Cjnator's workout journal (and other life stuff)

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I've never heard of shins complaining during a squat. But that sounds pretty scary.

CJNator

Awards
What happened?
I use to do the treadmill on a incline and it gave me shin splints.
I've never heard of shins complaining during a squat. But that sounds pretty scary.
It's not too bad but it sucks, once my calf muscle and hamstring start to meet is when the pain comes about. It's not a normal occurrence but I've looked it up and it happens.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My shin feels like it's going to snap in half so no more squats anymore rip squats
there is life after R.I.P. Squats. its just tough to accept. trust me I had to give them up about 8 years ago. Take twide as much time to build the legs without squats but you can do it. you have a hack squat machine?

CJNator

Awards
there is life after R.I.P. Squats. its just tough to accept. trust me I had to give them up about 8 years ago. Take twide as much time to build the legs without squats but you can do it. you have a hack squat machine?
I don't but most squating movements effect it, only goblet squats didn't too much but I'm going to stay away from them for a while.

CJNator

Awards
Day 36

Bench press
135x4
225x2x5

OHP
135x5
155x5

Incline Flies
65x9

Shoulder DB Press
75x10

Tricep pushdown
140x10

Did a bit of cardio then walked home, walked half way then realized I forgot my sweater lol so I'll call that good LISS cardio.

CJNator

Awards
I guess I didn't type anything I thought I did but I may have just been hallucinating lol. Anyways I won't be posting what day it is, just the workouts.

Yesterday:

Deadlifts
315x2
405x2x3

Leg extensions
*shin was too weak to follow through with

Lat pulldown
200x10
200x7

Calf press
90x2x10

Chin ups
BWx2x10

Planks and facepulls

Getting pretty fatigued quickly, also I think I'm going to roll with a YK11 and Osta cycle, recomp or lean bulk.

CJNator

Awards
Today:

Bench press
135x6
225x2x3

OHP
165x2x3

Incline Flies(not going heavy, will start to just do one set to failure)
45x2x10

Shoulder DB Press
75x10
75x9

Tricep pushdown
160x2x10

Planks and facepulls

CJNator

Awards
Deadlifts
315x2
405x2x3

Calf press
90x2x12
90x10

Lat pulldown neutral grip
200x10
200x7

I feel like I'm falling apart lol muscles are all unbalanced and my chin isn't really healing with time.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would start doing some isolation exercises until shin is healed. Keep in motion, bro!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deadlifts
315x2
405x2x3

Calf press
90x2x12
90x10

200x10
200x7

I feel like I'm falling apart lol muscles are all unbalanced and my chin isn't really healing with time.
I'm assuming your talking about your Shin? dont know what the F your Chin would have to do with anything except Muff diving. lol

CJNator

Awards
I did chest a couple of days ago then some of my friends did a random visit so I got pissed drunk with them(well I was piss drunk lol) and skipped a gym day to sleep in. So I missed 3 days but I'm not worried, I had a great workout. Today I ate too much before my work though.

Deadlifts
315x1
425x2
425x1

Leg extensions(isolated)
80x2x10

Lat pulldown
200x10
200x8

Calf press(will start doing every workout)
135x3x10

Chin ups
BWx3x10
BWx7

Anyone know of something oral that combats hair loss and prostate issues? I'll get a specific shampoo if I need to but orals are more convenient.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone know of something oral that combats hair loss and prostate issues? I'll get a specific shampoo if I need to but orals are more convenient.
Google: "Fo-Ti"
Herbal extract, natural DHT blocker, supposedly reverses hair loss.

Buy as 20:1 -or 30:1 extract to have benefits. Amazon has it.

CJNator

Awards
Bench press
135x8
225x1
245x3
245x2

OHP
185x2

Incline DB Flies
45x18

DB shoulder press
80x10
80x8

Tricep pushdown
150x10
160x10

Face pulls and planks

My workout is all thrown off right now but I had a idea. I'm just going to run YK11 but my lazy ass needs to get bloods done at the doctor, I'm doing a doctors just because I need to get one since I don't have a primary.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did chest a couple of days ago then some of my friends did a random visit so I got pissed drunk with them(well I was piss drunk lol) and skipped a gym day to sleep in. So I missed 3 days but I'm not worried, I had a great workout. Today I ate too much before my work though.

Deadlifts
315x1
425x2
425x1

Leg extensions(isolated)
80x2x10

Lat pulldown
200x10
200x8

Calf press(will start doing every workout)
135x3x10

Chin ups
BWx3x10
BWx7

What kind of prostrate issues are you having?

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Yep SFreed... you got me all worried I got colon cancer cause I mentioned prostate issues a couple weeks ago... lmao. Now I'm gonna get a colonoscopy, which I'm worried I'll enjoy a little

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep SFreed... you got me all worried I got colon cancer cause I mentioned prostate issues a couple weeks ago... lmao. Now I'm gonna get a colonoscopy, which I'm worried I'll enjoy a little
Prep is the worst part. Best thing is you'll probably lose 5 pounds. You gonna post the video from the camera they shove up your butt?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And good deal on the colonoscopy. Colon cancer is an easy fix if caught early enough. You need to make sure you're around long enough to dance at your daughters wedding.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Prep is the worst part. Best thing is you'll probably lose 5 pounds. You gonna post the video from the camera they shove up your butt?
No sh1t you lose that much weight from prep??? The hell they do give you and enema?

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
And good deal on the colonoscopy. Colon cancer is an easy fix if caught early enough. You need to make sure you're around long enough to dance at your daughters wedding.
Yeah I've actually been worried about getting colon cancer even before my dads diagnosis... I use to do opiates heavily and had chronic constipation... also chewed Copenhagen for years and never used a spitter, except to remove the plug when I was done dipping... I've been irregular for years.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have to be squeaky clean inside so they can see everything, so no solid food for 48 hours prior, and clear liquid only for 24 hours prior. You drink Miralax mixed in gatorade the evening before, which basically makes you shyt water in a continuous stream for a couple of hours. Take your laptop into the bathroom, or make sure your phone is charged.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
You have to be squeaky clean inside so they can see everything, so no solid food for 48 hours prior, and clear liquid only for 24 hours prior. You drink Miralax mixed in gatorade the evening before, which basically makes you shyt water in a continuous stream for a couple of hours. Take your laptop into the bathroom, or make sure your phone is charged.
Damn that sucks!!!! No solid food for 48hrs!!! The hell.

CJNator

Awards
Non but I'll be running YK11 soon and I'd like my prostate and hairline defended lol I'll be getting OL kingsguard too.

CJNator

Awards
48 hrs!? That's horrible, I only did 24 hours before I had mine.

CJNator

Awards
Yeah I've actually been worried about getting colon cancer even before my dads diagnosis... I use to do opiates heavily and had chronic constipation... also chewed Copenhagen for years and never used a spitter, except to remove the plug when I was done dipping... I've been irregular for years.
Hope all that goes well man! The prep is horrible but at least you'll be sleeping during the colonoscopy.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They put you out for it?
Yep. I remember being wheeled into the room for the procedure and being rolled over on my side. Next thing I know, I'm back in the room I started in, completely dressed talking to the nurse.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I've got a phobia of getting doped, blacking out, and waking up with a sore ass

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I've got a phobia of getting doped, blacking out, and waking up with a sore ass
Probably a result of that time at church camp

CJNator

Awards
Yep. I remember being wheeled into the room for the procedure and being rolled over on my side. Next thing I know, I'm back in the room I started in, completely dressed talking to the nurse.
Lol they dressed you in your sleep????

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Well I also had an endoscopy so they may have been the reason too but I had anther colonoscopy before that one that I was put out for.
Damn CJNator... you look like a young guy (how old are you btw), why all the testing?

CJNator

Awards
Damn CJNator... you look like a young guy (how old are you btw), why all the testing?
I'm 22 and I got crohns, the first time I got it something happened that felt like crohns but just went away. The 2nd time I just waited it out. 6 months later I got sent into the hospital for a month, I'd tell you the details but the details are gross lol.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh god that's definitely not a good feeling lol
Especially not when your wife is with you. I was always a little concerned about what I might have said during that time.

CJNator

Awards
Especially not when your wife is with you. I was always a little concerned about what I might have said during that time.
lol best think to say to yourself is "I don't remember what I said so I never said it"

CJNator

Awards
So I'll be going to the doctor soon, I've been getting pains on my sides but I can't tell if it's muscular or not. I'll ask for a full check up and a hormone panel if possible.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I'll be going to the doctor soon, I've been getting pains on my sides but I can't tell if it's muscular or not. I'll ask for a full check up and a hormone panel if possible.
Hope it's nothing serious man.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hope all turns out ok. You think it's from your crones?

CJNator

Awards
Yesterday:

Deadlifts
315x1
385x2x5

Lat pulldown(overhand grip)
200x10
200x8

Calf press
90x10
90x20
90x10
90x8

Didn't do too much but I was thinking I had kidney stones lol I'm just being paranoid.

CJNator

Awards
Bench press
135x5
185x1
205x2x5

Shoulder DB Press
85x2x8

Tricep pushdown
185x2x10

Facepulls and planks

I'm going to start adding more sets and less workouts so I can use time for cardio.

CJNator

Awards
Deadlift
315x2
385x2x5
385x3

Leg extensions
90x3x10

200x10
200x8

Calf press
90x10
90x20
90x40

So guys I'm switching my S&W M&P for a Glock 21 gen 4, now that I'm getting into guns more supplements will be halted a bit lol. Also I'm not sure if I'll be doing YK11, may just do another Osta run. Might get some bronkaid along side it too.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deadlift
315x2
385x2x5
385x3

Leg extensions
90x3x10

200x10
200x8

Calf press
90x10
90x20
90x40

So guys I'm switching my S&W M&P for a Glock 21 gen 4, now that I'm getting into guns more supplements will be halted a bit lol. Also I'm not sure if I'll be doing YK11, may just do another Osta run. Might get some bronkaid along side it too.
Trading guns is a sickness. Tough to stop once you get started. Glocks are good handguns, but not my choice.

CJNator

Awards
Trading guns is a sickness. Tough to stop once you get started. Glocks are good handguns, but not my choice.
Haha it is! I have like 3 pistol on my list that I want lol. What do you prefer?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha it is! I have like 3 pistol on my list that I want lol. What do you prefer?
I'm a 1911 fan, followed closely by revolvers. But I've probably put more rounds through my Ruger Mark III .22 pistols than all the others I have.