Concerning First cycle

EaZyVe1

Awards
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and just had some questions concerning a first cycle. I've done a lot of reading and research concerning the topic and had a few questions hoping some guys with more experience could answer. I was thinking of doing Test Eth alone for 12 weeks in order to monitor any sides. I'm simply looking to gain extra weight and was wondering which pct was more effective.. A SERM pct or test stasis and tapering PCT and if now would be an appropriate time to start.
I've been lifting for 3 years(2.5 good solid training) six days a week. I'm currently 5'7 at 160 lbs. and 16% bf and am not going to get any taller (I've talked to my doctor about it.) I'm eating 3600 cals a day and have gained 8 lbs. since I started doing so 2 months ago. I'm simply looking for thoughts, comments, and critiques from more experienced guys. Anything helps!

EaZyVe1

Awards
Also I'm 20 yrs. old turning 21 in August.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
What does your training regimen look like?

EaZyVe1

Awards
My split is:
Sunday- Chest
Monday- Legs
Tuesday- Back
Wednesday- Abs and some HIIT( Jumprope and rope work)
Thursday- Bi's and Tri's
Friday- Shoulders
Saturday- Off day

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
What about sets and reps? What kind of weight are you moving on the main exercises?

EaZyVe1

Awards
Flat Bench- 275 1RM
Squat- 300 even 1RM
Haven't had a chance to 1RM deadlift but I'm at 5 sets at 225 for 10
As far as sets go and reps I rarely go over 5 sets on a particular exercise and like to keep reps at medium to low range in order to try to gain mass. Usually in the gym 1:45 give or take depending on the day.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Sounds like there's some imbalances. A 275 bench compared to a 300 squat is a bit of a red flag, although either at your weight is respectable.

Are you making decent gains? Strength-wise and mass-wise?

EaZyVe1

Awards
I understand the concerns. I have just been back on legs for about 7 months due to and ACL injury I suffered from basketball so I'm just getting back in the swing of things as far as legs go. My strength has gone up tremendously since I began junior year of high school and for mass I've gone from 115 to 160 in approx 2.75 years.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
With the tremendous gains, what's the hurry to jump on test?

EaZyVe1

Awards
No rush really but recently I have started to see plateaus in weight and strength gain and I figured the majority was just do to newbie gains. I've just been doing a lot of reading and research and was thinking of possibly testing the waters. Wondering on whether it seemed like a good time. My diet and training is on point and I'm mentally prepared. Just wanted some feed back from some more knowledgable guys like yourself

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I would say make some tweaks to your program, see if you can overcome these plateaus naturally first, because after the cycle is over, they'll still be there. Adding in AAS now might just complicate things. It's a great tool for continuing progress, but if you never learn to adjust, it's not going to take you all that far. And let's be honest here, at 160 pounds, it probably wouldn't take much to blow past this plateau.

Just my .02.

If you feel like it, lay out your program and I'll give it an honest critique, I'll say one thing, I don't believe split routines are all that effective at the early stages.

And btw, i think a SERM is FAR superior to tapering protocols.

EaZyVe1

Awards
Ok thanks I really appreciate the input. The program I had in mind is
12 weeks test enth 500mg a week for 12 weeks along side a natty test booster if necessary.
PCT week 13- Nolva 20mg 2x/d or clomid 50mg 2x/d
PCT weeks 14-16 Nolva 20mg/d or clomid 25mg/d

Which do you think is better the clomid or Nolva?
Anything I need to add/remove?

EaZyVe1

Awards
Ok well I actually just changed the split up a month ago to what it is now. Should I be considering a more full body exercise approach? I have been tweaking it slightly to keep from one exercise too often.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok well I actually just changed the split up a month ago to what it is now. Should I be considering a more full body exercise approach? I have been tweaking it slightly to keep from one exercise too often.
Less isos and more compounds.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
It's usually best to do a program that has progression programmed into it. It doesn't sound like your doing that. Have you looked into PHAT? It sounds like it might be a good fit for you.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
you're up 8lbs in 2 months. Keep doing this. inj aren't magic, and you're gaining just as fast without as you'd be with

EaZyVe1

Awards
you're up 8lbs in 2 months. Keep doing this. inj aren't magic, and you're gaining just as fast without as you'd be with
alright man I'll hold off. I'll just keep doing what I'm doin. Appreciate the help

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
alright man I'll hold off. I'll just keep doing what I'm doin. Appreciate the help
np! you'll gain a lot off your first cycle, but then you use more and gain less ;/

EaZyVe1

Awards
np! you'll gain a lot off your first cycle, but then you use more and gain less ;/
so I've read. Alright another year or two of solid diet and training never killed anybody.

christhetic

christhetic

Awards
Do not start if your intention is to only complete one cycle. As far as compounds go I would definitely recommend prop over enth if you are able to handle the excessive pinning as the half life is roughly 2 and a half days you do not end up with copious amounts compounding in your system. This is useful as you have no idea as to your tolerance as of yet.

