like I had dry skin coming off.
This happens. It's probably the worst part about the product IMO - the clumping. BUT - on the other hand, it happens because you used too much. Use a bit less. You will find when you don't use too much and you spread it over a large area, it works MUCH better and the clumping is almost non-existent. This means, you use less and get to apply it more often or use it for longer.

Also, I personally keep a big bottle of hand sanitizer with my topicals. I OFTEN apply a small amount of sanitizer 10-15 minutes after applying any topical. It helps drive more of it into the skin. Supernova's delivery system is a bit more complex than most others, so you don't want to use too much sanitizer, but a small amount does help. If you apply too much though - you may cause it to go systemic rather than stay localized. Even with the sanitizer, if I apply too much I sometimes have some spots of brown, which tells me I applied too much and wasted it, and should do less next time.

Also, if you have some java lather it does help. If you don't, a high glycerin soap and exfoliating will help before you apply.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
This happens. It's probably the worst part about the product IMO - the clumping. BUT - on the other hand, it happens because you used too much. Use a bit less. You will find when you don't use too much and you spread it over a large area, it works MUCH better and the clumping is almost non-existent. This means, you use less and get to apply it more often or use it for longer.

Also, I personally keep a big bottle of hand sanitizer with my topicals. I OFTEN apply a small amount of sanitizer 10-15 minutes after applying any topical. It helps drive more of it into the skin. Supernova's delivery system is a bit more complex than most others, so you don't want to use too much sanitizer, but a small amount does help. If you apply too much though - you may cause it to go systemic rather than stay localized. Even with the sanitizer, if I apply too much I sometimes have some spots of brown, which tells me I applied too much and wasted it, and should do less next time.

Also, if you have some java lather it does help. If you don't, a high glycerin soap and exfoliating will help before you apply.
it doesnt feel like I use to much, its hardly a dime size in my hand.... hmmm. You think that is too much still? Can I apply if I have put lotion or tanning lotion during the day? Can you go out in the sun? I will be going to Florida in a few weeks so want to know for future!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
it doesnt feel like I use to much, its hardly a dime size in my hand.... hmmm. You think that is too much still?
No. Unfortunately, EvoMuse has horrible QC and it's a roll of the dice if you get a perfect product, or one with *something* wrong. It's usually something to do with "Carbomer Balls" rolling up and falling all over the floor. I ordered 2 bottles of SuperNova from Nutiverse, and got two completely different viscosity products - had to re-mix them myself and use some additional Isopropyl in one - unacceptable for a consumer product. You either put up with it, or use something else. You should contact EvoMuse and see if he'll swap out for a good one - he's always come through when there was a problem, once you get a hold of him, it's just too bad that it seems to need to be done a lot with the topicals. As a comparison, who's ever gotten a bad bottle of Dermacrine (RIP)? QC, QC, QC...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No. Unfortunately, EvoMuse has horrible QC and it's a roll of the dice if you get a perfect product, or one with *something* wrong. It's usually something to do with "Carbomer Balls" rolling up and falling all over the floor. I ordered 2 bottles of SuperNova from Nutiverse, and got two completely different viscosity products - had to re-mix them myself and use some additional Isopropyl in one - unacceptable for a consumer product. You either put up with it, or use something else. You should contact EvoMuse and see if he'll swap out for a good one - he's always come through when there was a problem, once you get a hold of him, it's just too bad that it seems to need to be done a lot with the topicals. As a comparison, who's ever gotten a bad bottle of Dermacrine (RIP)? QC, QC, QC...
Having actually done the manufacture for Dermacrine for 2 years I can tell you there is a huge difference once you bring the benzyl alcohol into the mix - the ingredient that make the product localized rather than systemic, as any product using the Derm. carrier is. That stuff absolutely tears up the carbomer matrix, leaving those balls - but as mentioned before I made the switch to a much more expensive thickener about a month and a half ago and we have had no problems at all.

As you mentioned, i've been very happy to send replacements out to anyone with problems - and the carbomer contains zero active ingredients.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Having actually done the manufacture for Dermacrine for 2 years I can tell you there is a huge difference once you bring the benzyl alcohol into the mix - the ingredient that make the product localized rather than systemic, as any product using the Derm. carrier is. That stuff absolutely tears up the carbomer matrix, leaving those balls - but as mentioned before I made the switch to a much more expensive thickener about a month and a half ago and we have had no problems at all.

