College students + Alcoholics.. Help me out here.

krazy

Awards
Ok..

One of the symptoms I feel I have noticed from having untreated low T (getting examined this weekend by Overbeck) is apathy. Aside from the obvious decrease in T, I pretty much feel apathy in many aspects of my social encounters. I more or less force myself to go out in party week after week in the vain hope that that night will be different and Ill have fun that night.

The result is I typically get drunk and wallflower for the entire night. Or get TOO drunk trying to loosen up.

Anyways. Has anyone noticed that, after beginning a TRT protocol, theyve felt effects from TRT extend to even when they are at their drunkest out on the weekends?

I mean, Im surrounded by drunk girls dressing provocatively asking to get ****ed pretty much and Im apathetic to it in the most crucial moment. Im hoping when I start TRT it might fix that. :cheers::drunk::chick::bruce3:

And, yes, I know hops are estrogenic and all that. Yadda yadda. But still... :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok..

One of the symptoms I feel I have noticed from having untreated low T (getting examined this weekend by Overbeck) is apathy. Aside from the obvious decrease in T, I pretty much feel apathy in many aspects of my social encounters. I more or less force myself to go out in party week after week in the vain hope that that night will be different and Ill have fun that night.

The result is I typically get drunk and wallflower for the entire night. Or get TOO drunk trying to loosen up.

Anyways. Has anyone noticed that, after beginning a TRT protocol, theyve felt effects from TRT extend to even when they are at their drunkest out on the weekends?

I mean, Im surrounded by drunk girls dressing provocatively asking to get ****ed pretty much and Im apathetic to it in the most crucial moment. Im hoping when I start TRT it might fix that. :cheers::drunk::chick::bruce3:

And, yes, I know hops are estrogenic and all that. Yadda yadda. But still... :)
Are you serious? Seriously.

You are demonstrating alcoholic behavior. Alcoholism is not treated with TRT.

Not the bold above --

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. " -Benjamin Franklin

"If we always do what we always did we will always get what we always got"

"If nothing changes, nothing changes"

I suggest looking into getting some counseling on alcoholism and alcoholic behavior.

You mentioned in the title "alcoholic". Do you consider yourself an alcoholic? Doesn't matter how much, how often or who else thinks you are or not. Do you?

krazy

Awards
Are you serious? Seriously.

You are demonstrating alcoholic behavior. Alcoholism is not treated with TRT.

Not the bold above --

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. " -Benjamin Franklin

"If we always do what we always did we will always get what we always got"

"If nothing changes, nothing changes"

I suggest looking into getting some counseling on alcoholism and alcoholic behavior.

You mentioned in the title "alcoholic". Do you consider yourself an alcoholic? Doesn't matter how much, how often or who else thinks you are or not. Do you?
Haha man, not hardly. Im 20 and in college. In fact, Id say most nights I sober up before even falling asleep. I dont drink to excess but I definitely go out and drink like any other college student.

Sure, every once in a while (like... once every month and a half), I get a little to excessive on the alcohol intake and might be hungover the next morning. But thats rare.

Alcohol has never been the source of any problems for me. It hasnt interfered with my work or responsibilities or caused me any consequences in my professional life. In fact, I get up earlier and get more done on my weekends than 90% of my friends.

Im not getting blitzed out of my mind night after night. 2 nights a week... and thats work permitting.

The 'alcoholic' in the title was a JOKE.

But what Im trying to find out is, when Im out drinking with my friends on these nights, is the TRT treatment going to be felt in these times too?

So, no, I dont consider myself an alcoholic. Not hardly.

PS - The part about forcing myself to go out is so I can get myself out there and be social as opposed to being lazy and staying inside. Im TRYING to improve my social skills and ability to have fun with others. I didnt say I was forcing myself to finish 20 cups of beer before the night is over.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But what Im trying to find out is, when Im out drinking with my friends on these nights, is the TRT treatment going to be felt in these times too?
TRT can treat underlying causes of depression, ED, lethargy, weight gain and other mood symptoms.

Do you feel it? No.

Well you do feel relief from the above mentioned symptoms if indeed those are symptoms that can be relieved by TRT alone.

Unless one is at supraphysiological (well above normal range) you really don't feel it. You may notice some improvement in some of those symptoms...could be subtle could be dramatic. But you feel TRT...drinking or not.

Remember one thing; all of us started out 'not alcoholic' until we continued to practice for years :)

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
yea.... how about just enjoying a good time without getting trashed....

you don't want to put any more added stress on your liver, with or without TRT...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remember one thing; all of us started out 'not alcoholic' until we continued to practice for years :)
I need to correct my misstatement.

Some of us are born predisposed and some of us not. Those predisposed are more likely to become active alcoholics if we practice. Those not predisposed can become so too with enough practice. Alcoholism is not just simply the consumption frequency and or amount, it is the behavior (in some cases it begins with social dependency on alcohol) that makes us alcoholic. Most are functional for a time. Time usually does run out for both.

If you are having these sort of issues that you describe maybe you should talk to your GP about it. Maybe there are undelying issues that you are not able to recognize on your won.

Good luck!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Have you been tested?
Post your

SHBG
TotalTestosterone
Albumin
E2(ultrasensitive)
Cortisol