EaZyVe1

Awards
Do not start if your intention is to only complete one cycle. As far as compounds go I would definitely recommend prop over enth if you are able to handle the excessive pinning as the half life is roughly 2 and a half days you do not end up with copious amounts compounding in your system. This is useful as you have no idea as to your tolerance as of yet.
that is true and a good point. I've never had a problem with needles so as far as pinning goes I don't see a problem. My intention isn't only the one cycle I just laying out a simple plan and trying to see if I was at the appropriate training point and maturity level to run my first.

christhetic

christhetic

Awards
That is the problem, there isn't a universal start point. You must take into account both mental and physical maturity before taking the next step. I'm in no place to say you are to young as I am 19. In saying that there are a ridiculous number of variables which you need to consider in order to get the most from gear. It's no magic formula but it will amplify your growth if all other elements are aligned.

EaZyVe1

Awards
That is the problem, there isn't a universal start point. You must take into account both mental and physical maturity before taking the next step. I'm in no place to say you are to young as I am 19. In saying that there are a ridiculous number of variables which you need to consider in order to get the most from gear. It's no magic formula but it will amplify your growth if all other elements are aligned.
I feel that. I'm not looking for a short cut by any means. Just something to help me push even further

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel that. I'm not looking for a short cut by any means. Just something to help me push even further
Poor excuse. A mindset will help you push harder, same with more food.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Omg I'm in shock. Am I witnessing an OP who is actually going to take advice from members here on this matter? Much respect

christhetic

christhetic

Awards
A half life is relative to the amount of time an ester take to decrease in potency by 50%. For example if you pin 200mg of test prop, approximately 3 days later 100mg will be present in your system.

Number 10

Number 10

Awards
  • Established
A half life is relative to the amount of time an ester take to decrease in potency by 50%. For example if you pin 200mg of test prop, approximately 3 days later 100mg will be present in your system.
I could be wrong but I'm not entirely sure that's necessarily correct - having this discussion on another thread at the moment. There is (IMO) a difference between half-life of the ester and half-life of the base hormone once the ester is removed. The ester half-life has no effect on potency, merely an effect on the speed at which the base hormone is released into the system. Potency is an amalgamation of the speed at which the base hormone is released from the ester, and the speed at which it is secreted/metabolised from the system, giving a resultant peak systemic concentration of the target hormone. Frequency of dosage plays a large role in the actual result but has no effect on "potency" of a compound.

I'd appreciate getting your input into the discussion, as it is completely changing the way I look at cycling esters and setting up cycle lengths.

christhetic

christhetic

Awards
The confusion comes from the 2 terms being used synonymously when they should not be. "Half-life is not a reference for the total time a drug will be found active in the body. It may take several half-lives before the drug is completely inactive." Half-life: The period of time required for the concentration or amount of drug in the body to be reduced to exactly one-half of a given concentration or amount. Example: The half-life of anavar is 9 hours+/- (9 hours after oral administration of 50 mg of anavar, 25mg is still present in the body). Active life: Refers to the period in which the amount of a drug in the body is enough that it will still produce the desired effects for which it was administered. Or conversely, inhibit natural recovery of normal bodily function. It is dose dependent.

That is the understanding I have developed, in the same boat however could be wrong.

python93

python93

Awards
This might be a stupid question but oh well. You said the half life of anavar is around 9 hours. So let's say one week after I took anavar I get a steroid test... Does that mean that anavar will not be found in the steroid test?

Number 10

Number 10

Awards
  • Established
This might be a stupid question but oh well. You said the half life of anavar is around 9 hours. So let's say one week after I took anavar I get a steroid test... Does that mean that anavar will not be found in the steroid test?
Apologies mate, been away for a week. There's a simple way to work it out if you can use a spreadsheet package? Failing that PM me your email address, together with how long you've been taking it for and at what dose. Ultimately though, it depends on the sensitivity of their kit to a degree, but I can show you how to work out how quickly it leaves your body.