Clomid to Boost endogenous test?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
First post here, hoping to get some of your opinions . I am wanting to use clomid or possible nolva with the addition of aromasin if needed to boost endogenous test. I am borderline low as per blood test. LH and FSH were also low, estradiol was mid range, shbg was high and GH was mid range. I can't find the actual blood test results so I may have to get them printed at my doctors office. I am usually low energy, confidence, poor libido, rarely get morning wood. In the past I believe I had good test levels although I have only ever had two blood tests. The most recent was was about 6 months ago which was prompted from a concussion. I haven't really felt the same since hitting my head and wanted my hormones checked. In the past however when doing everything right, sleeping, eating, lifting, meditating I felt super jacked up and put on a decent amount of muscle. Several friends and family members actually thought iIwas juicing. I have read about the clomid sides as well as the fact that it lowers igf1 and I am planning to take something to counteract that. Looking forward to hearing your opinions
Cheers
I am actually being put on clomid monotherapy instead of TRT by a TRT clinic after coming back with borderline low test. The reason I am going this route is because my wife and I are trying to have kids and I am only 34. Results are of course dependent on how a person reacts but my doc's husband on the same protocol I am about to go on tests come back in the 800 range. Too many factors involved to know how it will work for me but it'll be nice to finally be on a level playing field myself.

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
And to answer the question yes I feel terrific. My test is higher at 30 than it was when I was off cycle on my mid 20s. I don't think most people will give it enough time. Never would I ever only do a 4 weeks serm ever again. My last real cycle was 100mg injectable trest. Superdrol and test at 200 mg for 16 weeks. Super was 4 weeks at 20 mg. I got bloods on 8 weeks of clomid at only 12.5mg daily with d3 and a ai. Levels were in the 750s so I stopped and
Called it a successful pct. 2 years later I had test At 190. So in general in my opinion if you blast and cruise or want to but won't for whatever reason. Pct should consist of clomid until your next cycle so you never experience low t. In that case
12.5mg daily is plenty. And when you come off raise it for four weeks to 25 mg maybe 50 mg for a week or
Two but than drop it to 12.5 and stay on it until the next cycle
Couldn't agree with this more. This also has me firmly in the camp to not mess with anything that isn't real. I liked the Andro's for being mild, but dealing with the low t after stopping clomid was not worth it. Also happy to not deal with RC clomid and just getting legit from a DR. No guessing games.

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
Will Clomid as a standalone elevate Test levels enough to promote increases in LBM? Or do we need to be at supraphysiological doses of test?

edit: And are there any ways to avoid the emotional sides that are rather common with dosing Clomid? An AI perhaps?
Try to avoid sides by going with the minimum effective dose. Usually thats' 12.5mg eod.

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
I got Nolva and clomid yesterday, decided to take 10 mg Nolva last night. Had some serious morning wood this morning. Apperently Serms especially older ones have cancer and clood clotting isssues as possible side effects. Also they are known to lower igf 1
Clomid can cause thickening of the blood by increased red blood cell production. You could fix that by donating blood. You would have to get labs done to even know if it's happening to you before symptoms. Cancer could be exacerbated if it is already present. It doesn't cause it directly.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Clomid can cause thickening of the blood by increased red blood cell production. You could fix that by donating blood. You would have to get labs done to even know if it's happening to you before symptoms. Cancer could be exacerbated if it is already present. It doesn't cause it directly.
is this due to the normal effects of increased testosterone, or something specific to clomid itself?

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
is this due to the normal effects of increased testosterone, or something specific to clomid itself?
I think it is the testosterone but I am not 100%. I was given the information from my TRT doc and I didn't bounce that question off her.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Couldn't agree with this more. This also has me firmly in the camp to not mess with anything that isn't real. I liked the Andro's for being mild, but dealing with the low t after stopping clomid was not worth it. Also happy to not deal with RC clomid and just getting legit from a DR. No guessing games.
Low t after stopping clomid??

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
Low t after stopping clomid??
Yeah my low T came back 2 or 3 months after stopping the RC clomid. I noticed lifts still moving up but getting fat in the lower stomach, easier even with increased volume and asked to have T added to my already scheduled yearly physical bloodwork. That's what got the ball rolling. Now I have been doing some reading and there are guys who's levels dive after coming off of prescribed clomid too. It's probably a highly personal thing regarding what happens after coming off.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone comment on the half life of clomid? I'm seeing 5-7 days in some places, and others saying up to 11 weeks. I wanted to run a 6-8 week 25 mg/day before a comp I have in May.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can anyone comment on the half life of clomid? I'm seeing 5-7 days in some places, and others saying up to 11 weeks. I wanted to run a 6-8 week 25 mg/day before a comp I have in May.
The reason youll likely see a wide range of numbers is prolly due to the two isomers. The e-isomer has a much quicker elimination compared to the z-isomer. Ive seen some case studies show up to 3 months and longer for the z to be eliminated. It will vary person to person.

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Clomid_Half_Life.aspx

ozzie1987

ozzie1987

Awards
I was told take 2mg of adex per week spread out and 5mg of tamoxifen per day, but stuck at 12.5mg clomid due to concerns over igf levels and feel great too. Not had t levels checked though...

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I was told take 2mg of adex per week spread out and 5mg of tamoxifen per day, but stuck at 12.5mg clomid due to concerns over igf levels and feel great too. Not had t levels checked though...
5 mg of Nolva a day? what knucklehead told you that?

and yeah, that A-dex dose is a smidge high, depending on your E2 level or symptoms...

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if you're looking for the strongest SERM, then that would be clomid. sides are easily avoidable by taking a normal dosage (25 mg/day) and taking it before bed.

your E2 looked a little high as well, but it might be simpler to start off with the clomid, and then add in an AI later to dial that in....

below are some links to some info on SERMs and AIs:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288103-info-serms.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288969-info-ais.html

Also, make sure you're getting enough zinc, magnesium and vitamin D. a deficiency in any of those can lower your testosterone production...
Nope, I got prostate sides from 3 weeks of Clomid 25/25/12.5.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Nope, I got prostate sides from 3 weeks of Clomid 25/25/12.5.
wow... do you have a pre-existing issue with your prostate?

I've never heard of anybody having that come up before...

obviously my post was directed at what was the STRONGEST serm, not the one with the least side effects.....