Coop's Corner #1: Forskolin + B-agonists

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed. And it's a shame that people don't value the opinion of PES reps as much as someone who isn't a rep for the company. Top notch products that I've never been disappointed with.
It isn't about valuing their opinion, hearing unbiased feedback from a user without a vested interest in the company has potent value. I expect reps to push products, but when I hear reputable members talk positively about a product, it boosts my interest. That is what these forums are all about.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love PES. But all the reps and most people here markets them like crazy. It gets a little annoying lol

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love PES. But all the reps and most people here markets them like crazy. It gets a little annoying lol
I see where that's going. But I think coop and natty along with all the reps help people a lot more than other companies do. Nothing against others but I value each rep they have

And I can understand where your coming from if the products were not good. However I personally use their products and thoroughly enjoyed each one

Anabeta and alpha t2 being my fave

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see where that's going. But I think coop and natty along with all the reps help people a lot more than other companies do. Nothing against others but I value each rep they have And I can understand where your coming from if the products were not good. However I personally use their products and thoroughly enjoyed each one Anabeta and alpha t2 being my fave
I definitely appreciate their help and they're the most helpful out of all reps. Same here. I love PES products :)

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
It isn't about valuing their opinion, hearing unbiased feedback from a user without a vested interest in the company has potent value. I expect reps to push products, but when I hear reputable members talk positively about a product, it boosts my interest. That is what these forums are all about.
I agree with all that. However, like EBF was saying, people like Coop and Natty are among the most knowledgeable folks on this forum and simply because they happen to rep for a company that happens to make solid products, their opinions (which should be held highly given their credibility) aren't as valued as some non-rep that might come in and say the same thing.

I'm not saying their opinions aren't valued and I'm not saying their opinions should be held highest. I'm simply saying that it's a shame that their opinions sometimes appear less trustworthy to certain people because they rep for PES.

Spindletop

Spindletop

Awards
I bought some of the AS F95 a while back but after reading some other studies I'm a bit hesitant to take it. It seems that this elevates cAMP in every cell in the body, which may or may not be a good thing. For example I read something that indicated that forskolin reduces activity in the prefrontal cortex. I'm all about burning some fat, but not necessarily at the expense of cognitive function, or other issues. Does anyone know how this stuff affects cells that regulate hormones and so on? How about other negative side effects in healthy people?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bought some of the AS F95 a while back but after reading some other studies I'm a bit hesitant to take it. It seems that this elevates cAMP in every cell in the body, which may or may not be a good thing. For example I read something that indicated that forskolin reduces activity in the prefrontal cortex. I'm all about burning some fat, but not necessarily at the expense of cognitive function, or other issues. Does anyone know how this stuff affects cells that regulate hormones and so on? How about other negative side effects in healthy people?
I'm taking 100mg plus some coleus from other sources I have not seen a decline

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Forksolin is used as a nootropic in many stacks due to its ability to elevate cAMP. It should increase thyroid function, T levels, and free T levels.

Touey

Touey

Awards
Agreed. And it's a shame that people don't value the opinion of PES reps as much as someone who isn't a rep for the company. Top notch products that I've never been disappointed with.
I see where that's going. But I think coop and natty along with all the reps help people a lot more than other companies do. Nothing against others but I value each rep they have

And I can understand where your coming from if the products were not good. However I personally use their products and thoroughly enjoyed each one

Anabeta and alpha t2 being my fave
I definitely appreciate their help and they're the most helpful out of all reps. Same here. I love PES products :)
I agree with all that. However, like EBF was saying, people like Coop and Natty are among the most knowledgeable folks on this forum and simply because they happen to rep for a company that happens to make solid products, their opinions (which should be held highly given their credibility) aren't as valued as some non-rep that might come in and say the same thing.

I'm not saying their opinions aren't valued and I'm not saying their opinions should be held highest. I'm simply saying that it's a shame that their opinions sometimes appear less trustworthy to certain people because they rep for PES.
Having trust all them bros other then that posh wanker bdcc

Spindletop

Spindletop

Awards
Forksolin is used as a nootropic in many stacks due to its ability to elevate cAMP. It should increase thyroid function, T levels, and free T levels.
Yeah, but those nootropic stacks all spec dosage at 5mg or less, and actually recommend against the levels most people here are taking. They also seem to be working on increasing long term memory, where increased cAMP in the brain seems to reduce working memory. And while I don't dispute what you say about thyroid function and test, shouldn't it also increase levels of insulin, aromatase, and so on through the same mechanism? What about effects on precancerous/cancerous cells? Not trying to give you a hard time-just want to understand potential long term effects, and you seem to know about this stuff.

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but those nootropic stacks all spec dosage at 5mg or less, and actually recommend against the levels most people here are taking. They also seem to be working on increasing long term memory, where increased cAMP in the brain seems to reduce working memory. And while I don't dispute what you say about thyroid function and test, shouldn't it also increase levels of insulin, aromatase, and so on through the same mechanism? What about effects on precancerous/cancerous cells? Not trying to give you a hard time-just want to understand potential long term effects, and you seem to know about this stuff.
In for some answers. Fair questions.

Jon_b

Jon_b

Awards
Excessive cAMP does seem to impair working memory, and other functions of the PFC theoretically. But it's hard to tell what is excessive cAMP and if oral forskolin supplementation would cause this level of cAMP increase in the brain.

PMID: 17448997

cAMP increases do have beneficial effects in other parts of the brain (long term memory like you mentioned) but in the pre frontal cortex it's not so good.

xhrr

Awards
Are you asking a question? What are we supposed to have thoughts on, other than where you cut and pasted that article?