As you mentioned, i've been very happy to send replacements out to anyone with problems - and the carbomer contains zero active ingredients.
You have, good CS there. But that first "AbAb like" product I received directly from EvoMuse - should be the only version anyone should receive from anywhere they order - and that's not happening. QC needs improvement. It's business - I had to improve my QC when I started my company back in 2008 too :D It's how we get better and grow - nothing personal.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have, good CS there. But that first "AbAb like" product I received directly from EvoMuse - should be the only version anyone should receive from anywhere they order - and that's not happening. QC needs improvement. It's business - I had to improve my QC when I started my company back in 2008 too :D It's how we get better and grow - nothing personal.
Don't get me wrong, I completely agree. I've been working on it for a long time. The new thickener is ridiculously expensive, but the texture difference is night and day.

Happy to send you one for comparison.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Don't get me wrong, I completely agree. I've been working on it for a long time. The new thickener is ridiculously expensive, but the texture difference is night and day.

Appreciate it man, but that's ok. Awesome that you're always working on improving stuff :thumbsup:

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I've had similar issues with some of the other Evomuse products as well, especially with Eviscerate. Use a little less, but it's likely that you'll still notice it clumping.

And I would agree with The_Old_Guy on Evomuse QC. They make phenomenal products, but each bottle is inconsistent. I could swear I had a bottle of AbAb that was bad. The first bottle I used was incredible, and the second bottle I ordered months later did absolutely nothing for me. Love the company, but wished the QC was a bit better...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Appreciate it man, but that's ok. Awesome that you're always working on improving stuff :thumbsup:
This is my passion and my life. Running a whole company by yourself is a MASSIVE challenge, but I don't ever want to get complacent. I've seen too many other companies whose primary priority is cutting costs especially by making their previously great products into crap. All I care about is making everything better without breaking everyone's bank.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established

Do you need me to send the bottle back, the one that is clumping? I use very little and still does that, only on day two!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you need me to send the bottle back, the one that is clumping? I use very little and still does that, only on day two!
Nope...try taking off the lid and heating it in the microwave for about 10-12 seconds, then shake it up. Often this is enough to restore the product to new. If not, hit me up and I'll take care of you.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
it doesnt feel like I use to much, its hardly a dime size in my hand.... hmmm. You think that is too much still? Can I apply if I have put lotion or tanning lotion during the day? Can you go out in the sun? I will be going to Florida in a few weeks so want to know for future!
Well, the thing about "dime size" and "quarter size" with these liquids is - we often overlook thickness. It's hard to say without being there and seeing, but at the end of the day, "dime sized" does not sound like too much unless you are creating a "thick dime".

One other thing that is often overlooked - you REALLY need to shake the heck out of this stuff before each use. I mean - go nuts.

The other thing to do - DO NOT over rub. I always want to rub it in, but I've found that if I leave it with just a little bit of brown on my skin, and let it dry, it actually dries better and most of the time the brown is completely gone within 5 minutes. Even with a small amount, if I try to rub rub rub, I eventually start getting carbomer balls all over and it's a pain.

As others have mentioned on here, I think this is THE BIGGEST issue with Supernova. It works, so some people will put up with it. Keep reading below too...

I pretty much agree with you. I used Supernova Beta - bought two bottles. It was my first Evomuse topical product. I still have a little left in each bottle because by the end it got too clumpy and unpleasant to use. Having said that, I have since begun using Ab Ab and some final production versions of SN - the Ab Ab was WAY better and the latest version of SN is also way better. There are still some balls with SN, but they aren't nearly as bad and absorption is much better. I think this experience shows that there are some QC issues, which goes back to Matt wearing too many hats at a small company - but it also shows that Matt is listening and reformulating and making improvements. For whatever that is worth.

I've had similar issues with some of the other Evomuse products as well, especially with Eviscerate. Use a little less, but it's likely that you'll still notice it clumping.

And I would agree with The_Old_Guy on Evomuse QC. They make phenomenal products, but each bottle is inconsistent. I could swear I had a bottle of AbAb that was bad. The first bottle I used was incredible, and the second bottle I ordered months later did absolutely nothing for me. Love the company, but wished the QC was a bit better...
Again, I agree with both of you. I love the stuff that Matt puts out, and I love the way he puts his heart and soul into it and really wants to do right. I think that most of the time it can be tough - customers don't always complain, they just stop buying. Hearing where things can be improved and tweaked is actually extremely helpful and I don't think Matt takes that part personally at all.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll be looking to pick up a partner this weekend that will help immensely, letting me focus on what I do best. Our goal is to have complete restock of everything by Summer, and once that stress is off of me it will help a ton.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I will try the microwave tonight. I have been putting it on right before bed as told. Maybe I should try to pat it in instead of rubbing it. I will keep you updated to see how this works!

I don't mind the clumping factor (more thinking I hope the product isn't coming off), I just hope it will still be effective.