Contest Prep begins!!!

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, I just closed on my house. I'm in the process of moving. Yesterday and today are VERY difficult to stay on diet since I don't have any of the food I need for my diet and I have no time to cook it. As I type this, my girlfriend is yelling at me to help pack more stuff.

Gotta go.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok, now that I've fully moved in, and my 16 week countdown has fully begun, I'll hopefully be able to give more updates.

My current bodyweight is 201 in the morning. My strength is hurting TOO badly. I managed 250 on both pulldowns and low cable rows today, and 120 pound DB rows for 10 reps per side. Then again, over the past few weeks I've really been focusing on my back and shoulders. Shoulders have been a weak point of mine, and backs win comps.

From what I've seen, if you have a wide, thick back and a good quad sweep, you have what you need in the size department. In fact, back width isn't really what is important, it's V-taper and back thicness. Unfortunately my waist is naturally somewhat wide so I need a wider back to get a better V.

Anyway, as far as diet goes, it is what it is. I wound up eating more than I should have on not only Christmas but Christmas Eve as well. The wrong kinds of foods, too. I even ate .... dessert. It's the only time of year I get a chance to have rum cake, and the only time I get a chance to have Cheesecake from Michelle Lorie (a cheesecake shop in Trenton; more specifically, the BEST cheesecake shop in the entire world IMO).

Anyway, so I've cut the carbs a down a bit more as a result. Only 1 cup of broccoli, and a half cup of wild rice.

I'm hungry. Constantly. Even right after I'm done eating.

I've been evaluating different types of foods, and I've purchased a couple of different marinades for chicken.

Oh, and for breakfast every day, I now have a bowl of unflavored grits mixed with 1 scoop of ATW 20/30. It's actually my favorite meal of the day. I love grits; they remind me of cornbread which I love even more.

Hankes64

Awards
This is nice reading Null, too bad more A-hole's from M&F dont appreciate this more. I'm cutting 6 months in advance to ensure I lose the weight, I'm 240 now and hoping to hit 200 for my first contest. I'm severely endomorphic so I'd how this will turn out, I'll be sure to send some pics to ya if you dont mind, I could use all the help I can get.

HSK

Mods if you are reading this, I know I'm 20 plese don't ban me, I'm not posting in the Anabolics section until I'm 21. When I hit that age that will make 24 months I've been researching.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I upped the cardio as of this morning. I'm now doing a full hour on the recumbant bike.
Weight after cardio this morning: 198.5

Hankes64

Awards
I upped the cardio as of this morning. I'm now doing a full hour on the recumbant bike.
Weight after cardio this morning: 198.5
How much lifting are you doing and how many cals a day are you at now?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm lifting roughly 6 days a week now. As always, my lifting is kind of a Lee Priest-ian approach. I work whatever muscle I feel like working that day or that I feel needs the most work. Plus if I feel really crappy and that I won't get any kind of a decent workout, I'll take a rest day. So 6 days is an estimate. There was a week that I lifted all 7 days. There was a week that a took 3 rest days. The least amount of days in a week I'll lift lately is 4. Let's put it that way.

Anyway, shoulders have been coming along nicely. I can do 225 overhead on a smith for 10-12 which makes me happy. I still feel too unstable doing freeweight overhead though.

As for calories, I have to find my worksheets. Currently I cut the cals a bit and upped the cardio to make up for Christmas feasting. That won't be maintained though.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Good log Null, enjoyable reading here. Keep us posted with some pics if you dont mind. I know my roomate used to hate it when he dieting for a show and I would tell him how good he was looking. Kind of made his head swole up and then he would cheat. So, with that bieng said, if you dont wanna see your self or hear comments, I understand totally.
Drew

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's kind of funny you say that.

I'm posting on Outlaw as well, and some guy said I look like "some fat guy who doesn't even work out." It really pissed me off to no end. He and several others said they think I don't have a build capable of competing. That also pissed me off to no end.

But oddly it did something positive. It made my resolve even more solid. Because of their assholian comments, I now no longer am even remotely tempted by food. I don't balk at my cardio, and I make NO exceptions in my schedule. I'll be damned if I fail!

A lot of people say "yourself is the only person you ever need to prove anything to." That may be true, but it feels DAMN good to prove something to someone else. Especially someone who tells you that you don't have what it takes.

Hankes64

Awards
**** them man, its the end product is all that matters, I put on close to 40lbs after contest season and i look like hell, you've seen Lee Priest right? First you have to pay the fee and then you get to go to the party and the party is the contest. Without the fee you don't get to go to the party. I'm curious is to how well you're going to cut up and something tells me you're going to be damn cut.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking I may end up a lightweight in the end, not a middle weight. Reason being I'm aparently holding much more waterweight than I had anticipated.

Anyway, I want to be absolutely RIPPED for this competition. I'm talking Dexter Jackson ripped. It's highly unlikely I'd have any shot at the overall as a lightweight, but stranger things have happened. If I manage to come in as shredded as I intend, and if I have a very symmetrical physique, it could happen.

Then again, the overall winner is typically lightheavy, heavy, or superheavy anyway. I'm still going to stick to my plan of shooting for the overall though.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
by the way null eat as much broccoli as you want it really has no negative effects at all .. it kept me sane while i was dieting because it would satiate my appetite .. somewhat

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Broccoli is good yum yum. Keep up the good work.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, in a bind of no broccoli, a tall glass of psyllium husks before the tiny meal fills you up too... Not as tasty though...

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yes broccoli is great, and grunt thanks for the psylium husk idea, def will do to stave of the late night carb cravings...

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cravings are a non-issue. I get hunger pangs, well, I pretty much ALWAYS have hunger pangs, but I've learned to ignore them. Cravings are psychological and very easy to dismiss. At least for now. I will keep the idea in mind if for whatever reason they become an issue later. I imagine they might if I start getting overconfident in my progress.

Though I should still probably take some metamucil or something at night to help "clear the system" the following morning. That would also help with more accurate weighing.

Speaking of which, I was 198 exactly this morning. By tomorrow morning I expect to be 197-197.5.

Now that I'm back to work, my schedule has become extremely rigid. Which is EXCELLENT for contest prep.

3:50AM wake up
3:51-4:51 cardio on recumbant bike, easy pace; like 12-15 mph, tension setting 1 or 2
4:51-5:05 bathroom ritual and get dressed
5:05-5:20 eat breakfast
5:20-5:39 prep for work
5:40 leave for work

I come home in the evening, various times depending on traffic conditions, but usually around 5:00PM. At which point I have an evening meal, and immediately go to the gym. Lifting on an empty stomach is a recipe for catabolism, especially on a pre-contest diet.

The gym is only about 2 miles from my house so getting there and back is really quick. After the gym, I drink a protein shake (water based).

In the evening I do whatever, and then at 8:50PM I eat some chicken. By 9:00PM I am fast asleep.

Yeah, 8 hours of sleep would be better, but going to sleep at 8PM is typically not feasible.

The weekend will be a test though. I work better when I have a mandatory schedule to stick to. Sudden lapses in the schedule like a weekend provides will prove difficult to adjust to at first. I'll overcome, but planning each weekend in advance so a schedule exists for the weekend, albeit a different schedule than the one that exists for during the week.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Keep it up, and i hope you come in Dex ripped too!

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
definitely make sure you're getting enough veggies/fiber in there man

and keep on truckin brotha

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Update on schedule:

On Wednesday I had the opportunity to do a site visit. It was really cool and I can't tell you folks anything about it, but it was definitely an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. Unfortunately, the site was in NYC, and I didn't back to the office until 6:30PM. Thus I didn't get home until close to 8PM. This gave me only enough time to eat a meal and go to sleep. Because it was already so late, I had no wild rice, and instead had some egg beaters with my chicken. Couldn't workout :frustrate

I carpooled yesterday. It was a mistake. The driver, a manager, stayed at work until 5:30PM. If you do the math, that is a 10 and a half hour workday. I didn't get home until 7PM. Similar situation to Wednesday. :frustrate

That's 2 days in a row I didn't have time to work out in the evening. I'm making my workout schedule more flexible and creating two workout days I can do in my own basement and will take roughly 30 minutes. Hopefully this will allow me to get a workout in on days like those mentioned without losing sleep. Sleep is VERY important.

Today I carpooled again, but with only 1 co-worker, a co-worker who can leave at 3:30PM. Next week the carpool will be just the 2 of us, with the possibility of adding one other who has the ability to leave at a decent hour (4PM at the absolute latest). So hopefully days like the past 2 will be avoided.

My workout schedule is now very amorphous. This makes it flexible; able to adapt to issues that pop up. What I mean by amorphous is, I don't decide what muscle group I'll work that day till I get to the gym. At that point I pick 3 or 4 exercises for that muscle group(s) and have at it. When making my decision, I keep in mind what I've worked recently, what parts are lagging, and what I would be most enthusiastic to work out. That last part is the lowest priority but has to be given some merit. For example, if I worked shoulder 4 days ago and they need bringing up, but they are kinda achey or I just simply feel like I'd be bored outta my mind doing shoulders that day, I'll do something else instead. That way I attempt to make my workouts as efficient as possible.

Oh, and my weight this morning was 197.5. If it is 197 tomorrow, that will mean 19 pounds lost in 6 weeks (roughly 3 of which had serious dieting, and 1 of which had pretty much no dieting and contained 1 or 2 days of poor food choices).

I ran some calculations to make some VERY rough predictions. If I maintain a 3 pound per week loss for the next 3 weeks, followed by 2 pounds a week for 3 weeks, followed by 1 pound a week for 7 weeks, and then about 10 pounds the final week (water wieght lost in the final week), that would put me at 165 pounds for the day of the contest, smack dab in the center of Middleweight.

Of course, who knows how I'll react to the Test Prop and Tren Ace. I may even gain weight from them. Or perhaps, I'll continue losing weight faster than anticipated. In that event, I may end up on the border of lightweight.

As I said though, whatever weight puts me at my best condition, that's the weight I want to be.

Last edited:

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They know I'm competing on April 15th. I've told them. They know my diet is ridiculously strict; I remind them every time they offer me a donut (or any other kind of food) or they all go out to eat for lunch.

I don't think however they know full well the degree to which virtually everything in my life has to be regulated in order to prep for this competition.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Morning weight 195.5. A little less than 14 weeks to go.

Yesterday I did back. I lowered the rest times a little because I felt like I've been dragging my ass in the gym lately. I also increased the number of sets.

5 sets of pulldowns
4 sets hammerstrength low row
4 sets neutral grip pulldown
3 sets low cable row

The 3 sets of low cable row were mostly for pump. High rep stuff. I was surprised to discover that at the end of a workout like that though I was able to get 15 reps at 215 on the low cable row.

Supplementation is still just:

Multivitamin
Vitamin C
Celery Seed

Hankes64

Awards
Will you do cables for your back all the way through?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Will you do cables for your back all the way through?
Sometimes I do dumbell rows, sometimes barbell rows, somtimes I do partial deadlifts.

That day I felt like doing those exercises.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Ok, First day done.

I gotta say it is TOUGH to choke down 2 cups of chopped broccoli in one sitting. I think I'm going to rework my meals to halve the broccoli content. 8 cups a day is too much. Otherwise I'm going to drop weight too quickly.
The broccoli is used for a natural "anti estrogen" right? :blink:

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The broccoli is used for a natural "anti estrogen" right? :blink:
No. Broccoli is used because it is low calorie, extremely low glycemic index carbs, high fiber, and tons of vitamins. It's just about one of the healthiest foods in existance.

Oh and it helps suppress appetite.

If I want an anti-E, I'll use Letro.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
More folks dogging me over at Outlaw; saying I don't have enough muscle to compete. Telling me I need another 2 years or so of training.

It only serves to solidify my resolve.

192 this morning. At 11 weeks out I'll start the Test prop. I'll also go on ECA at that point.

Last night I was practicing posing a bit. I'm finally getting the hang of brining out each seperate muscle group in my quads. I've also been practicing vacuums and getting much better at them. I still haven't quite gotten the hang of the rear lat spread or how to best accentuate my back thickness. I'll probably have an easier time when I get down to a lower bodyfat percentage.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
UPDATE:
Yesterday morning I was 191. Had a back workout and through in some BB rows to start. Managed 10 reps at 245 and did that for 4 sets with a warm-up. I followed that up with deadlifts. I pyramided from 15 reps of 315 to 6 reps of 455 with a warmup at 225 to start to get back into the form of it. No belt this time which made me happy. Followed that with some pulldowns and low cable row, 4 sets of each, moderately light weight because the deads destroyed my grip unfortunately. Gotta work on increasing my grip.

Hankes64

Awards
You should be ok on muscle, I know a guy thats 5'6 160lbs and competes very well actually. He gets first in his weight class but not overall obviously.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You should be ok on muscle, I know a guy thats 5'6 160lbs and competes very well actually. He gets first in his weight class but not overall obviously.
5'6" 160 and getting first in your weightclass means his conditioning must be outstanding; it's 16 pound under the top of Middleweight and only 5 pounds from lightweight.

Proof positive that with fantastic conditioning and good proportions you can win your weightclass no matter where you fall within that class.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
More folks dogging me over at Outlaw; saying I don't have enough muscle to compete. Telling me I need another 2 years or so of training.

It only serves to solidify my resolve.

192 this morning. At 11 weeks out I'll start the Test prop. I'll also go on ECA at that point.

Last night I was practicing posing a bit. I'm finally getting the hang of brining out each seperate muscle group in my quads. I've also been practicing vacuums and getting much better at them. I still haven't quite gotten the hang of the rear lat spread or how to best accentuate my back thickness. I'll probably have an easier time when I get down to a lower bodyfat percentage.

Sounds to me like you are a little to worried about what others think. YOU are the one training and YOU are the one who knows your body best. Dont worry about them homos. Do what you gotta do. Here is a question I have for you though. Are you doing this for yourself, meaning, something you always wanted to do? Or, are you doing this for bringing home the #1 award? This is a big differance. If your expectaitions are to be number one, then I can see how what others say may affect you, if you are doing this for yourself and dont really care how you place, then it shouldnt really matter. I know deep down inside anyone who does this is a true competitor, but the initial reasons for doing this are what I am asking.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
null they're fucking morons .. i think you look great and you're going to look great when you step on stage .. keep doing what you're doing and keep your focus man

rock on

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm doing this because I want to feel a sense of accomplishment. If I don't place well but in my eyes my physique is well proportioned and well conditioned, I'll feel that sense of accomplishment.

It's a personal test of my own dedication and willpower. Just as I and many other gain pleasure from lifting heavy weights because we know the power it symbolizes, I am enjoying my contest preperation because I know the true willpower it symbolizes.

This particular contest is my first so it will also be a learning experience. It's an opportunity to see what works and doesn't work for me as far as dieting goes, an opportunity to hone my posing skills, and best yet an opportunity to be critiqued by official NPC judges on how best to improve my physique.

I want to improve and I know I'm not perfect. So, just like when you write code you need someone else to review it to get an unbiased look at your work, I value others' opinions on my physique because it shows me what others see that I myself may be missing.

An successful artist doesn't create art merely for himself. He creates art that others find aesthetically pleasing as well. I want my art to be the same. In my case, and the case of all bodybuilders, my canvas happens to be my own body.

Speischerkater

Awards
Keep it up, Null!
Don't listen to what other people tell you, you're looking good.

I really hope we get to see your contest pics!

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
UPDATE:
Yesterday morning I was 191. Had a back workout and through in some BB rows to start. Managed 10 reps at 245 and did that for 4 sets with a warm-up. I followed that up with deadlifts. I pyramided from 15 reps of 315 to 6 reps of 455 with a warmup at 225 to start to get back into the form of it. No belt this time which made me happy. Followed that with some pulldowns and low cable row, 4 sets of each, moderately light weight because the deads destroyed my grip unfortunately. Gotta work on increasing my grip.
Strap it up man.

This isn't powerlifting. Its bodybuilding.

Back training is more important than grip training.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Strap it up man.

This isn't powerlifting. Its bodybuilding.

Back training is more important than grip training.
That was with straps. I have small hands though so my grip blows. I need to build up my grip though because as you saw my grip gives out quicker than my back does in many back workouts.

My gf got me one of those wrist rolling straps APT sells for Christmas. I've been putting off re-assembling my bench in the basement. Looks like I'll have to go ahead and do it if I want good grip.

Plus, good grip typically comes with good forearms. My forearms could ALWAYS use some more size.

Hankes64

Awards
5'6" 160 and getting first in your weightclass means his conditioning must be outstanding; it's 16 pound under the top of Middleweight and only 5 pounds from lightweight.

Proof positive that with fantastic conditioning and good proportions you can win your weightclass no matter where you fall within that class.
he was at 2% sub q i believe but man he was chiseled to the bone. if you get like that you are ok man.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok, I've revised my diet in light of my new weight. I'm 191 still.

My RMR is 1784
Sedentary day would be 2319
+350 calories for cardio
+700 calories for lifting
Total is 3369

Here is my new diet. There are variants which I will post later.

Meal 1: 5AM
1 scoop ATW 20/30
1 packet Quaker Instant Outmeal Weight Control
1 serving sugar free syrup

27g protein, 39g carb, 5g fat
309 calories

Meal 2: 8AM
2 scoop ATW 20/30

40g protein, 8g carb, 4g fat
228 calories

Meal 3: 11AM
5 pieces of marinaded grilled chicken breast tenders
0.5 cups wild rice

63g protein, 28g carb, 9g fat
445 calories

Meal 4: 2PM
2 scoop ATW 20/30

40g protein, 8g carb, 4g fat
228 calories

Meal 5: 5PM (~30 minutes pre-workout)
5 pieces of marinaded grilled chicken breast tenders
0.5 cups wild rice

63g protein, 28g carb, 9g fat
445 calories

Meal 6: 7PM (~30 minutes post-workout)
2 scoops ATW 20/30
40g protein, 8g carb, 2g fat
228 calories

DAILY TOTALS
total for day: 273g protein, 119g carb, 35g fat
1092 protein, 476 carb, 315 fat
1883 total
58 protein/25 carb/17 fat

mmmm, low carb.
Increasing water intake to 1.5 gallons per day.

Oh, forgot to add: started Test Prop 100mg EOD beginning Sunday. In two weeks I'll add Tren Ace 100mg EOD.

Last edited:

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
PIC TIME!

These were taken on Saturday, 1-21-2006

Front relaxed

Side Tricep

Rear Lat Spread

Back Double Bicep

Left Leg

Right Leg

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Great abs & calves. Good progress thus far. Have you updated your estimated contest weight?

Hankes64

Awards
Your legs bro...its like the Tom Platz on the Middleweights...

The only spot I can see you may have a problem is your shoulders but other than that you are very aesthetic.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
After looking over my pics I realise now just how much more I have to go before I reach my goal. I'll be going on ECA for a week, or so and then switching over to Clen + Keto. I hate the cramps I get on clen, but that's just one more sacrifice I'll have to make. I'll just have to make sure to up the Potassium intake. About 300-400mgs with every meal should keep the cramps at bay.

Hankes64

Awards
After looking over my pics I realise now just how much more I have to go before I reach my goal. I'll be going on ECA for a week, or so and then switching over to Clen + Keto. I hate the cramps I get on clen, but that's just one more sacrifice I'll have to make. I'll just have to make sure to up the Potassium intake. About 300-400mgs with every meal should keep the cramps at bay.
Have any accutane on hand?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Have any accutane on hand?
Accutane isn't something you just decide to take. It certainly isn't something to take pre-contest. Accutane dries out your skin until it splits and bleeds and makes you ultra sensative to sunlight. As in, 15 minutes of sun, and you're badly burned and ill. To top it off, it takes many many months of treatment to be effective even for facial acne. On accutane, acne actually worsens significantly for the first week or two.

Besides, accutane has been proven to be far less efficacious in folks with body acne as opposed to face acne. It is believed the machanisms behind body acne and face acne are different.

The acne should get cleared up a bit when I start tanning regularly. Which is another reason why I should probably start tanning soon.

Hankes64

Awards
Accutane isn't something you just decide to take. It certainly isn't something to take pre-contest. Accutane dries out your skin until it splits and bleeds and makes you ultra sensative to sunlight. As in, 15 minutes of sun, and you're badly burned and ill. To top it off, it takes many many months of treatment to be effective even for facial acne. On accutane, acne actually worsens significantly for the first week or two.

Besides, accutane has been proven to be far less efficacious in folks with body acne as opposed to face acne. It is believed the machanisms behind body acne and face acne are different.

The acne should get cleared up a bit when I start tanning regularly. Which is another reason why I should probably start tanning soon.
Interesting, my brother used to take it and had no side effects but it depends on the person.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Interesting, my brother used to take it and had no side effects but it depends on the person.
Having no side effects with accutane is rare. Very rare.

Here's a short list of side effects of accutane broken down by category:

Body
allergies
vasculitis
systemic hypersensitivity
edema
fatigue
lympadenopathy

Cardiovascular
palpitation
tachycardia
vascular thrombotic disease
stroke

Endocrine/Metabolic
hypertriglyceridemia (increases triglycerides)
altered blood sugar levels

Gastrointestinal
inflammatory bowel disease
hepatitis (yep, you cna develop a nonviral/nonbacterial form of hepatitis from it)
pancreatitis
bleeding and inflammation of gums
colitis
esophagitis/esophageal ulceration
ileitis
nausea

Hematologic
anemia
thrombocytopenia
neutropenia

Musculoskeletal
skeletal hyperstosis
calcification of tendons and ligaments
decreased bone mineral density
back pain
myalgia
arthralgia
transient chest pain
arthritis
tendonitis
other bone abnormalities

Neurological
pseudotumor cerebri
dizziness
drowsiness
headache
insomnia
lethargy
malaise
nervousness
paresthesias
seizures
syncope
weakness

Psychiatric
suicidal ideation
suicide attempts
suicide
depression
psychosis
aggression
violent behaviors
emotional instability

Respiratory
bronchospasma

Skin and Appendages
acne fulminans
alopecia
bruising
cheilitis (dry lips)
dry mouth
dry nose
dry skin
epistaxis
eruptive xanthomas
flushing
fragiolity of skin (your skin tears very easily)
hair abnormalities
hirsutism
hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation (more commonly hypo; you can become almost like an albino while on it)
susceptibility to infections
nail dystrophy
paronychia
peeling of palms and soles
photoallergic/photosensitizing reactions
pruritus
pyogenic granuloma
rash
sunburn susceptibility increased (VASTLY)
sweating
urticaria
abnormal wound healing (delayed healing, crusting of wounds, excessive scarring)

Hearing
hearing impairment

Vision
corneal opacities
decreased night vision which may become permanent
cataracts
color vision disorder
conjunctivitis (makes you more susceptible to it)
dry eyes
eylid inflammation
keratitis
optic neuritis
photophobia
visual disturbance

Urinary
glomerulonephritis
nonspecific urogenital findings (EEK!)

Lab test findings
Elevated triglycerides
decrease in HDL cholesterol
increase in LDL cholesterol
Increased AST, ALT, GGTP, and LDH (messes with your liver BIGTIME)
increased blood sugar
decreased red blood cell count
decreased white blood cell count
increased platelet count
whit blood cells in urine

Accutane is some seriously nasty ****.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Def be careful of Accutane, an ex friend of my wife took Accutane for her acne, and it burned her skin, and made it darker, so keep it up bro, and I know you'll kick some East coast ASS!!!

Hankes64

Awards
I dont know if you have been on EF ever Null, but thats Pdaddy's playground as well and a lot of people on there use accutane like its nothing. I'm well aware of the side effects of it but I figured that you are Null and could use responsibly, thats what I assume anyway. I always used a medium dose of niacin, any truth to that? I know it turns me red but from what I experience I have acedotal evidence that it helps clear me up.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont know if you have been on EF ever Null, but thats Pdaddy's playground as well and a lot of people on there use accutane like its nothing. I'm well aware of the side effects of it but I figured that you are Null and could use responsibly, thats what I assume anyway. I always used a medium dose of niacin, any truth to that? I know it turns me red but from what I experience I have acedotal evidence that it helps clear me up.
Depending on the type of niacin, it could have an adverse effect on your liver. Especially the timed release kind of niacin.

Yes tons of people use accutane without a doctor. Many of these people experience horrible side effects that are not visible to the naked eye. For example, people get sick far more often while on accutane but few realise it is the accutane that is responsible. Many people get emotional on accutane but think it's just the AAS or even that they aren't acting abnormally. Many vision impairments on accutane are gradual, permanent, and sometimes continue to worsen after treatment ends. So while on your eyesight might be fine, but gradually get worse over time. Same with hearing.

The point is, just because someone THINKS they are fine or haven't experienced any sides doesn't mean they are fine or that they haven't had any sides. That kind of thinking is the same as folks who think just because their nuts feel fine they aren't suppressed.

Hankes64

Awards
Depending on the type of niacin, it could have an adverse effect on your liver. Especially the timed release kind of niacin.

Yes tons of people use accutane without a doctor. Many of these people experience horrible side effects that are not visible to the naked eye. For example, people get sick far more often while on accutane but few realise it is the accutane that is responsible. Many people get emotional on accutane but think it's just the AAS or even that they aren't acting abnormally. Many vision impairments on accutane are gradual, permanent, and sometimes continue to worsen after treatment ends. So while on your eyesight might be fine, but gradually get worse over time. Same with hearing.

The point is, just because someone THINKS they are fine or haven't experienced any sides doesn't mean they are fine or that they haven't had any sides. That kind of thinking is the same as folks who think just because their nuts feel fine they aren't suppressed.
I remember my brother had to see the doctor every month while on accutane. He had bloodwork done and all sorts of stuff.