Plagiarism
Why even comment? We get it you don't like Touey. He posted an article in attempt to get some conversation going, it happen all the time why don't you go be a plagiarism Nazi and call them out too. Don't you have some groundbreaking make all other protein powders obsolete protein to push?

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why even comment? We get it you don't like Touey. He posted an article in attempt to get some conversation going, it happen all the time why don't you go be a plagiarism Nazi and call them out too. Don't you have some groundbreaking make all other protein powders obsolete protein to push?
Maybe you need a "sense of humor" Nazi or a "chill out" Nazi in your life. Take a deep breath; everything will be ok.

I love Touey by the way. If I had Twitter I'd subscribe to him.

xhrr

Awards
Maybe you need a "sense of humor" Nazi or a "chill out" Nazi in your life. Take a deep breath; everything will be ok.

I love Touey by the way. If I had Twitter I'd subscribe to him.
In.....and out......ahhhh

Continue on your quest white knight

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

xhrr

Awards
I've considered keeping this cordial exchange going but.....

back to the thread............

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Just picked up some Forskolin-95 and Compound 20. Gonna add them to an AnaBeta stack next week. C20's always treated me well, especially when paired with forskolin, but I was using a 10% extract. I can only imagine how much more synergistic it will work with the C20.

Great write up, Coop!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just picked up some Forskolin-95 and Compound 20. Gonna add them to an AnaBeta stack next week. C20's always treated me well, especially when paired with forskolin, but I was using a 10% extract. I can only imagine how much more synergistic it will work with the C20.

Great write up, Coop!
Totally jelly I just finished 8 weeks ofc20. Will be taking 4 weeks off then running that same stack above :D

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just picked up some Forskolin-95 and Compound 20.
I've just finished bottle #1 of F-95... I like what I see so far body comp wise other than my face seems to be a tad bit more prone to breaking out. I am also going to start Compound 20 this weekend with my second bottle of F-95.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Sweet!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any benefit for taking Forskolin on cycle?

Jake_916

Jake_916

Awards
I want to stack this with Compound 20 and I know forskolin is best taken on empty stomach and C20 with meals, so my question is would it be fine to take these at separate times or do I have to stack them at the same time? Thanks!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I want to stack this with Compound 20 and I know forskolin is best taken on empty stomach and C20 with meals, so my question is would it be fine to take these at separate times or do I have to stack them at the same time? Thanks!
If compound 20 is a beta-2 agonist, it should be taken fasted

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If compound 20 is a beta-2 agonist, it should be taken fasted
I Always dosed my c20 pre fasted training in the morning and then before my last meal if the day, at least 1-1.5 hours after any food to allow for blood sugar to drop and stomach to empty

Jake_916

Jake_916

Awards
Thanks for the reply coop. I was basing that off the bottle instructions but if its better taken fasted thats even better for me.

Jake_916

Jake_916

Awards
Could you explain why it's better to take beta-a's on an empty stomach? Thanks coop!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the reply coop. I was basing that off the bottle instructions but if its better taken fasted thats even better for me.
Hi Jake. Some people experience a slight stomach discomfort when dosing Compound 20® on an empty stomach; however, myself and others take it fasted without any issues. You may want to try it on a non-training day first to see how you respond.

Jake_916

Jake_916

Awards
Awesome thanks fellas for the replies. I will try it tomorrow first thing in AM before my fasted HIIT.

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
forskolin+sida cordifolia = Win on fasted training? bcaa dont trigger insulin right?

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
This thread is very informative. Learning something new everyday

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Posted this in the F-95 thread, but I'm going to post it here also:

I bought a few bottles of F-95 and am wondering if I'm taking 75mg per day is it best to split that in 3 doses of 25mg or 1 dose of 50mg and 1 dose of 25mg. I would dose 3x50mg, but my bottles would go crazy fast.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been taking 4 ABE caps plus 2 Analyzed Supps Forskolin-95 caps plus 2 PES Alpha-T2 / day. So far I am liking the results.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stay away from acidic foods and simple sugars when you take it.

Eat nice complex carbs and MCT's.
Peanut butter sammy's on whole grain. Bam

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm taking 100mg for the full 12 weeks, started on the first of this month... Should I dose 50mg with each dose of my thermo, or break them up. No GI issues noted the first 3 days doin two doses of 50mg... Just wanna get the most out of it.. Doses have been 4 hours apart, wondering if more beneficial to spread them out further apart...

Perhaps

50mg pre workout with thermo
25mg 4 hours later with thermo
25mg 2-3 hours later prior to/with a meal OR at bed.... Any benefit to dosing AT bed?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm taking 100mg for the full 12 weeks, started on the first of this month... Should I dose 50mg with each dose of my thermo, or break them up. No GI issues noted the first 3 days doin two doses of 50mg... Just wanna get the most out of it.. Doses have been 4 hours apart, wondering if more beneficial to spread them out further apart... Perhaps 50mg pre workout with thermo 25mg 4 hours later with thermo 25mg 2-3 hours later prior to/with a meal OR at bed.... Any benefit to dosing AT bed?
Id go with 50mg with your thermo doses.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm taking 100mg for the full 12 weeks, started on the first of this month... Should I dose 50mg with each dose of my thermo, or break them up. No GI issues noted the first 3 days doin two doses of 50mg... Just wanna get the most out of it.. Doses have been 4 hours apart, wondering if more beneficial to spread them out further apart...

Perhaps

50mg pre workout with thermo
25mg 4 hours later with thermo
25mg 2-3 hours later prior to/with a meal OR at bed.... Any benefit to dosing AT bed?

I didn't think you slept. I thought you just stayed up all night counting calories and supplement dosages. :thumbsup: